Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
bg3 will rock
Bg3 will suck

This thread is like social experiment.

detail-Aristotle-School-of-Athens-Plato-Raphael.jpg

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
You can hate Larian all day, BG3 will gonna be the most faithful D&D 5e adaptation which is not hard considering that other 5e games are sword coast legends and neverwinter mmo.

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
You can hate Larian all day, BG3 will gonna be the most faithful D&D 5e adaptation which is not hard considering that other 5e games are sword coast legends and neverwinter mmo.
D&D 5 is something I get for dumb DMs that don't like to manage too many numbers because it may hurt their little heads but why the fuck use it on a pc game? Are they aiming to reduce the cpu work load? I can't wait to find out this only needs a 500mhz cpu.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Makes sense, medieval armor is worthless vs firearms. What i found extremely lackluster is the range/damage. 5e i believe that there are no rules about firearms. I believe that there are even a lore explanation that the Gods messed with their functioning(NOT SURE)
The 5E DMG has rules for muskets, modern era guns and sci-fi rayguns.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Dnd, especially 5th sucks ass. Who cares how faithful they are? Shit company copying a shit game. Only good part about dnd is how the numbers work.

vortex what's the significance of the picture? Don't know what historical event it's depicting.

Dodo1610

Arcane
Look like underdark
That winged creature is a harpy, does that mean BG3 will have flying enemies?
The drow are a race separate from the other eleven subraces in BG3 so they will probably be important for the story. So a visit to the Underdark makes sense.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
This Divine Divinity 3 Baldur's Gate 3 game looks more and more tailored to please the faggots, but not the ones who find sexual pleasure by sucking cock and by anally inserting other cocks into them.
The other worse kind, that find juvenile anime stimulating and have life size waifu pillows for them to hump before sleep and soak them with their diluted jizz that will never see the moist walls of a real vagina.
The 30 years old mouth-breathers kind that dress up in mommy's vintage nylon pantyhose and then grope their smooth ass cheeks with their eyes closed, imagining they're in the prelude stage of fingering their cherished Sailor Moon type anime fictional character.

PS: hi there Sven! I know you're reading this thread.

Last edited:

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler

:06, destructible environment props?

An arrow not only breaks a statue, it also breaks it off perfectly and reflects it at the optimal angle to destroy your enemies. Shit game by shit studio. I guess it's a good thing they at least attempt shit, even if they're too incompetent to do it properly. Swen probably jizzed himself while he personally made that feature.

As for inventory slots, I never find myself having fun managing inventories, unless that's a crucial gameplay element (like in Darkest Dungeon, where you have to balance supplies and rewards). Since usually it's just boring to me, I prefer to have nothing to do with it (something like what they did with PoE and Deadfire is what I would consider ideal, but I can see why someone wouldn't like that).
Inventory Tetris is core RPG gameplay! It was pretty lacking in the previous BG games, but it was fine since it was so small and you only had to decide on what to carry with you, that makes it interesting since you have to make choices and from what I've heard RPGs are all about them. I do prefer inventories where one arrow doesn't occupy the same space as an entire set of armor though, that's super dumb.
Arcanum inventory (and pickpocketing) is the best I can think of off the top of my head.

I think Betrayal at Krondor did a great job with items and inventory. There was no weight, but inventory space was so tight that what you carried mattered tremendously. Your provisions, tools, medicine, torches, consumables, and even plot items all took up valuable space. There was no looting every broom and scrap of leather to sell to the trash merchant. Sometimes the decisions could get difficult, in a good way. Observe:

dosbox-0-74-cpu-speed_-max-100-cycles-frameskip-0-program_-krondor-screenshot-9_16_2013-12_56_23-am-cropped.png

iu
betrayal-at-krondor_15.gif

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I hope that naked-chin shortass is a halfling or a gnome, not a dwarf.
And for some reason, I keep seeing Fort Joy in every shot.

Codex Year of the Donut

:06, destructible environment props?

An arrow not only breaks a statue, it also breaks it off perfectly and reflects it at the optimal angle to destroy your enemies. Shit game by shit studio. I guess it's a good thing they at least attempt shit, even if they're too incompetent to do it properly. Swen probably jizzed himself while he personally made that feature.

Oh no, my d&d game is lacking realism, how awful.

Terenty

Liturgist
The other worse kind, that find juvenile anime stimulating and have life size waifu pillows for them to hump before sleep and soak them with their diluted jizz that will never see the moist walls of a real vagina.
The 30 years old mouth-breathers kind that dress up in mommy's vintage nylon pantyhose and then grope they smooth ass cheeks with their eyes closed, imagining they're in the prelude stage of fingering their cherished Sailor Moon type anime fictional character.
That sounds oddly specific

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom