Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline TINFOIL HELMET DELIVERANCE

agris

Arcane
Patron
If the people who believed this nonsense had any idea the amount of EM that is bathing the surface of the earth, and has been since this rock cooled and developed magnetosphere + atmosphere, I think their heads would explode.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
If the people who believed this nonsense had any idea the amount of EM that is bathing the surface of the earth, and has been since this rock cooled and developed magnetosphere + atmosphere, I think their heads would explode.

Yer loopy. The biggest expert in radiation emission from these towers in Australia was the same guy who commandeered a military vehicle to use to drive into the bases and was trying to destroy them.

Australian media shills were so embarrassed of this story getting out it is barely known inside Australian borders.

Only The Helm can save us now.

https://citizensfor5gawareness.org/2019/12/30/telecom-worker-destroy-cell-towers/

agris

Arcane
Patron
that story is from 2010, way before 5g. link

from EMR Australia – Tuesday, March 02, 2010

if you're interested in the science of how EM fields work, not an anecdote, take a look at this: https://www.intechopen.com/books/el...sfer-from-electromagnetic-fields-to-materials

It looks reasonably rigorous. You'll want to pay attention to attenuation and losses across boundary layers (i.e. air to skin), and keep in mind anything short of vacuum is a medium, including air. Also keep in mind dry air behaves a lot differently than humid air, because water is a dipole and it modifies the dielectric constant of air. Thus for a given frequency propagating from a tower, to you, significant differences in humidity in the air (say a wave passing through a cloud then a free-path then a cloud) will in effect have experienced these boundary layer adsorptive losses multiple times before it gets to you / your clothing.

"5g" is such an easily attenuated signal that walls in houses can render it effectively worthless, thus the need for all the repeaters in dense urban settings and interior router-like repeats. I wouldn't be surprised if some of this cell tower hocus pocus is actually concern over the microwave backhauls used to handle the data IO at the towers.

edit: for clarity

edit 2: also, the true scam with 5g is all the public investment it's going to get just to keep telco's from having to dig wires. it's to make delivery of wireless home internet easier, that's it. all the TED talks in the world don't mean anything when the automation / controls / networking supposed advances enabled by 5g are perfectly suitable for 4g, and even 3g (depending on the bandwidth needs). Add into that how easy it is for 5g to be attenuated, it makes the prospect of using such signal for target device that is dynamic and moving, when there is the well-propagating wideband 4g, it shows that 5g is just a boondoggle. it's to suck money from public coffers, while making it easier for telco's to offer fast home internet. no wires = less labor to install, less labor means they can reduce their workforce. that is the goal of 5g, workforce reduction and thus increased profits for telcos. bonus for them, they've conned the government into supporting this labor reduction with public resources.

Last edited:

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
Btw the flyer is legit, i got it from Frank Tufano, whose YT channel i follow because of his interesting and apparently knowledgeable videos on the raw (carnivore) diet and his crusade against processed foods and vegans/fruitarians.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
I fooled around with the rabbit a while but it was not quite right. I changed the sidekick into a cartoon cat called "The Grimalkin." I didn't want the Donnie Darko association and wanted it to be something in a different direction.

The Helm's first encounter with "The Grimalkin," his delusional animal friend (a giant talking cat). At the start of the game the Cat is just his wise cracking sidekick who is incapable of affecting reality but later in the game the cat acquires formidable powers. I've got the cat following the Helm in the game and doing some Search'n'Find for him at present but later he may get full fighting capacity and be able to assist with other obstacles like locked doors.

Before the game ends we discover the reason the Helm was chosen was because he is schizophrenic and has an alternate identity that can exert agency but exists nowhere else. I have had a similar idea for a game concept for years and managed to integrate it quite nicely into the storyline.

The cat will probably get a custom shader at some point to make him appear a little more surreal but I'm still experimenting to get it right.

P.S. Notice the head tracking with the cat looking up at The Helm. It is amazing how little touches like this really bring characters to life in games. Did a test with audio lip sync and the cat was pretty funny when talking.

tfhd-ss11.png

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
that story is from 2010, way before 5g. link

from EMR Australia – Tuesday, March 02, 2010

if you're interested in the science of how EM fields work, not an anecdote, take a look at this: https://www.intechopen.com/books/el...sfer-from-electromagnetic-fields-to-materials

It looks reasonably rigorous. You'll want to pay attention to attenuation and losses across boundary layers (i.e. air to skin), and keep in mind anything short of vacuum is a medium, including air. Also keep in mind dry air behaves a lot differently than humid air, because water is a dipole and it modifies the dielectric constant of air. Thus for a given frequency propagating from a tower, to you, significant differences in humidity in the air (say a wave passing through a cloud then a free-path then a cloud) will in effect have experienced these boundary layer adsorptive losses multiple times before it gets to you / your clothing.

"5g" is such an easily attenuated signal that walls in houses can render it effectively worthless, thus the need for all the repeaters in dense urban settings and interior router-like repeats. I wouldn't be surprised if some of this cell tower hocus pocus is actually concern over the microwave backhauls used to handle the data IO at the towers.

edit: for clarity

edit 2: also, the true scam with 5g is all the public investment it's going to get just to keep telco's from having to dig wires. it's to make delivery of wireless home internet easier, that's it. all the TED talks in the world don't mean anything when the automation / controls / networking supposed advances enabled by 5g are perfectly suitable for 4g, and even 3g (depending on the bandwidth needs). Add into that how easy it is for 5g to be attenuated, it makes the prospect of using such signal for target device that is dynamic and moving, when there is the well-propagating wideband 4g, it shows that 5g is just a boondoggle. it's to suck money from public coffers, while making it easier for telco's to offer fast home internet. no wires = less labor to install, less labor means they can reduce their workforce. that is the goal of 5g, workforce reduction and thus increased profits for telcos. bonus for them, they've conned the government into supporting this labor reduction with public resources.

5G literally ionizes (rips apart) your cellular and molecular structures. But we're still going for it because it's "faster".

Sandor

Novice

Yer loopy. The biggest expert in radiation emission from these towers in Australia was the same guy who commandeered a military vehicle to use to drive into the bases and was trying to destroy them.

Australian media shills were so embarrassed of this story getting out it is barely known inside Australian borders.

Only The Helm can save us now.

https://citizensfor5gawareness.org/2019/12/30/telecom-worker-destroy-cell-towers/
Right on man, one has to at least question the talking heads. Good to see at least some game developers open to questioning and critical independent thought, as so many just accept any media or corporate funded proclamations ever spewed forth without a second thought of motivation, bias, or discernment...you start with -follow the money. If it wasn't for persistent questioning of research, pesticides, tobacco (I know haha, not everyone reacts the same to it of course) might have taken more decades to realize their true effects over time. Any new radiative tech needs decades to study long term effects, there is no honest scientific reason not to, unless driven by mega profits.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Yes. And only the secret Deep State Overlords will have access to ANTI 5G DEATH BEAM technology. It all makes perfect sense.

Bloodeyes

Arcane
I think 5g conspiracy theories are being signal boosted to delegitimize criticism of the Covid 19 response. People who think the whole thing is a bullshit power grab based on the flimsiest of excuses, and that Covid 19 is really not that serious of a virus at all, get conflated with nutters who think this virus isn't real and the symptoms are caused by cell phone towers.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik

There is a big difference between EM there and powerful 5G shit right under your nose, as I remember radiation weak as squared distance or something.
I have some kind of tower 50 meters from my home, and also 50 meters from it there is a school, and sports ground for schoolboys is right NEXT to that tower, it's new, like year old. So the fence of that sports ground is like one meter away from tower.
And they changed sanitary standards for radio emission from USSR times, allowing it like hundreds times more than it was in USSR standarts, so i's perfectly "normal" and "legit". It's not funy at all.

we're still going for it because it's "faster".

No, it's just a pretext. I go for it because they have armed force behind them, otherwise those towers won't stand for long.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom