Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Dreed

Bremsstrahlunged
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Cleve, you ready to roll?

I heard there's a new bug out there called Coronavirus, why don't you go away for the umpteenth time and chase that?
coofcoof.png

Incendax

Augur
Never finished my last playthrough. Taking a second shot at it.
Single Class challenge.
Is there any class that is absolutely 100% necessary? As far as content or puzzle solving is concerned.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Anyway, I just started again on higher difficulty, and the number of mobs on most of encounters is noticably higher.

Aw shit. So I guess you need to restart if you're after a different difficulty.

Now do I want to restart 20 hours in....

Goddamn, this game already made me work harder than Wizards&Warriors back in the day.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
It seems there are a few new bugs in the game now, the screen resolution and the difficulty were all fine back when I played it. I logged in again today to check it and it's unplayable for me.

Last edited:

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Is there any class that is absolutely 100% necessary? As far as content or puzzle solving is concerned.

If you want to actually complete the game, stronk classes that kill stuff dead fast are 100% needed.

If you want to do all puzzles 'n stuff, you need certain skills (Ancient History) etc.

Completing the game without a sage will be a challenge.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron

If you want to actually complete the game, stronk classes that kill stuff dead fast are 100% needed.

If you want to do all puzzles 'n stuff, you need certain skills (Ancient History) etc.

Completing the game without a sage will be a challenge.

I think you can finish the game with any class. Without a Sage, there are maybe a couple optional puzzles that you cannot solve. A bigger question is how you will open chest locks - in theory, you can just take the damage without disarming them.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
in theory, you can just take the damage without disarming them.

That's another thing - I'm taking PALTRY punishment for failing chests. Usually just 10-20HP damage to a single dude. In Wiz7 chest traps usually annihilate your entire party. I wonder if it's tied to difficulty too.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
It seems there are a few new bugs in the game now, the screen resolution and the difficulty where all fine back when I played it. I logged in again today to check it and it's unplayable for me.

I don't know what you think is unplayable. Just checked it and it is fine.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
It seems there are a few new bugs in the game now, the screen resolution and the difficulty where all fine back when I played it. I logged in again today to check it and it's unplayable for me.

I mean in the resolution area, it was fine before and it got changed. I spent a minute trying to fix it but the text was unreadable in full screen mode, I guess in window mode it will be better? in any case I didn't bother too much because I did not intend to play it, just wanted to test the difficulty issue.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

I mean in the resolution area, it was fine before and it got changed. I spent a minute trying to fix it but the text was unreadable in full screen mode, I guess in window mode it will be better? in any case I didn't bother too much because I did not intend to play it, just wanted to test the difficulty issue.

Just out of curiosity, what's your monitor? Resoluion, inches?

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
in theory, you can just take the damage without disarming them.

That's another thing - I'm taking PALTRY punishment for failing chests. Usually just 10-20HP damage to a single dude. In Wiz7 chest traps usually annihilate your entire party. I wonder if it's tied to difficulty too.

Don't worry, end game chest will wipe the party too.

Incendax

Augur
I think you can finish the game with any class. Without a Sage, there are maybe a couple optional puzzles that you cannot solve. A bigger question is how you will open chest locks - in theory, you can just take the damage without disarming them.
Metalsmith gets Ancient History and Improved ID eventually, right?

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Metalsmith gets Ancient History and Improved ID eventually, right?

Nope. http://grimoire.wiki/index.php/Skills

The best for a single class party is probably the Assassin - great as it is and gets Lockpicking and Inspection for traps and chests.

Incendax

Augur
The best for a single class party is probably the Assassin - great as it is and gets Lockpicking and Inspection for traps and chests.
Decided on Bard. Gets Lockpicking and Investigation, decent cure spells eventually, and can wear some armor for the front line.
I didn't realize multiple Music people could USE the same item. I just got the Thistle Whistle and the Pain Train is real. TOOT TOOT!

index.php

Arcane
Huh, I somehow completely missed this post:
Grimoire Update
Fixes to Display and many minor glitches attended to

Gitcha red-hot Grimoire updates now fresh and smoking off the depot!

This has been scored up to version 3.0.0.0 just to start with a clean slate to prepare for many updates coming before the end of the year.

Grimoire plays better than ever and the Necromancer class has established suitable advantages to make up for them starting so weak and difficult to keep alive initially.

f0773fac4c6099692557c13c9ee96320c34bf0e7.png

Last edited:

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Grimoire Update

This has been scored up to version 3.0.0.0 just to start with a clean slate to prepare for many updates coming before the end of the year.

Grimoire plays better than ever and the Necromancer class has established suitable advantages to make up for them starting so weak and difficult to keep alive initially.

Changelog or notes would be nice.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Grimoire Update

I know this "fix" ruins fullscreen, it was fine for me before now it's all messed up.

ManaJunkie

Arbiter
I know this "fix" ruins fullscreen, it was fine for me before now it's all messed up.
Ruined fullscreen how?

Instead of actual fullscreen like before it Is now a black screen with a kind of small window not centered on the middle and the option "fit to scale" does absolutely nothing

Same here. but its centered. Scale to fit works (sometimes?) but i get a low res fullscreen.
Worked fine before the "fix"

Last edited:

GandGolf

Augur
Ruined fullscreen how?

Instead of actual fullscreen like before it Is now a black screen with a kind of small window not centered on the middle and the option "fit to scale" does absolutely nothing

Same here. but its centered. Scale to fit works (sometimes?) but i get a low res fullscreen.
Worked fine before the "fix"

That's classic Cleve, rather than fixing existing bugs he introduces some new ones. No wonder he stopped including change logs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom