Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recommend me Xbox exclusives.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
So, I acquired an Xbox One today. This is my first Xbox console, having previously gotten by with Sony and Nintendo consoles. For this generation, I've had a PS4 for years, but have just about run out of games to play on it. I was looking into getting a Switch, but price gougers made me decide otherwise. What eventually brought me over to consider an Xbox was their Game Pass subscription, which having looked into is actually a pretty good deal. I'd been using Gamefly for years for my PS4 games, and this service is cheaper and I won't have to wait for a game to ship to me. Later I'll switch between the two as needed when future games come out.

Here's what I've currently "saved" on my Game Pass page to start downloading as soon as I'm ready to activate the service:

FzJFka4.jpg

As it turned out, all the exclusives I knew of and wanted to play (these being Sunset Overdrive, Recore, Ori and the Blind Forrest, Quantum Break, and to a lesser extent Alan Wake) were all on Game Pass. So that worked out well. But there may be others I don't know about.

That's where YOU come in.

Since I've had every Sony system so far, any cross platform games on Xbox I've likely already considered and/or played. Also, if a game started out as an Xbox exclusive but later got ported to PS4, I've likely looked into those as well. Best example I can think of is the Ninja Gaiden series, which I've played (the Sigmas).

Also, I know the main first party series for Xbox are Gears of War, Halo, and the Forza series. But I'm not interested in any of those. What I'm mainly interested in are any odd-ball exclusives that have been released throughout the years, likely third-party games that never got ported to anything else. Open to all genres here except I guess racing and sports games. Just anything that might be interesting or fun.

Also on backwards compatibility, it looks like they've made sure a bunch of 360 games work on the Xbox One and even some original Xbox ones as well. So interested in games from all three generations.

Axe Father

Savant
My go-to answer is usually Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders, but since that got added to Steam a few months ago, there goes that. The glorified expansion pack/sequel KUF: Heroes isn't there but I suppose it might eventually be added now that Crusaders has.

Other than that, Otogi 1 & 2 are ~//<<REQUIRED GAMING>>\\~~.

For 360, I liked Culdcept Saga. Culdcept is in some way Magic the Gathering meets MONOPOLY. Sounds absolutely terrible, I know. I like it. Saga on 360 could be considered the definitive version of the game, but its definitely not a concept with wide appeal.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
My go-to answer is usually Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders, but since that got added to Steam a few months ago, there goes that. The glorified expansion pack/sequel KUF: Heroes isn't there but I suppose it might eventually be added now that Crusaders has.
Just because something might be available on PC doesn't necessarily mean I'd want to play it on that as opposed to a console. A quick look at the Steam page for that game says a controller is "recommended," so I'd likely rather play it on Xbox in that case.

EDIT: Although it looks like it's not compatible on Xbox One.

Last edited:

Zlaja

Arcane
Have you already played Divinity 2: Dragon Knight Saga on PC? If not then a quality port of the game was released for 360 and works on Xbone (was never released on ps3). Also, Fable 2 was exlusive for 360 and works on xbone. Not a great sequel but passable. If you like jrpgs then there's Lost Odyssey which works on xbone.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Also, Fable 2 was exlusive for 360 and works on xbone. Not a great sequel but passable. If you like jrpgs then there's Lost Odyssey which works on xbone.
Yeah I saw the Fables on Game Pass. I think I tried playing the first one and gave up after just a little bit. Is there one that's considered to be the best?

How does Lost Odyssey compare to other jrpgs?

Zlaja

Arcane
How does Lost Odyssey compare to other jrpgs?

It's turn-based so that's a plus. Press at a right time to maximize damage. Fairly mature for the genre. Bleak atmosphere. Slow paced. Hero with amnesia from a distant past or something like that.

Also, the remastered version of Perfect Dark for 360 should work on xbone.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Well since you already played Ninja Gaidne Sigma 1, there's no reason to play Blackn but considering Sigma 2 sucks you should play Ninja Gaiden 2.
Other than that you have literally nothing else of worth for the XBox.

You should have gotten a switch instead ffs.

Best Switch games?

It's the usual list of Nintendo exclusives.
I would say what's good about the switch is the big list of ports from various generations, the fact it's also a portable console, and finally Nintendo consoles have a very strong emulation scene.
Still more worth it than the XBox... :M

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Rare Replay is a great compilation game with a lot of interviews and extras, you can emulate all of them though fairly easily, though. Good if you like bells and whistles.

As far as backwards compatibility goes, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, and Operation Darkness I'd look into. And there's a good batch of shmups still exclusive I think. Oh yeah and Phantom Dust totally.

Xbox One exclusives? Honestly, there aren't any worth talking about anymore, for multiplat folk an Xbox One is only good as a backwards compatibility machine. It plays some Xbox games upressed though, so that's a big plus imo.

Last edited:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Apart from the latest mario and zelda i have heard good things about Octopath Traveler and Fire Emblem: Three Houses.

Octopath is on PC now. The Xeno games are still Nintendo exclusive though, I believe. The new one runs at 540p resolution! Woohoo!

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Too Human
softly: don't

Gears of War saga? Just to see that no other cover shooters did it better than the game than invented this crap?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom