Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blood problems.

DefJam101

Arcane
I can't seem to run Blood. I removed it from abandonia's inventory and installed it fine. But I have a few problems.

1) I can't change the video mode or resolution, only the default seems to work (very low res). Otherwise it will not start.

2) The game stutters, chokes, whatever you want to call it. It will be running at 200 FPS, and then suddenly drop to <2, usually when looking in a certain direction.

Turning off one CPU core didn't help, DOSBox didn't help, and I can run Duke 3D perfectly.

Any idea what's up?

Monocause

Arcane
You could try running it with Virtual PC, you'd have to remove a copy of win 95 or 98 from the inventory though.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Virtual PC or DOSBox - go go go (with the second one you won't have to wait for Windows to not be removed from a torrent tracker inventory)

LCJr.

Erudite
Hey I like grasping at straws too.

Did you try Silvermans patch mentioned in the Abandonia game description?

Doesn't Blood support Glide? Scroll down this page and try the Glide emulators. dgVoodoo usually works better with Nvidia and OpenGlide with ATi.

Lord Rocket

Erudite
I never had any problems running Blood via DOSBox. Did you try fucking with the settings? I generally just put CPU Cycles to 'max' in the .cfg, most stuff seems to run pretty happily that way.
Also, did you try it with the CLI2NOP patch (Google, should be on Vogons somewhere) and VDMSound yet? I'm pretty sure I got it running that way a few years ago too.

non

Infra Arcana
Developer
This is how you do it:
http://buildxp.deathmask.net/

Edit: There is also an excellent torrent of One unit whole Blood that comes already setup with everything you need, no installation or anything required. The folder contains .bat files for the expansions and the original.

denizsi

Arcane
Can not possibly be true. Last I heard, MS still charged for MS-Dos 6.22! I hope you're right, though.

MisterStone

Arcane
I think that when you buy certain editions of windows you own a license to use 98/95... maybe that's what he was thinking of?

denizsi

Arcane
Gotta love the simplicity of the solution.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom