Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen - Chaos Chronicles reborn and dead again

Ninjerk

Arcane
I'd rather cherish the hope of Realms Beyond being released one day than play any other Real-Loading with Pause OwlRat game.
When are people on this forum going to realise that replacing words with random other words isn't funny or remotely clever?
Commissar Draco your very existence is in peril, comrade

Mortmal

Arcane
Took a worldwide quarantine to get those slackers back to work again, but we are getting there finally !

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
From Discord, the initial release will only cover Cormac, and Cormac itself features over 20-30 locations. As for quests, there will be a main quest with two distinct paths that aren't entirely linear (you can skip quests if you know what you're doing, many quests are open-ended and allow different approaches), and many cities and sidequests.

Even though the other human realms (Phyrrenia, Wild Lands, Kvenland and Sabag Hirar) were planned for the base game, they have been relegated to expansions because the devs can't realistically include these regions in the initial release with a satisfactory content density (devs want to give each realm the depth of content Cormac will have). The elven and dwarven lands that were to be the initial expansions (if I remember correctly) are still "under consideration"

It certainly looks like that the initial release has shrunk in scope (but maybe got richer in content?)
WWX9ZDC.png

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
From Discord, the initial release will only cover Cormac, and Cormac itself features over 20-30 locations. As for quests, there will be a main quest with two distinct paths that aren't entirely linear (you can skip quests if you know what you're doing, many quests are open-ended and allow different approaches), and many cities and sidequests.

Even though the other human realms (Phyrrenia, Wild Lands, Kvenland and Sabag Hirar) were planned for the base game, they have been relegated to expansions because the devs can't realistically include these regions in the initial release with a satisfactory content density (devs want to give each realm the depth of content Cormac will have). The elven and dwarven lands that were to be the initial expansions (if I remember correctly) are still "under consideration"
Good decision. I'd rather have one smaller region fleshed out with polished locations than a whole continent full of procedurally generated bandit camps.

Mortmal

Arcane

Good decision. I'd rather have one smaller region fleshed out with polished locations than a whole continent full of procedurally generated bandit camps.
Problem is it always end up as a small location full of generic bandit camps...

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That's still possible yeah, but it was virtually guaranteed with the initial scope of having different regions on that giant map in one game (either that or very sparse content in every region, 1 village, 1 haunted crypt and 1 bandit camp per country). Maybe they did half of the locations in that first region and realized "oh shit, at this rate we need 10 more years to do every region, what now?" and decided for a smaller scope with few better crafted locations. I hope so.

Sherry

Arcane
Hi.

gosh. Gosh. GOSH!

They've been running up that road, running up that hill with no problems. Very excited to see the combat showcase this thread is going to go bananas with posts, comments, links, videos and all sorts of goodies to gobble up. Yup! Doot doot doot! Eewwt eewwt eewwt! Here we go, it's coming for us through the trees, well help me someone, help me please! Take my shoes off and throw them in the lake and I'll be two steps on the water. I found a fox, cut by ducks and let me take it in my hands I am still afraid to be there doot doot doot! Eewwt eewwt eewwt! Beyond Realms arms around me!

Thanks,
Sherry

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
:yeah:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ceresgames/realms-beyond-ashes-of-the-fallen/posts/2838259

Combat Beta Released to Backers

Fellow Adventurers!

The long-awaited combat beta of Realms Beyond has been finally released to backers whose reward tier includes combat beta access. Assemble your party and enter the Halls of Challenge to brave tough fights that will put all your skills to the test!

The purpose of the combat beta is to provide feedback and bug reports to us, so if you are among those with access to it, we ask you to report any issues to us. The easiest way to do so is in our official Discord server, where we have opened a dedicated combat beta channel. You can also use our official forums at realms-beyond.com (account registration required). You can also write to support[at]ceres-games.com.

While the combat beta is not available to the public, there is no NDA on it. You can take screenshots, talk about your experience on forums and social media, or even record yourself playing it on YouTube or Twitch.

Since this is essentially a closed beta, please keep in mind that there are still bugs to be ironed out, balance is not perfect, and some features are missing. We will deal with those issues as we receive your reports. As of now, we have not yet implemented a savegame feature. If you want to speed up animations in combat, hold down <SPACE>. If you have any questions - or suggestions - feel free to contact us about them.

Happy playing, and may you survive the trials of the Halls of Challenge!

b0d2ac1f5a65d0904866e32e81c4b233_original.jpg

Sherry

Arcane
Hi.

Gosh, these are fantastic screens. I truly like how the particular Origin displays a little map of the region they're from, and how the larger maps behind simply peel away the layers of your imagination as you create your character. very. Very! VERY! excited for this release as they have come to capture the early excitement of adventure and if any of you are on the beta team and are planning to post videos or more screens, do share, especially you Josh. This is something else, like Ultima level excitement as it has that feel of exploration many of us crave. :hug:

Thanks,
Sherry

Ninjerk

Arcane
The trouble with streams (on Twitch at least) is that they rely on games with an entry on some wiki (Giant Bomb?) in order for you to categorize your stream as that game.

Ninjerk

Arcane
This game, PF:WotR, BG3, Colony Ship... all of these games are at least +6 months out. Man I picked the worst fucking time to have a kid.
Learn to put them in that little papoose sling thingy and they can learn RPGs from Day 1.

This shit better be good. It's the only hope for iso RPGs in the immediate future.

Well, the menu is fixed and doesn't rotate around as you try to click it. Already incline over Shitmaker.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom