Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress [LP CYOA] Tower

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I think Baltika's method is indeed the best. It's up to people who vote to make sure that they input clear votes so their preferences can be taken into account. Either way, there's only 17 votes and we've been having at least 20 vote on all the other decisions, so some people are still missing. ERYFKRAD is one I noticed right off the bat (even though he usually votes against what I want), so I'm sure there are still a few more.

Baltika9

Arcane
ERYFKRAD is one I noticed right off the bat (even though he usually votes against what I want), so I'm sure there are still a few more.
And his C4 vote is the one I missed.

Nevermind the three-way, we're tired 7-7 between A2 and C4. Start up the DISCUSS engines!

Ahem, I named ItsChon twice for some reason, replacing ERYFKRAD's C4 vote with ItsChon's. This is what happens when I do tallies before I have my coffee.

===

Unless ya'll loners want to teach Rain the intricacies of feminine care and hygiene, we really should take this chance to build a closer relationship with Sophie. She can only complement our parenting efforts. Plus, our big sister might need moral support in a calming environment.

And I expect Tlalli has some cool literature in her safe house. Let's check it out while we can, these kinds of opportunities don't come up every update. We can go range the woods when we get back to Scotsfield.

Last edited:

Absinthe

Arcane
Okay, here's my take on the options:
  • A2 - Sophie needs someone beside her after the scary shit she's been through now, and this is also the personal library of one of the greatest hunters in the tower. We're going to be hard-pressed for opportunities to read these kinds of books. We know there's some good stuff in there, and we also need more intel on the weird shit in the tower.
  • C1 - This is a terrible idea. This is the option that leaves Sophie alone when she just might have a breakdown after what she's been through. Neither the MC nor Elizabeth will be there for her if we do this.
  • C4 - Treave already confirmed that we don't know any medicine to heal Tlalli, so basically this is nothing but a "practice your herbalism skill" vote. Thing is, we can do that anywhere.
That's why I recommend going A2, and whatever you do please do not vote C1. I could see C2 though, since Sophie's glasses could help with finding herbs. That said, I think most of the C votes are trying to help Tlalli out, but treave already confirmed we don't have the skill to do that. See below:

treave Let's ask the girls if they have any experience with medicine.

None.

And what medicine do we know that could help Tlalli?

None, as far as you know. You're not a doctor.

And are there any books here on herbs?

Why don't you... search the books to find out? :M

Last edited:

Kipeci

Arcane
C1 > C4

Not interested in just mashing the book button forever on an outdoorsy guy. This is not just an anywhere to train herbalism, we’re on an entirely different floor and chances are good that a monster hunter is not just plunked down in any random wilderness but it an area that provides some benefit. There is a cost to our other skills for just mashing the book button again and again and even if we don’t know useful medicine now more herbalism can help us get there sooner.

Baltika9

Arcane
Damn, if I flop to C1, it's tied again...
The Flip giveth, and the Flop taketh away.

Edit: I gave it another count. We're at 8-6 after flops to greatest numbers for A2-C4, respectively. It can also go to 7-5 for A2-C1.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
A2-8 C4-7 with Kipeci conditional.
You somehow counted Absinthe's vote towards C4, but he can't vote for the 2nd preference if he is already counted towards A2.
Besides him there are only Kalarion. ERYFKRAD, Egosphere, Grimgravy, Tigranes, and Kipeci - 6 people.

Kz3r0

Arcane

Orbit

Scholar
Treave, well, I was wondering if we could skim titles to see if there are relevant books, rather than go through the effort of pouring through contents if we just want to know what kind of books there are. We'd still have to commit if we want to read the books in question anyway.
Here is the book list:

C. : "Book of penetration. Or how i fingered ten nagas to death simultaneously."
S. : "Octopussy."
M.T. Pig : "Best love confessions. A compilation."
E. : "Diplomacy for dummies."
L. Chop : "Told you so. The ultimate strategy guide compilation for CYOAs."
H. Rider and G. Wulf : "The ungulate conspiracy."

Also, I vote for C2. With our charisma we're probably not going to get another chance at being alone in the woods with an emotionally troubled girl. Unless we manage to get fire granny and her kitty killed.

Kz3r0

Arcane
After Lambchop vote it’s even more settled, even by counting conditionals that have been nullified.
A2 6(3)
C1 5(1)
C4 4(3)

Kz3r0

Arcane
Also, I vote for C2. With our charisma we're probably not going to get another chance at being alone in the woods with an emotionally troubled girl.
Elizabeth would be a better option, she finds us ‘attractive’, more than Sophie at least.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Elizabeth would be a better option, she finds us ‘attractive’, more than Sophie at least.
Bitches don't know what they want. Once they get a taste, they won't be able to get enough. Hope she like's it smokey.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom