Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
A brief public service announcement for anyone who doesn't like dogs:
ur a pussy and ur mum gay

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Dogs serves as hunting, tracking, guide dog, guard(...) companions. Rats and cats are useless and kitsunes only serves to furry weird tastes.

Dogs can kill Boars and Pumas, Foxes, Rats and Cats can't.

Have you seen the cat people in Pathfinder? They're not your basic house cat. They have tiger heads and shit. Tigers can kill any dog and they are peak hunters

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
You know what would ruin such a cute animal? Boobs, big anime eyes and fishnet stockings.
It's clear improvement in my book!

To be honest, stray dogs are apex predators in urban areas. I remember that in Moscow where dog catchers (as other state services) are remiss, one can see only 3 kinds of animals on the streets: rats, dogs, and crows. In Toronto, where I haven't seen a stray pet yet, there is whole zoo on the streets. Small rats in the subway, squirrels in parks, raccoons in garbage cans. I have recently seen a fox (while people are on quarantine). And hawks and falcons just fly over gas stations. And this is in addition to all other... creatures.

So... yeah. Dogs are the best.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
stray dogs are apex predators in urban areas
Easy to be the apex predator in an area where humans killed all the Apex predators. Let's see dogs be apex predators somewhere that actually poses some risk. All dogs got are wolfs in some icy places where its just rabbits jumping around. Cats are apex predators in jungles or savannahs where there are bigger animals like rhinos and gazels and monkeys. No competition

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Easy to be the apex predator in an area where humans killed all the Apex predator
Well, that's the point - large cats are dying out everywhere, but doggies of different kinds usually prosper. Now humankind is another force of natural selection, so animals have to adapt or die.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Easy to be the apex predator in an area where humans killed all the Apex predators. Let's see dogs be apex predators somewhere that actually poses some risk. All dogs got are wolfs in some icy places where its just rabbits jumping around. Cats are apex predators in jungles or savannahs where there are bigger animals like rhinos and gazels and monkeys. No competition

Except that a dog can track the bigger animal for a hunter with a deadly .45-70 rifle or a .585 Gehringer which can kill any "apex predator". Even if somehow a tyrannosaur is bough back to life, a large caliber blackpowder rifle is everything that you need against one. Hell, Javelins was used extensively to hunt Mammoths during ice age. A dog tracking + projectile weapon = GG win. It allowed a species with bellow average strength to be in the top of food chain.

25,000 Years Later, Javelin Is Still Embedded in Mammoth's Rib
https://www.livescience.com/64540-ice-age-hunters-spear-mammoth.html

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
So your beloved animal is so fucking weak that its survival is based on someone else's ability? It can't survive on its own by it's own merits? Doesn't sound like someone I would like on my team. Utility is great but you have to bring something more to the table when a dragon is about to eat the parties ass. Cats die or survive based off their own abilities. Even rats do. Dogs are a bunch of pussies that need others to help them along. You guys aren't just Larian cultists, you're also Communist fucks.

Enjoy the scraps your masters allow you to have

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Utility is great but you have to bring something more to the table when a dragon is about to eat the parties ass.
How is a rat or a felis catus going to help you kill a dragon you dumb fuck? Gonna give it the bubonic plague or toxoplasmosis?

Dogs have literally nothing to do with the Pathfinder race poll though, the authoritative and irrefutable facts remain:
1. Ratfolk is the superior choice for WotR
2. Dogs are the superior pet and companion animal in real life

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
OH MY GOD! SOMEONE CALL THE PRESIDENT! WE JUST GAINED ANOTHER ONE PERCENT! ONNNNEE PERCEEENT! WOOO HOOO!
DAxTmO5.png

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Utility is great but you have to bring something more to the table when a dragon is about to eat the parties ass.
How is a rat or a felis catus going to help you kill a dragon you dumb fuck? Gonna give it the bubonic plague or toxoplasmosis?

Dogs have literally nothing to do with the Pathfinder race poll though, the authoritative and irrefutable facts remain:
1. Ratfolk is the superior choice for WotR
2. Dogs are the superior pet and companion animal in real life
Dogs are the superior pet because they're betas. Cats are Alpha. Rats are Alpha too, relative to their smaller existence. A rat is going to help fight a dragon with passion and hard work.

Yosharian

Arcane
Did you try contacting the community managers?
Yes, in the first instance I needed to get unbanned because for some reason my forum account was suspended for the reason "banned during initial import", the community manager explained this by saying "Sorry for that - you were banned on forum transfer" as if that explains anything.

So then he explains that he's unbanned me, then I explain to him that I'm having trouble getting my password reset since I'm not receiving the password reset email that the website claims to be sending me.

And then nothing, radio silence, dude just ghosts me.

Good fun.

purpleblob

Savant
Pretty sure he is being flooded by similar requests. Give him some time. The voting is open till end of June so you have plenty of time.

Yosharian

Arcane
Yes cos of course "i'll get back to you" takes so much time to write

Much better to just ghost me and leave me wondering what the fuck is going on

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Wouldn't even be a contest if something like Dragonborn or Saurian or some other kitchen-sink scaly race was offered. Why fight demons as some anemic furball when the option to be a hulking mass of cold-blooded scale and muscle is offered?

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Imagine being able to play PFWoTR as a "elemental" race, like a Efreet or a Marid... That sounds way better than furryes or Manlet furryes

Yosharian

Arcane
Wouldn't even be a contest if something like Dragonborn or Saurian or some other kitchen-sink scaly race was offered. Why fight demons as some anemic furball when the option to be a hulking mass of cold-blooded scale and muscle is offered?
px12j3l.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom