Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Wasteland 3 Dev Diary #1: Character Creation, Customization & Combat

Dr Schultz

Augur
I'm glad they dropped the individual initiative of W2. In roughly 25 years I've never played a single tactical game focused on firemars better off by this feature.
Also, the enemies acting simultaneously is a neat feature. In theory at least. I wanna see how it works in conjuncion with the ambush/overwatch option.

Last edited:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Brawling.... was that a big skill in the original for damage? I seem to recall it being such and in Dragon Wars. Maybe too much DBZ, Streets of Rage, Final Fight, Double Dragon etc etc.

Also, you telling me NO ONE knows how to make bullets or mod old firearms? So in the pre-revolutionary war, old west, etc we as humans could make ammo but after the fallout we became utter fucktards who can't make shit? Come on! BS!!

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Also, you telling me NO ONE knows how to make bullets or mod old firearms? So in the pre-revolutionary war, old west, etc we as humans could make ammo but after the fallout we became utter fucktards who can't make shit? Come on! BS!!
After a world burning nuclear war, there is a good chance that a technological dark age would arrive. If a big chunck of the engineers died, where would be no people around who knew how to actually make things. Hell, city dwellers would starve to death because they don't know shit about plantations and animal husbandry. Even people who work at factories don't know how to produce things without machines.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The world of Wasteland as portrayed in the first two games seems to have the capacity for light industrial manufacturing. Colorado might be more rustic, or maybe David is just exaggerating a bit to explain why ammo scarcity is a gameplay factor.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Okay, the video sold me the game.

upload_2020-5-17_18-42-56.png

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
After a world burning nuclear war, there is a good chance that a technological dark age would arrive. If a big chunck of the engineers died, where would be no people around who knew how to actually make things. Hell, city dwellers would starve to death because they don't know shit about plantations and animal husbandry. Even people who work at factories don't know how to produce things without machines.

True, but based on the maps in game I think humanity is doing ok in areas. Somone can create mechs and such. If it was worse then I'd expect it even worse than Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome. Nothing but tribal idiot kids. Maybe the world had scorpion mechs and lasers/plasma before hand. I'd have to go through both games again and fully nitpick how bad it is for survivors. That farm complex in the original leads me to think they have a good handle on food at least there.

eh, randoms encounters happen and you can probably hoard ammo with careful play. Hell, it might even be abundant.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
If a big chunck of the engineers died, where would be no people around who knew how to actually make things.

Even if they ALL surviveed, 50 years later there will be no such people cause they will all die of old age.
And there won't be any fancy big university to teach new ones.

Last edited:
There's also the possibility that you meet someone who can do it, quest to do an ammo workshop etc, and they just don't want to spoil it. *wink wink*

razvedchiki

Erudite
they could use the metro 2033 bullet scarsity system, pre apocalypse bullets are rare and can be used as money but are the real thing.
then you have apocalypse era made ammunition with various degree of quality and performance, this are numerous.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Even Captain Kirk alone on a crap planet could build a modified boom
Stiick to blast a hole in lizard fuck; albeit Kirk is pretty hands on in situations and not some dumb mutant fucknut.

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.
Its all so ridiculous, zany and idiotic
Maybe because it's made by ridiculous, zany idiots?

Can't really trace it to a point because I don't care all that much about babblings of Todd Howard, but I think that somewhere around the time when F3 was called bleak for its color palette (among other things), games really went for colorful (and generic) vibe - DA:O, Skyrim, Witcher 3. Then, since around Overwatch everything went cartoon/zany on top of that. Commercial success of Outer Worlds will only take it further.

Last edited:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
End game dmg is Hits combo x3450 and damage in the billions. Maybe cutscenes like DC later games and finishing moves.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom