Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Perkel

Arcane
What I question is how much of the time it was really worked on and how long it was "in development". My previous quote (the Kotaku one) highlights this.

So how many people have to work on something for you to be in production ? 10 ? 100 ? 1000 ? You don't seem to understand what is pre-production and production. Also we know for 100% sure that game was actually actively in developement before release of TW3, it was smaller scale production with expectation of TW3 devs joining after release leaving some for DLC.

Then apparently leads afer success of TW3 decided to shaft what they had and they restarted production. It used to be PnP conversion and it became TW3 with guns.

Harthwain

Magister
So how many people have to work on something for you to be in production ? 10 ? 100 ? 1000 ? You don't seem to understand what is pre-production and production.
I separate "preparing to work" with "working on", yes.

By the way, why you put a space before the question mark?

Quillon

Arcane
I actually meant citation needed on Rockstar being better than CD Projekt in terms of how quickly they release games. One game per eight years? GTA5 came out in 2013, Witcher 3 in 2015. It's going to end up about the same.
I mean during their golden age of 6th and 7th console generations, ended with GTA Online obviously but still, Rockstar had to work harder to come where they are. CDPR, respectively, released a Twitcher trilogy and that's it.
Cyberpunk 2077 was planned and developed ever since 2012, so that makes 8 years.

They've released the most quality & quantity content packed wRPG to date while everyone had been releasing games with copy-pasta quests/radiant quests etc, and have released after. They've been criticized with over-working their devs numerous times. Call them whatever you want but calling them "lazy" is retadred. They still got ambition while big western RPG devs are playing it as safe as possible & releasing half finished and buggy messes.

Zer0wing

Cipher
They've released the most quality & quantity content packed wRPG to date while everyone had been releasing games with copy-pasta quests/radiant quests etc, and have released after. They've been criticized with over-working their devs numerous times. Call them whatever you want but calling them "lazy" is retadred. They still got ambition while big western RPG devs are playing it as safe as possible & releasing half finished and buggy messes.
I don't say they already lazy, I say they want to become ones and potentially live off MP side projects while releasing one or two big games per 5-8 years claiming themselves as next Rockstar, this title is not warranted yet. That's because I don't find "content packed wRPG" argument good enough, actual Rockstar tripled down on releasing quality games since they actually become Rockstar and ditched DMA Design name.

Quillon

Arcane
So what? Does CDPR have to emulate R* through their years when they can emulate them here & now? I'm not saying its a good thing that if CP77's multiplayer component becomes a success which would consequently hinder single player focus of the company but if they can they will. But then again CDPR is known for promising consumer-friendly practices which R* never subjected themselves to, which might prevent CDPR going full R*(milking online counterparts, cancelling/not making SP DLCs), at least not in the near future.

Zer0wing

Cipher
Does CDPR have to emulate R* through their years when they can emulate them here & now?
CP2077 isn't out yet, so yes, they absolutely should to warrant the title first by not disappointing us by their Cyberpunk game. I'd even say, after Witcher 3, they should double down on not disappointing us considering how good that game was.
I'm still going to sperg out and tear apart their rpg system, itemization, much of "arpege" gameplay.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
So how many people have to work on something for you to be in production ? 10 ? 100 ? 1000 ? You don't seem to understand what is pre-production and production.
I separate "preparing to work" with "working on", yes.

By the way, why you put a space before the question mark?

Because anally retentive, hair splitters fools like yourself would experience awe.
:)

Last edited:

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Because anally retentive, hair splitters fools like yourself would experience awe.
:)
Sounds like you're still butthurt after the last time.

the facts speak for themselves fucktard.
so keep being you and keep confirming that making it to my shitlist was not without reason.
now go back and wonder about the spaces in front of the questions marks and sperging & plot some charts about what in means to be "in production". :)

Harthwain

Magister
Indeed.

Like the fact that you came in here to make a nonsense comment, completely out of the blue. It really had to hurt, if you are so itching to try and "get even" (or whatever was that what you were trying to accomplish).

Or did you like it and came back for more?

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Indeed.

Like the fact that you came in here to make a nonsense comment, completely out of the blue. It really had to hurt, if you are so itching to try and "get even" (or whatever was that what you were trying to accomplish).

Or did you like it and came back for more?

Oh great! :)
Whenever you'll show how a retard you are (eg. spaces & sperging about production minutia like a clown ) and I'll comment about it, you'll think I try to "get even", like "to get even" on the internet is really a thing your brain ponders about.
But whatever, shithead.
Whatever floats your boat and gets you through the day.

Harthwain

Magister
You have a problem with me asking why somebody else is making a constant grammatical error? Considering how wildly the Codex itself can veer off the topic? Cry me a river... I will bring you a water tank.

Last edited:

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
You have a problem with me asking why somebody else is making a constant grammatical error? Considering how wildly the Codex itself can veer off the topic? Cry me a river... I will bring you a water tank.

lol... as if "spaces" is the only anally retentiveness (on borderline autism) you are capable of.

Better bring your mouth so I may discharge myself in it again.
And don't forget also to wear a collar o clean myself afterwards.

PS: next time quote me bitch, because I wouldn't miss your smart responses for anything in the world.

Harthwain

Magister
lol... as if "spaces" is the only anally retentiveness (on borderline autism) you are capable of.

Better bring your mouth so I may discharge myself in it again.
And don't forget also to wear a collar o clean myself afterwards.

PS: next time quote me bitch, because I wouldn't miss your smart responses for anything in the world.
:butthurt:

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Good to see that in 100 pages this thread hasn't gotten any better :thumbsup:

How many people have ordered the digital collector's edition?

AOcPvGp.png

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Good to see that in 100 pages this thread hasn't gotten any better :thumbsup:

How many people have ordered the digital collector's edition?

AOcPvGp.png

what digital CE?
that statuette comes in 1 and 0 so the buyers can 3D print it at home?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom