Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline TINFOIL HELMET DELIVERANCE

user

Savant
At last, someone who isn't afraid to speak the truth about 5G.
Premise is captivating to say the least.

deama

Prophet
Wait so what is this gonna be? Is it gonna be like deus ex? Or you gonna invent a new genre?
Also, are you making an engine from scratch by yourself or you using an existing one?

It's about a mentally ill homeless man who lives in a condemned bathroom outside a Chinese takeaway becoming the greatest superhero of them all in a single night.

This man has a delusional talking rabbit friend as his ally and a 1957 Bell Systems AI Satellite called "Aunty Em" (A.E.M. Advanced Electromagnetic Monitor) who summons him with his CIA mind control chip on the night the 5G network is activated on a secret frequency that awakens the covertlly injected vaccine agents that turn the population into rabid, bloodthirsty self-mutilating killers.

As the elites plot their escape from this experimental pilot, the hero has to fight Cabal death squads, the 5G lunatics, giant alligators in the sewers and psychotronic antimatter creatures from other dimensions using the powers of his imaginary friend.

That's the premise.

P.S. In many ways it draws from ARKHAM CITY, including some similar skill trees and experience power ups.

P.P.S. A sample track currently used for the stealth/takedown game cycle ...
https://youtu.be/WAGIM8mURXY
Will the combat be similiar to arkham city or something else?

Eirinjas

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
It's about a mentally ill homeless man who lives in a condemned bathroom outside a Chinese takeaway becoming the greatest superhero of them all in a single night.

This man has a delusional talking rabbit friend as his ally and a 1957 Bell Systems AI Satellite called "Aunty Em" (A.E.M. Advanced Electromagnetic Monitor) who summons him with his CIA mind control chip on the night the 5G network is activated on a secret frequency that awakens the covertlly injected vaccine agents that turn the population into rabid, bloodthirsty self-mutilating killers.

As the elites plot their escape from this experimental pilot, the hero has to fight Cabal death squads, the 5G lunatics, giant alligators in the sewers and psychotronic antimatter creatures from other dimensions using the powers of his imaginary friend.

So, semi-autobiographical?

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer

So, semi-autobiographical?

Not the hero we wanted but the hero we deserve.

... Skill tree prototype (semi) working

Diggfinger

Arcane
Wait so what is this gonna be? Is it gonna be like deus ex? Or you gonna invent a new genre?
Also, are you making an engine from scratch by yourself or you using an existing one?

Cleve describes Codex demography in a succinct and surprisingly accurate manner.

I'm supporting this project!
:incline:

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Working on the dialogues now. There are 8 NPCs in the game we have detailed conversations with as well as the AI Mother Satellite and I'd like to get them out of the way as they are probably the most complex interactions.

Also got some pretty wicked hand-to-hand fighting going with defense, balance and stuns with combo moves for battling villains. Not quite ARKHAM CITY but pretty darn good considering I have put it together with about two weeks of coding.

tfhd-ss9.png

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Working on the dialogues now. There are 8 NPCs in the game we have detailed conversations with as well as the AI Mother Satellite and I'd like to get them out of the way as they are probably the most complex interactions.

Also got some pretty wicked hand-to-hand fighting going with defense, balance and stuns with combo moves for battling villains. Not quite ARKHAM CITY but pretty darn good considering I have put it together with about two weeks of coding.

View attachment 13210

Whats the genre Cleve? First person survival? TPS action? Loved Grimoire, would buy anything you made

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer

View attachment 13210

Whats the genre Cleve? First person survival? TPS action? Loved Grimoire, would buy anything you made

Third Person Superhero Survival Horror Psychedelic Walking Simulator with Minigames

ARKHAM CITY + MYSTERY MEN + NAKED LUNCH = WIN

Old Hans

Arcane

That's the premise.

P.S. In many ways it draws from ARKHAM CITY, including some similar skill trees and experience power ups.

P.P.S. A sample track currently used for the stealth/takedown game cycle ...
https://youtu.be/WAGIM8mURXY
hqdefault.jpg

Diggfinger

Arcane

Also got some pretty wicked hand-to-hand fighting going with defense, balance and stuns with combo moves for battling villains. Not quite ARKHAM CITY but pretty darn good considering I have put it together with about two weeks Nano-seconds of coding.

View attachment 13210

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Doing some more experiments with dialogue cameras and lighting presets to get the same approach for all NPCs in the game. Should flip back and forth between NPCs and player with occasional camera cutscenes and additional UI information to cover new perks, powerups and weapons info.

I think Jethro might give us the slingshot or the monkey wrench to get us started. The monkey wrench is the signature weapon I think with the slingshot firing different types of loads coming up a close second.

tfhd-ss10.png

agris

Arcane
Patron
Monkey wrench sounds a bit too playful- maybe pipe wrench or spanner? I'd like to use vice grips during a tool-based combo please.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Please tell me there will be a short Mexican vato named Benny as one of the enemies you face and that Gerber's baby food bottles will be an equip-able weapon...

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Please tell me there will be a short Mexican vato named Benny as one of the enemies you face and that Gerber's baby food bottles will be an equip-able weapon...

If I could find a good usable asset I would definitely 100% put a Mexican wrestler villain into the game. I don't have any suitable models in my library, I've looked.

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
received this flyer
best guess, it is an ARG and part of a clever viral marketing campaign for Tinfoil Helmet Deliverance...
btw, if you google translate this flyer to Chinese (Wuhan-Hankou dialect) you get directions to a darknet website where you can pre-order Tinfoil Helmet face masks (with a military grade, machine washable filter) and titanium woven wire mesh for upgrading your gaming room with a DIY faraday cage.
Flyer.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom