Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Knights of the Chalice 2 Kickstarter live

Aemar

Arcane
A stretch goal for hotkeys.
866983_0.jpg

Credit Cards aren't widespread in Germany. You have to have a foreskin to understand why paying interest to a credit card company for the privilege of being allowed to pay for something with my own money is kinda weird. I have a debit card that allows me to pay electronically anywhere in Germany, and I pay absolutely no interest for it whatsoever. Such unkosher business practices must come as a shock to americans.

The way most credit card contracts are structured now, you don't really pay interest unless you are late in your payments, so it's a free service for responsible people.

The benefits in terms of convenience are massive. You don't have to bother with cash, and it's a lot safer than debit cards. It's the credit card company's money, so if someone steals the card, and you have zero libality clause (pretty common), they will figure it out. If someone gets a hold of your debit card, on the other hand, that's your money, so the bank won't give a shit, and you will have a giant headache fighting all that.

Lilliput McHammersmith

Credit Cards aren't widespread in Germany. You have to have a foreskin to understand why paying interest to a credit card company for the privilege of being allowed to pay for something with my own money is kinda weird. I have a debit card that allows me to pay electronically anywhere in Germany, and I pay absolutely no interest for it whatsoever. Such unkosher business practices must come as a shock to americans.

The way most credit card contracts are structured now, you don't really pay interest unless you are late in your payments, so it's a free service for responsible people.

The benefits in terms of convenience are massive. You don't have to bother with cash, and it's a lot safer than debit cards. It's the credit card company's money, so if someone steals the card, and you have zero libality clause (pretty common), they will figure it out. If someone gets a hold of your debit card, on the other hand, that's your money, so the bank won't give a shit, and you will have a giant headache fighting all that.

Honestly depends on the bank. On two separate occasions, my debit card number was stolen, and both times (at two different institutions) they got me all of my money back.

Gwendo

Augur
I don't know if those very basic graphics will get in the way of enjoying the game, but I backed it up. KotC1's graphics were way better.

Repressed Homosexual

Honestly depends on the bank. On two separate occasions, my debit card number was stolen, and both times (at two different institutions) they got me all of my money back.

Yes but while you wait for the bank to "investigate", which might last a long time, your entire bank account is frozen.

In a country where credit cards are common, only a fool would use debit cards. If your debit card is compromised, the thief might have access to all your money.

Plus you can often get credit card cashback with every purchase. The card I will use to pledge will give me 4% cashback because it is a purchase in a foreign currency.

Although it depends on where you live. The United States has the best credit card reward programs, followed by Canada not far behind. Other countries like the UK, the EU or Australia have capped credit card merchant fees so rewards are usually significantly lesser.

V_K

Arcane
I have a debit card that allows me to pay electronically anywhere in Germany, and I pay absolutely no interest for it whatsoever.
Why only Germany though? Both countries I've lived in had debit cards that allowed you to pay everywhere in the world, and only charged an annual maintenance fee.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik

In Russia they quickly force us to abandon paper money and such - only electron money, bank payments and such.
You have money - but you will lose them if a second if you won't obey, I think that's the point.
Total control.

The benefits in terms of convenience are massive.

You are fool, you look only at benefits that are just convenience, and don't want to see the dark side of the Moon.
A fool and his laugh...

Taurist

Scholar
First Kickstarter I've backed since DivOS 2. I had been checking the bookmark of the kickstarter page for months. KOTC was phenominal.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
A stretch goal for hotkeys.

Are you having a fucking laugh mate?

It's not a stretch goal for hotkeys as you put it... hot keys exist already, just look at screenshots like these:
EYy_foBWkAIBVN_

The goal is spell short cut system ( icons + hotkeys ) which is probably something like a new gui with either a bar where you can place spells and quick cast them or an option to assign a special hotkey to each spell without any bars ( like in baldurs gate )

Aegidius

Educated

Hmm, your German credit cards must work differently than mine. I too don't pay any interest on my purchases, despite using a credit card. I just pay the full balance owed each month which results in No interest accrued. But, I still get the juicy points my card offers on all purchases :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom