Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's learn about fighting games and get murdered together.

• Thread starter Generic-Giant-Spider
  • Start date

Jason Liang

Arcane
kof all stars is doing a wwe collab in May. This is amazing and hilarious.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Who are the wrestlers featured? Are they some new era shit or classics?

Jason Liang

Arcane
We don't know yet. Netmarble is a Korean dev so...

My guess is 6 wrestlers -
- Brock Lesnar
- Undertaker
- Roman Reigns
- ... HHH
- Charlotte Flair
- Asuka

Most people are speculating Attitude era but I'm not sure why WWE would agree to promoting The Rock, Goldberg, etc...

Also Kurt Angle strangely has a huge fanbase.

Last edited:

Generic-Giant-Spider

Can they make Charlotte not look like a transsexual, that's the true test.

Jason Liang

Arcane
9xw7t16mfax41.jpg

So-
- The Rock
- Undertaker
- Cena
- Seth Rollins
- Kofi Kingston (not pictured) <--- The gossip is that Xavier Woods plays KOFAS and was involved in the collab pitch/ Remember when New Day hosted Wrestlemania dressed Final Fantasy?
- Becky Lynch (not pictured)

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

Jason Liang

Arcane
Previews are out for Undertaker, Rock and Cena.

Undertaker is ok, Rock is passable, but Cena is atrocious. They gave him a dropkick, and I don't remember ever seeing Cena dropkick.

Undertaker, Rock, Cena, Rollins and Becky are in the same banner, with Undertaker, Rock and Cena being Fes tier, and Rollins and Becky are normal ultra rares. Kofi is probably going to be a free reward character.

UPDATE: Ok it seems there will be 8 wrestlers total.

The banner (gacha pulls) has 3 Fes wrestlers - Undertaker, Rock and Cena - and ultra rare wrestlers - Rollins, Becky and Kofi. Then there are alternates for The Rock and Cena that are free rewards.

Last edited:
i watched wrestling as a kid. i knew it wasn't real but i was entertained by the characters. the colors, the dresses, the signature moves. i rooted for big boss man, he was incrediblt fast even despite looking like a milk carton. the following generation? all faceless blokes, they all looked the same, acted the same, spoke the same. i don't understand the following. wwf wrestlefest royal rumble mode ftw.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
If anyone is confused by this:

All the frontrunners are now exhibition tourneys, which means mostly the pros. Smash is out because the online is the worst out of all of them, and it'd look bad gor Nintendo (speculation but, we know the it would've been horrid).

The online tourneys are all composed of games with good online. MK, KI, Skullgirls and yes Thems Fighting Herds have GGPO which allows for much much better games compared to pretty much any Bandai, SNK or Arc Sys game. These are open and any wi-fi warrior can play in them. This is interesting as all of these games weren't going to be at EVO at all, and most were older games. Plus anyone can join so who knows who'll win.

For me, a Killer Instinct EVO with no Smash sounds great. I wish Rivals had GGPO, it could've made it.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Sad reality is online fighting games are still stuck in a dark age of not moving past Sega Dreamcast tier online. Netcode in fighting games almost always sucks because developers put it on the back burner of things to improve on, even though it's the lifeblood of replayability.

The only games I've played that have ever had good netcode was KI 2013 and MKX when they fixed it up in 2016. But a win is a win, fuck Smash Bros.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Never understood Nintendo's reluctance with online services.
This sure is a loss for them, specially if you consider that you can play Melee online decently well through Dolphin.

Hope the Tekken 7 tournament be the most boring shit ever, so those lazy fucks can start properly balancing the game again.

Generic-Giant-Spider

MK11 is on the menu, the boredom train is well covered.

I wish Ed Boon FOUND HIS BALLS again and dropped a video where he's wearing a leather jacket, sunglasses and bandanna then says "FUCK EVO. THEY DIDN'T WANT US BEFORE NOW THEY WANT US AGAIN? MAN FUCK YOU MAN. WE GOT OUR OWN EVO. MEVO. THAT'S MORTAL KOMBAT EVO, NIGGUH. I'M FUCKING ED BOON, NIGGUH. BUY AFTERMATH AT $40, NIGGUH.

PS: FUCK MR. WIZARD AND STREET FIGHTER V AIN'T SHIT. CAPCOM DUCKING AN MK CROSSOVER CUZ THEY PUSSY MADE. POISON'S A GUY. PEACE."

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Nah I want this to be Tekken 6 EVO 2011 all over again, where all the contestant pick the the most broken character of the game (in Tekken 6 was Bob, and now in 7 is Leroy and Fahkuram).
That way people barely watch the tournament, the dev team loses revenue and then community mob shits so hard on the devs, that maybe, just maybe the lazy retards bring the game back to the perfection that was Season 2.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Eh, still not going back into that gacha. It's a fun beat em up at first but the grind is suprr bad. I wish it was normal, having a team of 3 Kings was amazing.

Generic-Giant-Spider

I'd end up getting anybody but Yamazaki or Shermie and immediately delete it off my phone in a rage.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS LOLLOLLOL

ONLY FIGHTING GAMES I PLAYED COMPETIVELY WELL SORTA WERE MK THREE AND VIRTUA FIGHTER ONE. LIKE IN THE ARCADE QUARTERS IN QUE LOLLLOLLOL

MOSTLY MK CAUSE VF WASNT POPULAR

NOW I ENJOY ONES ON MAME AND I FAN ONES

TWO FAVORITES
DONG DONG NEVER DIE

TERRORDROME

Jason Liang

Arcane
The KOFAS update made it a lot easier to get going in the game - pretty much everything except the old collabs (Tekken and Samsho) are now permanently available. They doubled the Fes rates to 3%. New accounts now get 3 Fes characters, one of which is player's choice.

But yeah the game itself is time-consuming and grindy. Just lots and lots of different ways to grind... Needs more content.

Generic-Giant-Spider

A reminder that the Street Fighter EX series had sick music:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom