Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Good gaming channels on Youtube?

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA

2,5 hours long retrospective on Dragon Age games, should be good, his tastes are pretty codexian.

Is that a... presentable looking fellow covering retro video games? I expected an awkwardly balding fat slob of a manchild, damn it! I didn't pay for this!
And he speaks like a normal person too, rare I know, in the age of constant phonetic change to appease the ADD crowd.

Last edited:

Darkforge

Augur
Avoiding the puddle is the only good gaming channel on youtube. he is the stand-up comedian of the streaming world and I mainly only watch the edited short youtube clips of him on your tube tearing his audience a new one which he does constantly.

SkinnJakka

Novice
I'm not sure about Ragnarox. He talks like he wants to rape me with his voice.
He's such a fucking faggot on twitter and likely also IRL, but god damn his videogame essays are pretty great, highly recommended. Lastly, he also helped Pathologic 2 a lot with getting exposure, so he stays in the OK book.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm not sure about Ragnarox. He talks like he wants to rape me with his voice.
He's such a fucking faggot on twitter and likely also IRL, but god damn his videogame essays are pretty great, highly recommended. Lastly, he also helped Pathologic 2 a lot with getting exposure, so he stays in the OK book.
Yup and in the case of Pathologic 2 it was pretty great that Mandalore, Grimdark and Ragnar did their videos at the pretty much the same time since it gave some much needed exposure to the game
Ragnar’s The Void and Rule of Rose are fantastic essays and the fact that he does a lot of really obscure indies makes me think that rather than him beign a darkie hipster he really cares about the indie scene

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Here is another Deus Ex video:

Initially i expected a retread of pretty much every other Deus Ex video but outside the history parts near the beginning it was mostly commentary which personally found interesting.

(though i don't know where i found this guy, he has very few subscribers and i thought it was from this thread but went back a few pages and couldn't find a reference :-P but anyway it looks like he has some interesting videos... even though ii only remember watching the King's Field one)

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Have not seen it yet, just popped up in my subscription feed. I'm sure it's good though.

Another shout out for my boyy Chris, a noob with a brain.

EDIT: Fuck me, I'm late.

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Have not seen it yet, just popped up in my subscription feed. I'm sure it's good though.

Another shout out for my boyy Chris, a noob with a brain.

EDIT: Fuck me, I'm late.

People butthurt about accents are fucking annoying. Many of the foreign-born people really do sound like that when speaking English, and some of them sound even worse.

A horse of course

CyberWhale Hoaxmetal thanks for saving me from wasting my time.

Jarpie the Dragon Age video was good, didn't really break down the problems with stuff like the combat systems and such but he seems to focus pretty heavily on writing in his reviews, same with the Outer Worlds and Pillars stuff.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Something that's cool in Deus Ex, that I've never seen anyone remark, is that you have to work for your preferred ending. It's not enough to say "I want the Tracer Tong ending" and you push a button. If you aren't good enough at the game to complete your preferred ending's objectives in Area 51, you might have to settle for another one. This influences any philosophical or ethical conundrum you might have regarding the choice, and it's appropriate to the rest of the game. You want to keep Paul or Jock alive? Then play the game better.

By comparison, Human Revolution just gives you two buttons and tells you to press one of them. The quest "That Lucky Old Sun" from New Vegas falls into the same trap. You get to the top of HELIOS One and decide where to direct the power, the end. In essence, it's a separation of narrative from gameplay, which should be verboten in the RPG genre.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom