Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

toroks

Educated
Which one is the most "legitimate" and deeply rooted D&D/Pathfinder race? Ratfolk?
If we stick to 3.x, definitely catfolk. They appeared in Races of the Wild and the Race of X series (Races of the Wild, Races of Destiny, Races of Stone and Races of the Dragon) is one of the most widespread series of accessory handbooks. For example, goliaths are in Races of Stone and dragonborns are in Races of the Dragon.

To find some semblance of rat-like race, you need to rely on Oriental Adventures, a fairly obscure 3.0 handbook (later adapted to 3.5), that has the Nezumi race. There are various rat-like creatures among monsters and most of them are playable races, but they were intended almost exclusively as monsters.

Kitsune are nowhere to be found, because they are godawful abominations and should burn amidst the flames of Hell.
Interesting, too bad catfolk are doing so bad in the poll, it seems the Puss in boots-build with weapon focus rapier is not bound to happen :)
latest

On another note, hmmmm: "Humans are genomically more like rats than cats,a comparison of sequence from 12 vertebrate species published in today's Nature indicates."

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
I'm really hoping the furries are frontloading their deviancy and the prestigious ratfolk will win the long game.
I hope this is true, and it's entirely possible. From what I hear, Owlcat seems to have rigged the polls by banning ratfolk on the Discord and forums way back, and then now, they announced the vote on the Discord first, which means foxfags got a head start, and then the system effectively shut down from overload. It is no surprise that the results are open, then, effectively making it impossible for objective voting to happen.

It's also very suspicious that all prior polling indicated a strong ratfolk victory.
Honestly? I'd fuck a kitsune.
LannTheStupid No one wants to look at sexualized rats, it's gross, and ew.
The difference between ratbros and foxfags, everyone. Right here.
Thanks man of many lucks! You have done our cause a good service!

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Which one is the most "legitimate" and deeply rooted D&D/Pathfinder race? Ratfolk?
If we stick to 3.x, definitely catfolk. They appeared in Races of the Wild and the Race of X series (Races of the Wild, Races of Destiny, Races of Stone and Races of the Dragon) is one of the most widespread series of accessory handbooks. For example, goliaths are in Races of Stone and dragonborns are in Races of the Dragon.

To find some semblance of rat-like race, you need to rely on Oriental Adventures, a fairly obscure 3.0 handbook (later adapted to 3.5), that has the Nezumi race. There are various rat-like creatures among monsters and most of them are playable races, but they were intended almost exclusively as monsters.

Kitsune are nowhere to be found, because they are godawful abominations and should burn amidst the flames of Hell.
That is only in 3.0/3.5, though, and both Catfolk and Ratfolk barely exist. The content for either is completely eclipsed by Pathfinder, and with Pathfinder, Ratfolk easily has the most background/content/roots/whatever. It's one of the reasons it became a base race in Starfinder, really.

For Pathfinder, check the info-dumps I posted earlier. Ratfolk win in a fucking landslide. Catfolk and Kitsune doesn't even have any settlement in Garund/Northern Avistan, where the games take place. Catfolk are almost exclusively niggers, and Kitsune are orientals. Going by verisimilitude alone, they shouldn't even have been options.

StrongBelwas

Savant
Patron
The whole website seems to be running on a huge delay, it might just take giving it 24 hours. I tried to get everything setup yesterday but just got the confirmation emails and badge today

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath

But ratfolk have been a staple in RPGs for a while and have a prestigious history, even though D&D didn't explicitly have them until 3E.

I can't access Owlcat's website at all, it tells me there's a network protocol violation. I can access it with another browser, but I'm not getting any e-mails.

Last edited:

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

That is only in 3.0/3.5, though, and both Catfolk and Ratfolk barely exist. The content for either is completely eclipsed by Pathfinder, and with Pathfinder, Ratfolk easily has the most background/content/roots/whatever. It's one of the reasons it became a base race in Starfinder, really.

For Pathfinder, check the info-dumps I posted earlier. Ratfolk win in a fucking landslide. Catfolk and Kitsune doesn't even have any settlement in Garund/Northern Avistan, where the games take place. Catfolk are almost exclusively niggers, and Kitsune are orientals. Going by verisimilitude alone, they shouldn't even have been options.
I didn't add anything Pathfinder-related because Pathfinder fluff-content usually is such a dumpster fire that the less I think about it, the better I feel. But, yeah, in Pathfinder catfolks are insultingly uninteresting compared to ratfolks (kitsune don't even deserve to be seriously taken into consideration).

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Salutations, I want to vote, but I can't link my pledge account to my forum one. Suggestions?

Contact Mortheim on their Forums, if you have an issue logging on there you can bother him on Discord.

it takes him a while to answer though...

Everything got sorted out on my end, but it always took quite a while.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Just to get signed up for a forum account, I had to click to resend the email before it showed up. And then to link the redemption account to the forum account took overnight (and then spammed it like 8 times from me repeatedly saving it just in case). So I guess mostly be patient if you think you've done the steps correctly. I think their system got slammed.

Kaivokz

Arcane
Of course degenerate sexualized Kitsune are winning, but I am holding out hope that people will see the superiority of the austere Ratfolk.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
What's the arguments for kitsune, kitsune-voters?

Actually interesting instead of a diseased rodent that's pretty much just another halfling but with fur?
"Actually interesting" how? You're gonna have to elaborate on this.
unless you just mean "interesting" in the :shredder: sense.
In which case that just reinforces what everyone knows: that kitsune are the furfag choice and must be voted against
:whiteknight:

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
What's the arguments for kitsune, kitsune-voters?

You get a choice between an almost dog, a cat, and a rat.

What sort of degenerate picks anything other than (almost) dog?
Cats suck.
Rats... eh, I'd be okay if rats won. But dogs are still superior.

Besides
robin-hood.png
is awesome. Fight me.
See my reasoning below, already posted, edited slightly for applicability:

I like cats love dogs IRL.
I do not like weeb catgirls kitsunefags nor furfags so I will not be voting for catpeople fox people, besides which, foxes aren't dogs.
Ratfolk are the least furfaggy race so I will be voting for them. Also I liked the Redwall books as a youngster.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Ratfolk are the least furfaggy race so I will be voting for them. Also I liked the Redwall books as a youngster.

I get this though I'm not familiar with Redwall, but The Secret of Nimh is awesome. Even so, I try not to think too much about the personal habits of the Tali sweat licker segment of the audience so furfag arguments are mostly irrelevant to me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom