Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
6-link a luxury, what? Are you guys still playing the open beta client somehow? Game is shitting out 6-links. Not that you absolutely need them either, there are plenty of skills that will carry you on a 5-l or even inside some pseudo 5-link helmet/glove.

Perkel

Arcane
In trade league 6 link isn't a problem because they are worthless and you can buy them easily. But for folks like me who don't use trade or play SSF six link is luxury. Just yesterday i logged in after few months and i decided to finally make my own six link belly. 2500 fusings later still no six link. I basically wasted nearly all my fusing from standard that were accumulating over the years.

Adding salt to injury i played with friend trying to show him POE and dude found belly of the beast in act 9 and dude just 6 linked it in 5 fusings. I gave him 20 fusings and he gave me back 15... Never even tried to six link anything because i was always scared of not getting it and wasting my currency...

--------------

Speaking of belly. Game definitely has some sort of "welcome back" mechanism. I play today mostly few days on/off every few months and every time i log in in next few hours you are super lucky.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
lmao that sounds like you got fucked by RNG real good. Was your belly 28% quality? 2500 fus in multiple years is a snail's pace though.

FSsMZZl.png

2SYDCpN.png

eHwaBIO.png

This is in SSF Delirium. I hit 36/40 just recently and was fairly unproductive this league by my own standards. I did get quite lucky with 3 natural 6L drops this league, but other than that it is just pure play. I was able to 6-link my Cane of Unraveling in like 1k fus and am now waiting for Hillock r3 in Fortification, so I can start spamming my Shavs. I would say that if you don't have a single 6L to your name after multiple years of play, you either play very slow or very little or both. And if you are either very slow or play very little, IMO you shouldn't be playing SSF, but I am not the Police, so do whatever you want. Just don't expect me to take your opinion on the game balance seriously.

Perkel

Arcane
Unlike you i play game for fun not to work. I don't grind end game. I play some build and if it is fun i just run with it for a while until i will find something else that interests me and star over.

Gerrard

Arcane
After spending a day farming Desert/Dunes and getting Rumi's Concoction instead, Einhar came through as the broest of bros once again.
9K1gN7M.png

I got more six links this league than in all (or most ) of my past leagues combined total. There are sources that drop a six linked unique ever since Delve, I'm pretty sure they exist in every league reward mechanic like incubators or blight chests. There are also ones that explicitly give a six-linked armor.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Unlike you i play game for fun not to work. I don't grind end game. I play some build and if it is fun i just run with it for a while until i will find something else that interests me and star over.

I never implied that you had to grind until the game felt like work for you. The entire point I am trying to make, is that a grind is no longer necessary for decent 6L

Gerrard

Arcane
normal or corrupted ones? corrupted ones i always vendor
Normal. I got Quill Rain, Bronn's Lithe, Cospri's Will from uniques. A normal Gladiator Plate, Devout Chainmail, Vaal Regalia from incubators, Necromancer Silks and Devout Chainmail from beastcraft. Then a couple corrupted ones. Also six linked Soul Mantle in a few hundred on top of the 1 fuse Dragonscale that I posted before.
On that matter, I've started thinking it's better to have multiple copies of an item and alternate between then when trying to six link something, all the info I've seen seems to indicate that the chance is based on some unique item seed and not an independent one.

Gerrard

Arcane
I also did Sirus (A5) for the first time, on Cyclone. Died twice, once to meteor that happened almost immediately after I got teleported, I don't know what was with that, and once to getting slowed by the rotating beams and lazer combo in the last phase.
Incomparably easier fight than the Elder clusterfuck.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Vulkan renderer gives me much more stable performance :kingcomrade:

btw, unique sboxes can also yield 6-L:
bv2KLsX.png

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
It fixed a performance a lot. FPS aren't that much higher but game doesn't crap under itself when actions start to happen like it used to.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
After fucking up performance, so bad you had to disable sounds in .ini files, they seems to fixed it a bit in some cases and better in others.
Maybe they should give players more options to begin with, not remove them?

Last edited:

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
You don't have to edit any .ini files, putting the parameter "-nosound" in your shortcut will do (or "-ns", if you're on steam client). General performance has been improving every league, but retarded people can't put 1 and 1 together and realize that GGG is also giving you the option to run much more content simultaneously now.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
General performance has been improving every league
Yeah no.
Quite opposite.
Fixing the league after initial mess does not make it a optimized game in general

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom