Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wizardry 8 sucks! (LOL)

Is op a fag?

• Total voters

T. Reich

Arcane
Arnika road itself is not really scary, unless you spent way too much time in the monastery.

Now, the Arnika-Trynton road after visiting (and leveling in) Arnika and maybe also the cemetery, when your party hits lvl7-9 can be a terrible experience for the unprepared. Mostly because of possible higher lvl spawns that include very strong sages that both pummel you with aoe spells for strong damage and summon the undefeatable (at this stage) earth elementals. And those super-beefy and resistant melee mobs with spikes for hands that also seem to travel in big packs.

Once you make a break for Trynton, though, the game's difficulty scales back in line with overall reasonable difficulty. And it stays there as long as you don't try stupid risky shit.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Arnika Road can definitely get tiresome, but again ... fighting shit pretty much is the game. I look at the repetition in that area as a means to perfect my party tactics, learn how to avoid mobs, and whatnot. I've walked from Trynton back to Arnika a few times just to buy a Resurrection Powder because the potion guy was out. That's never the part where I get bored with the game and quit playing. (Usually it's the unexplored area in the Umpani mountain that kills my interest - I think I have two playthroughs now that stalled there.)

Snufkin

Augur
Did you guys completed Wiz8 solo? Or how far did you go? I had best successes as solo rogue, almost finished game with it. Also high lvl monk dualed later to fighter is very powerfull with lot of attacks that get doubled by berserk.

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't like that the thread title was changed, even if I love W8. the guy said what he said, and now the replies sound too hostile if taken out of context.

Lhynn

Arcane
I don't like that the thread title was changed, even if I love W8. the guy said what he said, and now the replies sound too hostile if taken out of context.
Codex is the context, nothing sounds too hostile here.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Disarming traps is awesome though, at least in comparison to picking a high level lock.

Old One

Arcane
I also really liked trap disarming in Wiz8. That's a good example of an innovative system that other games should steal. It introduces just the right amount of uncertainty to the process. If it were up to me I would double the number or possible trap mechanisms though.

I remember while I was disarming traps in Wiz8 I would always think about how that system could be integrated with the real-time lockpicking system in Thief...

Nael

Arcane
I think you've nailed it. Can't remember trash mob fights being too long or annoying, at some point you get multiple crits per round and shit goes down fast.

Or you get the Ring of Fire spell and run around playing bumper cars with all the monsters.

Nijar

Novice
Wiz8 is such a sweet game. I love every minute with it. It's like being in love the first time to be honest. I could smother it out of love everytime I'm alone with it. Ohhh, soooo sweet.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron

Advanced Necromancy like this is a dangerous art that should not be trifled with lightly...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom