Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Wild West and Wizards - open world first person exploration RPG in Weird West setting

V_K

Arcane
https://www.wildwestandwizards.com

So this has been quietly released a couple of weeks ago. Anyone tried it yet? Seems like a TES-like in a Weird West setting.
Going by Steam reviews, the pros include a decent spell arsenal and lots of puzzles. The cons, lack of weapon and enemy variety. The dev seems to be committed to releasing patches with new content though, so that might get improved later on.

ss_b5eb1cea70a523c095f4419ab081b71304703b45.600x338.jpg

ss_26014a888941ffea26d0df385b1f5a3fea6ae6d8.600x338.jpg

ss_6ec05d546f681b890c7e82147d1d537d40c5788d.600x338.jpg

ABOUT THIS GAME
January_Exploration_GIF.gif

Wild West and Wizards is an open world RPG set in a re-imagined new frontier about exploration, adventure, and loot. We wanted to create a Wild West setting that hadn't been done before.

In Wild West and Wizards you choose a character class with a unique talent tree, level up, and explore the world at your own pace. Pick a direction and head out into the great unknown with over two hundred points of interests, a main story, lore, side quests, secrets, and replayable end game content. Face off against outlaws, go on epic quests, solve puzzles, discover towns, earn new loot and abilities, and uncover mysterious places scattered across the Wild West.
Key Features
  • Become a Gun Slinging Wizard - Learn new abilities, cast an array of unique spells, loot epic weapons, and become the most powerful wizard in the west.
  • Discover the World - Pick a direction and explore a vast re-imagined wild west with over two hundred points of interests including homes, settlements, bandit camps, churches, cemeteries, caves, and more! All filled with quests, secrets, and puzzles.
  • Embark on Epic Quests - Go on bounty hunts, discover tons of side quests, and complete an epic main quest to uncover the secrets of The Wizard Towers.
  • Shoot and Loot - Loot tons of rare armor and weapons with unique stats that fit your playstyle.
  • Customize Your Character - Level up your character and unlock new talents unique to your chosen class.
  • Stop by the Saloon - Discover towns and settlements filled with people, quests, and unique items to buy.
About Lavaboots Studios
Lavaboots Studios is a small indie game company that is founded based on a purpose rather than a product. Have you ever played a game that gave you a feeling? If you have, then you know exactly what we are talking about. It's something that sticks with you for the rest of your life. It is our mission to create worlds that inspire adventure and forge an unforgettable journey.

Apologies if there's already a thread for it, but I tried title search and that didn't yield anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes i have it

played around 8 hours got up to level 6 gunslinger

relaxing game

basic combat, levelling up abilities etc

loot barrells and whatnot respawn

the economy was broken early on, there is literally nothing else to buy and upgrade at the stage i am at; shit to sell is everywhere

got wrecked by a high level bandit camp just before so the difficulty is spiking nicely

repeaters are OP; they fire so fast it puts the revolver and shotgun to shame and easy to upgrade as well in the blacksmith

caves have a definite morrowind vibe about them

you can respec your ability tree at any time but cant change classes

good game, would recommend for a simple, relaxing change of pace

23CA655310C72F90579DBD5C137078E74F49AA29

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I have it but I am not sure when I will actually play the game.

Last edited:

Sykar

Arcane
yes i have it

played around 8 hours got up to level 6 gunslinger

relaxing game

basic combat, levelling up abilities etc

loot barrells and whatnot respawn

the economy was broken early on, there is literally nothing else to buy and upgrade at the stage i am at; shit to sell is everywhere

got wrecked by a high level bandit camp just before so the difficulty is spiking nicely

repeaters are OP; they fire so fast it puts the revolver and shotgun to shame and easy to upgrade as well in the blacksmith

caves have a definite morrowind vibe about them

you can respec your ability tree at any time but cant change classes

good game, would recommend for a simple, relaxing change of pace

23CA655310C72F90579DBD5C137078E74F49AA29

Nice name.
:fallout3:

Drowed

Arcane
Somehow this made me miss Outlaws. Now I feel old again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom