Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline [IMG]

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
I am really getting tired of seeing this all the time instead of the actual whatever shit someone posted that didn't load for some reason, it's literally worse than Corona.

Whatever the cause of this is, it needs to end. How can we stop it from happening?

Grimlorn

Arcane
I think some sites where the images embed from don't allow you to embed them or link them, or perhaps they're closed off to certain countries. That's why they don't show up no matter what you do. 4chan had this issue for a little time awhile back I think. Images linked from there wouldn't show up unless you had visited the site or page where the image was, then when refreshing here they'd show up. It's weird and a bit annoying. Sometimes I just see empty posts with ratings, but no image pops up and there is no link or noting when quoting the post as well.

Gerrard

Arcane
I am really getting tired of seeing this all the time instead of the actual whatever shit someone posted that didn't load for some reason, it's literally worse than Corona.

Whatever the cause of this is, it needs to end. How can we stop it from happening?
The cause is people being newfags to the internet and hotlinking images from sites that don't allow it (i.e. the majority of them).

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Do you use any tracking protection, an adblocker, HTTPS Everywhere, etc.? Those are all things that can cause this. I've learned to just accept it, it's easy to just open images in a new tab anyway.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The cause is people being newfags to the internet and hotlinking images from sites that don't allow it (i.e. the majority of them).

IME the whole "no image leeching" thing became irrelevant once the bandwidth they used up became trivial. A relic from the 00s.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
I remember back in the 90s and early 00s some sites would booby trap hyperlink images. A long time ago, I linked to a photo from somethingawful on some forum. The pic was supposed to be the Mcdonalds arches, but instead it ended up being a black shemale wagging its dick at the camera.

My joke with the Mcdonalds pic would have gotten some laughs, but the shemale schlong pic got even more. Thanks, internet!

Gerrard

Arcane

IME the whole "no image leeching" thing became irrelevant once the bandwidth they used up became trivial. A relic from the 00s.
People are dumb, they use shit like 100 quality JPGs, a 1920x1080 screenshot like that can be over 1,5MB. Now imagine someone hotlinks that image to some forum that gets 10K views per day.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Just go right click > show picture. Works 95% of the time. The rest of the time it links you to a dead imageshack host or whatever.

Self-Ejected

c2007

Self-Ejected
IME, you just have to copypasta the correct link.

This isn't usually the one with the button that says "Tap here to copy image link!"

It is shitty design and somewhat intentional obfuscation.

I'm hardly an expert. I have had to edit posts here many times to get my image to display. GIPHY is a particular pain in the ass to copy from, for me at least.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom