Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Worst playable fantasy race?

Which race do you like the least? (not gameplay related)

• Human

• Black Human

• Elf

• Half Elf

• Gnome

• Halfling

• Dwarf

• Half Orc

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Wow, I am surprised Gnomes are winning this one (or losing it?). Jan Jansen is better than any Dwarf, change my mind.
Korgan is better.
Magnus and Loghaire, too, if we branch out from BG2.

I would possibly agree with Loghaire. I hate Korgan.
tenor.gif

Rat King

Educated
We went from race to rats to retardation. A true journey if ever there was one. And like every journey, it was made great by the friends we met along the way.
Not those fucking lobotomized monkeys who hate rats though fuck them.
We'll show them, rat-friend.

Alright! We will turn them into rotting carcasses and send their souls to eternal torture in hell, demon-friend! :D

DemonKing

Arcane
Gnomes are losing because most people are more than happy to play as a hobbit or a dwarf if they want to play a shortie. They're basically unnecessary.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Hobbits unnerve me because of the big hairy feet. The hobbit stand-in from Kingmaker, whatever it was called, made the cute little girl Linzi have massive hairy feet and it's just like WTF.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
ObviouslynobodyherehasreadtheDragonlanceseriessinceitobviouslyhassomeawesomegnomes!
511a6znnsKL._SX391_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Though considered gamebooks, the Catacombs "solo quest" series was similar to the handful of solo adventure modules published by TSR (and a handful of Dungeon Magazine solo adventures), in offering the closest experience possible to D&D while requiring just a single player and no Dungeon Master. In the one Catacombs book in the Dragonlance setting, you play a human baker recruited by the tinker gnomes of Mount Nevermind to save them from draconian invasion.

TSR-8421-Gnomes-100-Dragons-0-Page-081.png

Nito

Educated
Patron
No option for Tiefling? Everyone's favorite "I wanna be a special snowflake and [insert flavour]elves aren't special snowflake enough" race.

Darkforge

Augur
The fact that in the New Pathfinder Game the Hellknight class or whatever is a gnome really pisses me off.
Almost as much as when they allowed Gnomes to become Shadowknights in Everquest.
Fuck Gnomes!

Love how most fantasy just take humans, stretches ears, makes body wider, cuts height in half and labels it as the new races. Then proceeds to distort their heads, recolor each one of them and label them as new all over races again.
"You see, these are not elves, these are drows, they are grey and live in the caves".
"Wood elf, high elf and regular elf are totally different thing, I swear. Cultural difference is what makes them unique. Their origins is independent from other elves, but they are too elves for some reason (really?)".

Like, you can go anywhere you want and you make distorted humans.
GW2 and D:OS2 put an effort into designing their races and I'd prefer for fantasy enthusiasts to follow their example, instead of churning color corrected elf and mutilated dwarfs.

I also wonder why, most of the time, non-human races are locked into certain way of existence, beliefs and personality as well.
Elves are stuck-up dendrophiles. Dwarfs are miners and love gold. Gnomes are scum etc.

Last edited:

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I don't mind female warriors. I do mind 5", 80lbs female warriors. If games are so fucking sophisticated now, they are ought to reflect character stats on their models (Kenshi is one example that does). You want to play a 18str woman, prepare to look like a 'roid-filled, shaved dickless Hulk Hogan. You want to look like a supermodel, kindly stick to activities that do not involve any physical exertion beyond an hour of jogging a day. Choice and consequences, bitch.

While you can't be thin as a stick, you don't need an inordinate, orc or conan like level of muscle to have some level of physical strength.

247 kg deadlift by a female who looks like this :
ndFu1SY.jpg

Fine woman if you ask me.

Syme

Arbiter
Gnome, because that's usually where most of the Steampunk elements come from and I don't like Steampunk in my Fantasy games. It sticks out like a sore thumb unless the rest of the setting is built around it (i.e. Arcanum) IMO.

Last edited:

Darkzone

Arcane
I don't mind female warriors. I do mind 5", 80lbs female warriors. If games are so fucking sophisticated now, they are ought to reflect character stats on their models (Kenshi is one example that does). You want to play a 18str woman, prepare to look like a 'roid-filled, shaved dickless Hulk Hogan. You want to look like a supermodel, kindly stick to activities that do not involve any physical exertion beyond an hour of jogging a day. Choice and consequences, bitch.

While you can't be thin as a stick, you don't need an inordinate, orc or conan like level of muscle to have some level of physical strength.

ndFu1SY.jpg

But you do know that you cannot buy anabolics in the Sword Coast?

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron

ndFu1SY.jpg

But you do know that you cannot buy anabolics in the Sword Coast?

:nocountryforshitposters:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
ObviouslynobodyherehasreadtheDragonlanceseriessinceitobviouslyhassomeawesomegnomes!
511a6znnsKL._SX391_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Though considered gamebooks, the Catacombs "solo quest" series was similar to the handful of solo adventure modules published by TSR (and a handful of Dungeon Magazine solo adventures), in offering the closest experience possible to D&D while requiring just a single player and no Dungeon Master. In the one Catacombs book in the Dragonlance setting, you play a human baker recruited by the tinker gnomes of Mount Nevermind to save them from draconian invasion.

TSR-8421-Gnomes-100-Dragons-0-Page-081.png
I actually own all of those. Thank you UM for your damn reference to Knight of the undead that led to others....
cat4.jpg

HNspfPR.jpg

U4T2xiO.jpg

2Uj7U77.jpg

And no you don't get to touch any of her faerie mounds...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom