Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress [LP CYOA] Tower

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
if Elizabeth gets the gun i'm voting we switch over to playing her
:M

people voting for a bootless creep with a sling have serious halfling fetish issues
:M

we're not playing a 10yo child, we're playing a 0th level character partway to becoming 1st level and choosing skills - and doing it wrong thanks to boot- and gun-averse faggotry afoot
:rpgcodex:

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
we're not playing a 10yo child, we're playing a 0th level character partway to becoming 1st level and choosing skills
We don't know that. It is also possible that we are choosing a weapon for a job based on the skills we have.

Because we definitely are playing a 10yo child at the moment, and sometimes there will be an Alexei to remind us of that.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Obviously a longer, sharper knife would be better, but no one wanted to pick the knife.

In fairness, even a revolver would have a hard time killing a bear-sized creature.

Esquilax

Arcane
After a day away from the keyboard and a good night's sleep, I have seen the error of my ways. I was (am?) retarded.

Flopping to AD
A will definitely lose to B or C. Might as well pick one of those so your vote isn't thrown away.
He flopped to B. Didn’t work out the way you wanted it to, did it? :lol:

Not quite, I had edited my post immediately after ItsChon posted. I changed it to BD after ItsChon suggested that I switch to something that would affect the final vote. Because this all happened within five minutes of my original post, you can't see that I had edited it. So when he quoted me, I actually was voting for AD.

Obviously a longer, sharper knife would be better, but no one wanted to pick the knife.

In fairness, even a revolver would have a hard time killing a bear-sized creature.

On the other hand, a sling in the hands of a good-hearted shepherd hunter boy is a proven giant-killer.

Osmar_Schindler_David_und_Goliath.jpg

Baltika9

Arcane
Ladies, ladies, you're all beautiful. There's no need to fight.
On the other hand, a sling in the hands of a good-hearted shepherd hunter boy is a proven giant-killer.
It's also a well-known trope in heroic sagas that a little boy standing up to seasoned warriors will inevitably impress them into adopting him. But I doubt we'd want to be adopted by changelings, so...
+M

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I wonder what kind of sling we're getting? Whether it's one of the the legit David & Goliath ones, a Y-Sling, or an H-Sling. Some of these can actually generate a decent amount of power. B was originally my conditional so I don't really mind that we picked it.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
By the way, had 2A won, Lambchop would've gotten enough ammo for I TOLD YOU SO for many many updates to come.

Baltika9

Arcane
By the way, had 2A won, Lambchop would've gotten enough ammo for I TOLD YOU SO for many many updates to come.
What about 2C? Actually, instead of doing them by onesies and twosies, what were the best to worst options?

Tigranes

Arcane

I hope we remember the lesson, folks. We can be shy hunter, adventure hunter, lover boy hunter, whatever, it's all cool, but it pays to go back to the simple facts in the update text and not imagine all these alternate realities based on wishful assumptions.

Now it's time for that victory celebration swamp foursome right

Esquilax

Arcane
I hope we remember the lesson, folks. We can be shy hunter, adventure hunter, lover boy hunter, whatever, it's all cool, but it pays to go back to the simple facts in the update text and not imagine all these alternate realities based on wishful assumptions.

Now it's time for that victory celebration swamp foursome right

To hell with you and your sensible ideas.

To wit, these creatures are shapeshifters: who else do we know is a shapeshifter? That's right, Shulgi. BUT... Shulgi is also old. Who's the oldest person we know? Grandma Tlalli. Gentlemen, it is too soon to celebrate. While we're celebrating our victory swamp foursome, lulled into a false sense of security, Shulgi-Tlalli will slash our throats. Much butthurt will be had, and after 15 pages of debate, popamolers will vote for a rollback, which will succeed by a single vote after someone - probably me - flops at the last second.

Baltika9

Arcane
Because I have no confirmation on the consequences of 2C, I would like to thank Lambchop19 for stopping me from pushing us into a terrible mistake with 2A. Good looking out, man.
:salute:
What about 2C? Actually, instead of doing them by onesies and twosies, what were the best to worst options?
You don't expect him to actually tell, do you?
It's worth a shot.
If he did, the blamegame would never cease.
But isn't that the point?
:troll:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Of course I would have. You dropped a bunch of hints that Sophie was vulnerable and one giant hint that the gun was a bad idea.

That said, I really don’t like having too much I told you so ammo because that’s when people start actually trusting me by default instead of thinking about what I say and checking to make sure I’m not wrong. Then we’re one yolo moment way from Sphere Diplomacy. :M

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
one giant hint that the gun was a bad idea.
I still do not believe you. How bad can it be? :M

(it's just a turn of phrase one uses to show inexperience, not some secret sign)

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom