Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Mortal Kombat 11

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Here's the only time Sheeva makes sense and kicks ass -

She's relentless.

Story preview:

edit: Oh... and final trailer just arrived:

What's with that hip-hop? They are using rap song for third or fourth time.

Last edited:

Melcar

Arcane
Didn't they learn from the other trailer? They also used some horrible hiphop thing and got shit for it.

The story seems as retarded as the first time around.

I've read detailed spoiler and it's sooo good:

- seems to be pretty long
- after little time travel it starts as alternate take on what happened after Kitana killed Shao Kahn
- 2 endings + both end with cliffhanger that annouces return of.... nah, secret
- Aftermatch reveals the true role of Shang Tsung who gets completely retconned

Generic-Giant-Spider

If the story spoilers are true then this has to be the worst story-telling I've ever seen and doesn't even resemble MK anymore.

It's also a great character assassination for Shang Tsung.

KVVRR

Learned
The fact that they are continuing the story at all is very weird. I thought the ending meant it was supposed to be a reboot of sorts for a far away game? Maybe allowing Netherrealm to focus on new projects for a while?
It's not like following the aftermath of this story is worth it at all.

The fact that they are continuing the story at all is very weird. I thought the ending meant it was supposed to be a reboot of sorts for a far away game? Maybe allowing Netherrealm to focus on new projects for a while?

Vanilla MK11 ending looked like definitive end of MK history so they decided to mess further with time traveling, now they are basically rebooting second half of MK11 events and if spoilers are true, Aftermatch 2 will be the reboot of reboot of reboot, with Havik pulling the strings.

KVVRR

Learned

Vanilla MK11 ending looked like definitive end of MK history so they decided to mess further with time traveling, now they are basically rebooting second half of MK11 events and if spoilers are true, Aftermatch 2 will be the reboot of reboot of reboot, with Havik pulling the strings.
but why

Barbarian

Arcane
I would much prefer they focus on gameplay improvement, larger roster and aesthetics(classic scenarios, classic skins, etc). More story is such a fuckup.

Their lead writers seem to be Beavis and Butthead types. At least in their interpretations of the 90's feel I guess.

Barbarian

Arcane
Also the whole time travel BS is a perfect excuse to have a mishmash of classic characters in the roster. A pity they are making so many bad choices.

Even with the guest characters. Bringing in Cyrax and company would have been much better than Robocop. Easier too. They are aready in the game damn it.

Silverfish

Arbiter
In MK's case it happened by accident, funny enough. The old MK games did it right, creating just enough of a story to lend context to the fighting (tournament, evil tournament, invasion, divine invasion), but because the series continued on long after its fad period, settings, characters and mcguffins piled up and by Deadly Alliance, the devs realized they actually had a pretty robust world on their hands.

Just bumping thread with quality music.

edit: I'm watching story mode right now and Shang is absolutely nuts!
edit: first mention about Havik just right in the first chapter.

edit: Ok, Aftermatch story destroys vannilla. And all thos references to Mythologies, Deception and even MK vs DC...

Final battle is another Dragon Ball rip-off. Both of these characters a presentend just like Goku and Vegeta.

Goku/Kang beats invinicible big guy Nappa/Goro and then is boss, Vegeta/Tsung. In Aftermatch, they've already reached Super Saiyan Bule levels.

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
I watched the story too, it was much better than I anticipated.
The time travel and dragon ball z ending drags it all down, but you had like 4 factions all at each others throat (Raiden and Fujin vs. Sindel and Shao Khan vs. Kronika and her minions vs. Shang Tsung).

This actually had potential had the underlying narrative not been as shit.

but you had like 4 factions all at each others throat (Raiden and Fujin vs. Sindel and Shao Khan vs. Kronika and her minions vs. Shang Tsung).

Yeah, modern timeline was divided only on good or evil side, now it got few shades of grey.

BTW The way Shang Tsung finished Centrion and almost entire fight of Shang/Fujin/Nightwolf against Geras is one big homage for Deception intro and Shang/Quan Chi/Raiden battle against Onaga.

Lacrymas

Arcane
A lot of people care about MK's characters because they are iconic. Outside of that, this DLC only offers 3 characters besides the story, sooooo it's a story-focused DLC. It's not worth the money, but there you go. Adding Robocop and Sheeva instead of more worthy staples like Mileena, Smoke, Ermac, Rain, Kenshi, the cyborgs, or Reptile is laughable. I'm just now realizing how bland the cast in 11 is. They don't have the excuse of "they are dead" because of the time traveling bullshit. They butchered Sindel and robbed her of any depth in this DLC too.

Of the new kharacters, I only like D'Vorah. They turned her into a lovecraftian/The Thing-ish creature with no true form who fights very viciously and I'd say scary. How she pumps her victims with poison is the stuff of nightmares.

Last edited:

Generic-Giant-Spider

HUGE story spoilers concerning Noob-Saibot.

He has one line and is still a jobber.

Shang Tsung carried this DLC HARD.

Edit -

Datamining has determined the following:

Sektor and Cyrax are playable. Sektor has voice interaction lines as well as a space on the fighter select screen and a character ending. Cyrax has no such thing, but...

There's a KP3 reservation so the belief right now is KP2 = Sektor and KP3 = Cyrax.

Test your might/sight minigames.

Ash Williams files are completely removed. Is the era of force fucking guests over? Probably not.

I am hoping that they also toss Ermac/Reptile into both DLC packs to help beef this roster up. If Sektor/Cyrax are true then that helps monumentally with this bland as fuck roster.

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom