Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress [LP CYOA] Tower

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I doubt that that's the case. He approached us instead of Tlalli, whom he says he's here for. I'm thinking that this was a trap he set for her and wants to take one or both of us as hostages, as leverage or snacks. Attacking him will at least shock him enough to let Sophie run to get help, if not dispel his illusion. I'm thinking that we can hold out long enough for help to arrive with our willpower and constitution. And I have zero doubts in Tlalli's ability to find this creepazoid when she's focused on him, and not on pulling the heads off of changelings.

TL;DR, I think that the Home Alone response is our best option, even if it is rather rude.
Y'all aren't fully analyzing the situation. The most likely scenario is that Bull is a human that is of the same cloth as Rasputin and Tlalli. Specifically, I believe his part of the same association as Tlalli.
Indeed, the Grand Old Lady of the Hunters’ Association truly lives up to her name, does she not? Why, to think that even this is not the full extent of her ability. That is truly a scary thought, hmm?”
I'd rather not spoil anything for anyone, but I'm fairly certain IK where Treave is going with this setting (it's going to be epic if it's what I'm thinking so fingers crossed), so I'm not just basing this belief on nothing. If we look at the people we've seen that are connected to this world, all of them seem to be fairly strange, odd, and powerful. I get that this bloke is giving us weird Pedo vibes, and who knows, he might even be one. But we're with Tlalli, which implies that we're under her protection, and I don't think the Bull is going to violate that, especially if he is who he says he is (a friend of Tlalli).
I came to talk with Dame Tlalli, mind you, that dear old friend of mine. Imagine my surprise when I found such wonderful little children along with her, in such a dangerous place! How very, very risky indeed, hmm?”
Of course, it's possible that this is some evil assassin or guy that's here to hunt Tlalli down, and he's taking this as the opportunity to use us against her, but if that's the case than he's much more powerful than us and just launching a rock at his head will accomplish nothing. Tlalli is wrestling with shapeshifting creatures, and we observe her strength to be something akin to that of a superhuman. If this Bull bloke believes he's capable of taking her on, do we really think that we have the faintest hope against him?

B is the best option because it's a straight up 50-50. Either he is who he says he is and nothing is going to happen, or he's an enemy and we can respond with violence accordingly after he reveals his true colors.

If we go with C, yes there is the possibility that he'll laugh at our moxy and take it as a no, before continuing to have his conversation with Tlalli, but it's also equally possible that he will turn hostile when he otherwise wasn't, or he'll take the chance to kill us because we saw right through his ruse, or whatever.

In the end it's all a judgement call, and I'm still confident if we go with C everything will work out, but I think B is the safest option and will reflect well on our ability to remain composed under pressure and judge the character of others.

hello friend

Arcane
I think it's a fair assumption that a professional monster hunter doesn't just assume a 10yo (also of humble means) kid is a firearms expert and would give at least a basic rundown.

Not that any of that matter now.
Any professional monster hunter who would risk children's lives by bringing them with her on a hunt, let alone one who would give a 10yo a gun shouldn't have any positive assumptions made regarding how responsible she would be when issuing firearms.
Well, she's clearly comfortable with putting us in harm's way, but she brought us along because we could be useful. Our astras are one thing, but a 10yo waving a gun around with no idea what he's doing is a liability, not an asset. She wouldn't want us to shoot ourselves in the dick by accident on the way to the battle location, and thus lose her map. Or shoot Sophie by accident while playing around with our snazzy new gun. Whoops, there go the magical eyes. And it wouldn't take Tlalli more than a moment. There's really no scenario in which it makes sense or is consistent with her behaviour to not give us a very basic intro. Whether her behaviour would have made sense or be consistent would of course have been up to treave, though.

Baltika9

Arcane
I'd rather not spoil anything for anyone, but I'm fairly certain IK where Treave is going with this setting (it's going to be epic if it's what I'm thinking so fingers crossed),
Okay, but that kinda makes it hard for me to view things from your perspective and not consider your approach egregious metagaming.

As I understand it, this man is calling her by title like a felon would the sheriff/bounty hunter that pursues him. Tlalli has obviously been a monster hunter for a hot minute, so it's not beyond the realm of possibility that her name and reputation are very well known by the things she hunts.

Y'all aren't fully analyzing the situation. The most likely scenario is that Bull is a human that is of the same cloth as Rasputin and Tlalli. Specifically, I believe his part of the same association as Tlalli.
If that's the case, why isn't grandma creeping us out like him? The man screams 'bad news,' he even says it himself:
As he takes a deep bow, you sense a subtle change in your surroundings. Somehow, the world feels less real. A mist has descended around you, obscuring all visibility beyond a few meters. You back away from the man, feeling Sophie clutch onto your clothes tightly behind you.

“Marvellous instincts, little chap!” chuckles John Bull jovially as he observes your reaction. “But there is no need to be afraid –“
B is the best option because it's a straight up 50-50. Either he is who he says he is and nothing is going to happen, or he's an enemy and we can respond with violence accordingly after he reveals his true colors.
Here's my view on how B will pan out: we say no, he tries to nab us by force and succeeds with either us or Sophie. We are now worse off than we were before.
and will reflect well on our ability to remain composed under pressure and judge the character of others
We already judged him in the quote I cited above, and found him very much wanting.

Esquilax

Arcane
Y'all aren't fully analyzing the situation. The most likely scenario is that Bull is a human that is of the same cloth as Rasputin and Tlalli. Specifically, I believe his part of the same association as Tlalli
I'd rather not spoil anything for anyone, but I'm fairly certain IK where Treave is going with this setting (it's going to be epic if it's what I'm thinking so fingers crossed), so I'm not just basing this belief on nothing. If we look at the people we've seen that are connected to this world, all of them seem to be fairly strange, odd, and powerful. I get that this bloke is giving us weird Pedo vibes, and who knows, he might even be one. But we're with Tlalli, which implies that we're under her protection, and I don't think the Bull is going to violate that, especially if he is who he says he is (a friend of Tlalli).
Of course, it's possible that this is some evil assassin or guy that's here to hunt Tlalli down, and he's taking this as the opportunity to use us against her, but if that's the case than he's much more powerful than us and just launching a rock at his head will accomplish nothing. Tlalli is wrestling with shapeshifting creatures, and we observe her strength to be something akin to that of a superhuman. If this Bull bloke believes he's capable of taking her on, do we really think that we have the faintest hope against him?

That's because he doesn't believe he can take her on. If he did, he would be talking to her, not us. Predators go after the weakest members of the herd, not the strongest. I gotta tell ya - I'm dumbfounded that you're taking this fuck's words at face value, yet ignoring his actions. He cuts off our escape routes, tells us to go with him RIGHT NOW, and that isn't alarming; but he calls Tlalli a friend, so they must be friends.

It'll be too late. Right now we have a window where we can do something unpredictable enough to buy time for Tlalli to save us. Right now, he is at least somewhat desperate:

You look the fat man in the eye, and he looks back, not shying away from your gaze, grinning all the while. “It’s a very jolly good proposition, if I do say so myself, hmm? But tick, tock, time is running out!” Taking out a pocket-watch, he makes a big show of peering at it. “I am a busy, busy man, you know! Places to be, people to see!”

He's cut us off from any help, but whatever bullshit he's pulling needs to be done ASAP. If he and Tlalli were friends, why would he be doing this in secrecy?

If we go with C, yes there is the possibility that he'll laugh at our moxy and take it as a no, before continuing to have his conversation with Tlalli, but it's also equally possible that he will turn hostile when he otherwise wasn't, or he'll take the chance to kill us because we saw right through his ruse, or whatever.

But that's precisely the point of C voters; he's already hostile. Some guy creeps up on us in the middle of nowhere, prevents you from leaving, but also says that you must come with him. There are times when you simply have to surrender to an overwhelmingly powerful force, but I don't think that this is one of those times. Because, like I said, I'm not doing voting for C with the intention to win, it's only to distract/buy time, which is our one advantage here.

Absinthe

Arcane
ItsChon raised an interesting point. The Hunters' Association is new to us. It doesn't seem to be any of the usual knightly orders.

Kz3r0

Arcane
I'd rather not spoil anything for anyone, but I'm fairly certain IK where Treave is going with this setting
Sorry, I am a purist, I rely only on the informations provided by the LP, even if you are right it’s illogical to trust him.

Absinthe

Arcane
Y'know, even if C doesn't result in us pulling a tiger by the tail and he just lets us be, we'll still look completely fucking autistic if this is our idea of an answer to his polite offer. It bears repeating but uh, nothing we have seen so far indicates that he is actually hostile to us or Tlalli. He's untrustworthy, sure, but that isn't the same as hostile. Consider that C is an overreaction given these circumstances. And consider that pissing off these sorts of people is in all likelihood more dangerous than just talking. No one here so far has made a convincing case for how our slingshot would result in anything good happening. It's all panic-driven logic centered on the idea that he's an imminent danger so doing something is better than doing nothing.

I'm of the opinion that we're too outclassed for our slingshot to be a reasonable obstruction to him or whatever he is doing, so the only thing C does accomplish is antagonize him.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Okay, but that kinda makes it hard for me to view things from your perspective and not consider your approach egregious metagaming.
Eh, IDK about that. You were the one who made the obvious connection with the strange Russian monk being Rasputin. How can I help it that I was able to make the obvious connection between what Treave is writing and what I know? I just have a hunch, nothing concrete. Even if I didn't have said hunch though, I would still err on the caution, because I've done a lot of RPs with people that are a lot less forgiving than Treave. That's why I was so against us attacking the beast in the beginning of the RP, and wanted us to run. Not because I wanted to play a coward character, but because barring extraordinary luck, a child would die the vast majority of the time in such a situation. Launching a rock at someone's head, when said someone has the ability to kill us before we could even move, just isn't smart.
As I understand it, this man is calling her by title like a felon would the sheriff/bounty hunter that pursues him. Tlalli has obviously been a monster hunter for a hot minute, so it's not beyond the realm of possibility that her name and reputation are very well known by the things she hunts.
Fair enough, and I acknowledged this possibility in my post.
Of course, it's possible that this is some evil assassin or guy that's here to hunt Tlalli down, and he's taking this as the opportunity to use us against her, but if that's the case than he's much more powerful than us and just launching a rock at his head will accomplish nothing.
If that's the case, why isn't grandma creeping us out like him? The man screams 'bad news,' he even says it himself:
That isn't indicative of anything. Treave described it as a sense of "wrongness" and he says we felt the same sense of wrongness when Rasputin entered the room. \ou wanted to buddy up with him despite that feeling we got. In the end, Rasputin was nice enough as he didn't reveal our location to the rest of the soldiers. On a related note, we had no real feeling of wrongness when it came to Alexei, but he ended up being a creepy pedo sadist. There is nothing to suggest that the Bull can't be in the same boat. What if this sense of wrongness is just our ability to tell when we're around someone who is significantly more powerful than us, and has the possibility of being a threat? Grandma is powerful for sure, but we can tell she's not interested in harming anything that isn't a beast she's hunting. Both the Bull and Rasputin seem to have no such reservations for when it comes to getting what they want. The only reason we haven't been killed is because these people have no desire to kill us. Plus, take a look at this from Treave.
As he takes a deep bow, you sense a subtle change in your surroundings. Somehow, the world feels less real. A mist has descended around you, obscuring all visibility beyond a few meters. You back away from the man, feeling Sophie clutch onto your clothes tightly behind you.
I think the sense of wrongness we're feeling is a byproduct of the mist. This aura of his is similar to what we felt when Rasputin was around. No mention of aura/mist has been said regarding Tlalli, but perhaps that's because she keeps it hidden and has no need to invoke it just yet. Finally, this is also an important point.
“Marvellous instincts, little chap!” chuckles John Bull jovially as he observes your reaction. “But there is no need to be afraid –“
This remark seems to go along with my theory regarding the aura/mist. His chuckle and statement backs up my theory that he's a neutral observer that is amused by us, versus being a hostile threat.
Here's my view on how B will pan out: we say no, he tries to nab us by force and succeeds with either us or Sophie. We are now worse off than we were before.
If he want's to nab us, he'll do so regardless of whether or not we launch a stupid rock at his skull. Did you already forget how helpless Andrew was against Alexei? And Andrew is obviously stronger than we are now.
hat's because he doesn't believe he can take her on. If he did, he would be talking to her, not us. Predators go after the weakest members of the herd, not the strongest. I gotta tell ya - I'm dumbfounded that you're taking this fuck's words at face value, yet ignoring his actions. He cuts off our escape routes, tells us to go with him RIGHT NOW, and that isn't alarming; but he calls Tlalli a friend, so they must be friends.
He didn't tell us to go with him right now, he made us an offer. I didn't get the impression that he was strong arming us tbh.
It'll be too late. Right now we have a window where we can do something unpredictable enough to buy time for Tlalli to save us. Right now, he is at least somewhat desperate:
He's cut us off from any help, but whatever bullshit he's pulling needs to be done ASAP. If he and Tlalli were friends, why would he be doing this in secrecy?
Like I said before, he could be doing this in "secrecy" because this is all a game to him. He's fascinated by these kids, and clearly he's heard of us before, as he remarks on us being marked.
“And… oh, bless my old eyes and hope they may be right, but you are one who is marked, hmm?” His gaze falls upon your bad leg, twinkling with interest.
This indicates that there is something deeper going on that we're not privy too. I'm not saying this guy has our best interests in mind, obviously he doesn't, but him killing and kidnapping us? Just seems very lame and boring. I think he's fascinated by us being marked and he's curious to see what will happen.
But that's precisely the point of C voters; he's already hostile. Some guy creeps up on us in the middle of nowhere, prevents you from leaving, but also says that you must come with him. There are times when you simply have to surrender to an overwhelmingly powerful force, but I don't think that this is one of those times. Because, like I said, I'm not doing voting for C with the intention to win, it's only to distract/buy time, which is our one advantage here.
Lmao hostile. He could have clubbed us over the head and boom, hostage situation right there. He was behind us and we had no idea until he spoke up. There is absolutely nothing to suggest he's hostile other than the bad feeling we got. I would like to note that you were in favor of hitting the lantern and running out of the room back when Rasputin was around. E ended up working out very well and being the best choice imo, as we're safe, with Astras, and we have a reliable way of getting back to Rain through Grandma. Instead of being just as hasty this time and trying to shoot the first thing we see that's scary, why don't we calm down and take a more reserved approach? It worked last time.
Sorry, I am a purist, I rely only on the informations provided by the LP, even if you are right it’s illogical to trust him.
Eh, even if we were to use the info provided by the LP, there is plenty of reasons to go with B over C.

I ended up doing what I didn't want to do, but TL;DR: People are jumping the shark on this dude. Ignore the stuff I said about thinking IK where Treave is drawing inspiration from for this setting, as it's wholly irrelevant to Bull and what we should do in this situation.

Baltika9

Arcane
I think the sense of wrongness we're feeling is a byproduct of the mist. This aura of his is similar to what we felt when Rasputin was around. No mention of aura/mist has been said regarding Tlalli, but perhaps that's because she keeps it hidden and has no need to invoke it just yet. Finally, this is also an important point.
Alright, but why is the mist that makes us inaudible to the outside world there in the first place? Unless Mr. Bull has the Mists of Avalon as a passive aura, that's a giant red flag right there.

Also, there's another big tell that he's lying to us: if he just arrived to speak to Tlalli, then why is he in such a rush to depart right after he arrived? Methinks it's because he saw Tlalli handling the situation on her own and knew that his jig was up. The best thing we can do is conk him and have Sophie blow the rape whistle.

Man, I'm just not seeing the whole 'colleagues' angle. I think he's here to kill her. If we disagree on this point, then I'll respect that. You'll have bragging rights if you're proven right, but I'm just not on the same page as you right now.

This indicates that there is something deeper going on that we're not privy too. I'm not saying this guy has our best interests in mind, obviously he doesn't, but him killing and kidnapping us? Just seems very lame and boring. I think he's fascinated by us being marked and he's curious to see what will happen.
This we agree on one hundred percent, but I don't think I want another visit from him. We can seek out other specialists in the Tower, no need to rely on this creepazoid.

This concludes the completely serious part of my post.
Eh, IDK about that. You were the one who made the obvious connection with the strange Russian monk being Rasputin.
That isn't indicative of anything. Treave described it as a sense of "wrongness" and he says we felt the same sense of wrongness when Rasputin entered the room. \ou wanted to buddy up with him despite that feeling we got. In the end, Rasputin was nice enough as he didn't reveal our location to the rest of the soldiers.
A large part of the reason why I was pushing so hard for that option to win is because I knew it wouldn't and thus felt no need to restrain my curiosity. Plus, it will give me bragging right s when (+M) I'm proven right.
What if this sense of wrongness is just our ability to tell when we're around someone who is significantly more powerful than us, and has the possibility of being a threat?
I doubt that. We didn't get that feeling around the tentacle monster in the prologue, and that thing was hella dangerous.
On a related note, we had no real feeling of wrongness when it came to Alexei, but he ended up being a creepy pedo sadist.
Alexei Did Nothing Wrong.
+M

Kz3r0

Arcane
Treave described it as a sense of "wrongness" and he says we felt the same sense of wrongness when Rasputin entered the room.
This is the only feeble hint we have that we can trust him, maybe the sense of wrongness it’s due to our mark, the power of the astrabeast we stabbed, if it reacts negatively to certain people probably they are ‘good’ guys, or it’s just some kind of astra reaction.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Alright, but why is the mist that makes us inaudible to the outside world there in the first place? Unless Mr. Bull has the Mists of Avalon as a passive aura, that's a giant red flag right there.
We don't know if the mist is what's making us inaudible, could be something else. Regardless, even if the aura is the reason we're unable to get in touch with Tlalli, doesn't mean anything. Like I said, just because he's not a direct threat, doesn't mean he's not trying to fuck with us. God knows what will happen if we accept his offer, will probably end poorly. Tlalli, I'm sure, knows what her friend is like and would likely intervene right away to prevent him from playing games with us and engaging in some dangerous shenanigans.

I'm not sitting here pretending like this guy is super cool and we should trust him, far from that. We should analyze everything he says and take it with a grain of salt, and we should also be very cautious when dealing with him. Launching a rock at his skull for just talking to us in a friendly (and albeit creepy) way is not being cautious.
Also, there's another big tell that he's lying to us: if he just arrived to speak to Tlalli, then why is he in such a rush to depart right after he arrived? Methinks it's because he saw Tlalli handling the situation on her own and knew that his jig was up. The best thing we can do is conk him and have Sophie blow the rape whistle.
I took his words to mean that we should answer and answer quickly. He's probably ALWAYS in a rush.
Man, I'm just not seeing the whole 'colleagues' angle. I think he's here to kill her. If we disagree on this point, then I'll respect that. You'll have bragging rights if you're proven right, but I'm just not on the same page as you right now.
That's fair enough. As I said previously, it's 50-50, and he could be someone here to kill Tlalli. If he's here to kill her, I think it's far more likely that we're already fucked and whether or not we say no politely or choose to shoot him will be irrelevant. On the other hand, if I'm right, shooting him could make things much worse than they need to be. Regardless, you'll obviously vote for what you want and that's fine. I just want people to stop pretending like this is so cut and dry.
This we agree on one hundred percent, but I don't think I want another visit from him. We can seek out other specialists in the Tower, no need to rely on this creepazoid.
Agreed, which is why I think we both don't want to go with him.
I doubt that. We didn't get that feeling around the tentacle monster in the prologue, and that thing was hella dangerous.
Well like I said, I think the aura/mist is the reason we're getting this feeling. We got the same feeling when Rasputin was fucking around with the globe and doing some magic. Tlalli has solely relied on her weapons and snake astra so far, hence no feeling. The monster was something entirely different.

Tigranes

Arcane
Treave described it as a sense of "wrongness" and he says we felt the same sense of wrongness when Rasputin entered the room.
This is the only feeble hint we have that we can trust him, maybe the sense of wrongness it’s due to our mark, the power of the astrabeast we stabbed, if it reacts negatively to certain people probably they are ‘good’ guys, or it’s just some kind of astra reaction.

You think the conclusion to the Rasputin episode is "we can trust him, he is a good fellow"?

This guy is either a pedo kidnapper, or he is a powerful being who is largely indifferent but curious. So it might be an argument for B over C, but it is not an argument that they are 'good guys' or that they have our interests at heart at all

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron

You think the conclusion to the Rasputin episode is "we can trust him, he is a good fellow"?

This guy is either a pedo kidnapper, or he is a powerful being who is largely indifferent but curious. So it might be an argument for B over C, but it is not an argument that they are 'good guys' or that they have our interests at heart at all
You're right when you say he is a powerful being who is indifferent but curious, that seems to be the right answer. I'd say Bull is in the same boat, but of course, different beings might manifest their curiosity in ways that are more murderous/dangerous/playful than others. That's my main argument for B. As long as keep these people curious, we won't have to worry about them until later.

Baltika9

Arcane
We don't know if the mist is what's making us inaudible, could be something else. Regardless, even if the aura is the reason we're unable to get in touch with Tlalli, doesn't mean anything.
It's a minor detail, but I disagree:
“Help! Help!” shouts Sophie instantly. But no help comes. It is as if her voice has been swallowed up by the mist.
Regardless, you'll obviously vote for what you want and that's fine. I just want people to stop pretending like this is so cut and dry.
:salute:
Father Grigori is GOOD BOI. ItsChon agrees with me, so I'm not insane.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
What Kz3ro's flop, I believe the vote is now.

===Poll===

A - 1
B - 8 (10)
C - 9
D - 2 (0)

Kipeci - A

Absinthe - B
CappenVarra - B
Azira - B>D
Grimgravy - B
baud - B>D>C
oscar - B
asxetos - B
ItsChon - B

Baltika9 - C
Nevill - C
ERYFKRAD - C
Lambchop - C>D>B
Esquilax - C>B
Tigranes - C>B
Zerafall - C
hello friend - C>D
Kz3r0 - C>B

Egosphere - D>B
Life of the Party - D>B

Last edited:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Incidentally, does anyone recall how well the last time it went in this CYOA for a young ten year old to suddenly attack an experienced Astra user with a cool weapon?
Yeah, it was at the beginning of this let's play when we successfully drove off a much more fearsome beast that was openly attacking us.

I believe the other options were run like a bitch or pray while trying really hard to ignore the sound of baby bones being crushed in its jaws.

So which option are you going for this time around?

Kipeci - A
Oh, I see. :roll:

Kipeci

Arcane
Incidentally, does anyone recall how well the last time it went in this CYOA for a young ten year old to suddenly attack an experienced Astra user with a cool weapon?
Yeah, it was at the beginning of this let's play when we successfully drove off a much more fearsome beast that was openly attacking us.

I believe the other options were run like a bitch or pray while trying really hard to ignore the sound of baby bones being crushed in its jaws.

So which option are you going for this time around?

Kipeci - A
Oh, I see. :roll:

Close, yet not quite.

“Excellent. Now, I shall allow you to make the first move-“

Andrew is moving as soon as the words leave Alexei’s mouth, dashing towards him with an amazing speed that belies his age. “To me, Sword of Alacrity!” His sword swings through the air, aiming for Alexei’s chest.

“Bind.” Alexei flicks his wrist lazily. In an instant, a torrent of black iron chains erupt from the ground, wrapping around Andrew and bringing him crashing down. Andrew screams in agony as the heavy chains tighten around him. The duel is over, almost as soon as it just began. “I say, a rib or two should serve as a worthwhile lesson,” laughs Alexei as he looks down on the fallen Andrew. There is a cracking noise, and the boy screams even louder. “Oh dear, I broke your arm too. That was unintended, and you have my deepest apologies.” Alexei puts his shiny black boot on his defeated foe’s head. “Worry not. I will be gentle. Bring him back to the airship. Mr. Howell, you and your son will need to come with us too.”

I’m content with my vote for this jolly old fellow to bring us back by bedtime, perhaps we can grab a pet sphere while we’re traveling through the rift in towerspace! I have no intention to turn down such a kindly offer via polite statement nor rock to the face.

That said, I do think it’s worth noting that while it is bold, manful and perhaps even heroic action to stand up to this perfidious Albion, it is also the case that someone in quite similar shoes who leapt in for JUSTICE!!! is now finding his broken body being raped to sleep for having pissed off someone out of his weight class.

Baltika9

Arcane
That said, I do think it’s worth noting that while it is bold, manful and perhaps even heroic action to stand up to this perfidious Albion, it is also the case that someone in quite similar shoes who leapt in for JUSTICE!!! is now finding his broken body being raped to sleep for having pissed off someone out of his weight class.
Yes, but you're neglecting one key detail, my dear partridge: Andrew, that proud child of aristocratic privilege, attacked his opponent with an astra weapon. Our simple slingshot is another matter entirely, for God favors the meek and aids them in all their endeavors. Because we act without Andrew's hubris, he will surely bless our simple pebble and we will become like the Biblical David, striking Goliath with a fell shot.

That we do so in opposition to the personification of treachery, piracy and heresy that is England and her misguided subjects, only reinforces the righteousness of our cause!

Last edited:

Esquilax

Arcane

The Eternal Anglo must be fought tooth and nail wherever he lurks, whatever the circumstances. Even in the face of Armageddon, never compromise.

But seriously - I think that a key distinction here is that unlike Andrew, we have someone nearby who can help. Andrew charged after Alexei stupidly bravely by his lonesome, then got crushed. That's not the case in this situation. Tlalli's around, she just can't hear/see us at the moment.

Anyways, I think we've all said our piece here. Vote will probably close shortly.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Closing votes in around 5 hours.

Also no, you would not have had a gun accident had you chosen the revolver.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom