Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Knights of the Chalice 2 Kickstarter live

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Come on Codex!! Our little fundraiser is stalling out so I threw in a little more. If we can fund Pathfinder: WoR then surely we can contribute to this gem?!!

:rpgcodex:

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
He's very obviously trying to go for the "I purchased all those Roll20 round tokens to play with my friends online" look, because that's what all the hip modern tabletop fans use these days...

who the hell pays for tokens when there's tokentool

Knights of the Chalice was rightfully 2009's RPG of the Year.

daily reminder the actual rpgcodex rpg of the year 2009 was dragon age

in a year that had risen and knights of the chalice

dragon age
CODEX was never good.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I love the first game with all my heart, but with full honesty, I can't see shit in some of these new screenshots. Does any of you guys know whether some sort of zoom will be in?

I will chip in in June :)

alits

Barely Literate
I backed at the paladin tier, with the extra bit for the steam key of KotC1. I was just want to know when that key will be sent.

Thank you.

Brozef

Savant
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Very excited about the great kickstarter news!
Done my part as a hero of the kodex :obviously:

I don't get the hate for the artwork though. I really like the token style. At least it looks much better than some half arsed isometric mobile game or the next soulless unity assetflip.
Maybe it would be better though if some of them were more low res. If they are too high res it can look jarring (i think that was the problem with A Valley Without Wind as well). It is much better to have a homogeneous look to it like in Dominions 3 or Disciples 2. But in the end the beauty in the token approach will be the modability. Everyone will be able to customize it to his convenience like with Dwarf Fortress. So I'd much prefer it if Pierre wouldn't waste time and effort on graphics. He'll never be able to cater to the graphics crowd anyway.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
So I'd much prefer it if Pierre wouldn't waste time and effort on graphics. He'll never be able to cater to the graphics crowd anyway.

What graphics crowd? Its just KotC 1 sprites that we want.

Don't change what ain't broken, so many sequels failed because of this simple principle.

BlueSalamander

Heroic Fantasy Games
Developer
Sprites are most likely in, we're already at 30k with like a month to go. Huge victory for the forces of incline. Just a question of whether they'll be accompanied by KotC-style perspective. @BlueSalamander?
No worries, sprites will be in regardless of the Stretch Goals. Too many people want them for me not to add them! :) Perspective-wise, I'm planning to go for the look of Baldur's Gate 2.

I backed at the paladin tier, with the extra bit for the steam key of KotC1. I was just want to know when that key will be sent.
Thank you for your support alits! You'll get the KotC 1 Steam key soon after the end of the campaign, at some point in July.

Done my part as a hero of the kodex
Awesome, thank you Brozef!!

I really like the token style.
Thank you for the feedback! The game will have an option allowing the player to choose between sprite display and token display. Cheers! :)

Brozef

Savant
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So I'd much prefer it if Pierre wouldn't waste time and effort on graphics. He'll never be able to cater to the graphics crowd anyway.

What graphics crowd? Its just KotC 1 sprites that we want.

Don't change what ain't broken, so many sequels failed because of this simple principle.

Sure, I have nothing against the sprites. I just meant that it isn't worth it spending too much time on graphical overhauls, when it is clear that you can never please everyone and that Pierre can spend his time and money on the important stuff he is actually good at. I mean look at the white balance in his video...

Awesome, thank you Brozef!!

It is more than deserved! KotC was awesome and I have to support any dev that isn't a typical retarded leftist. I assume module 4 "Heart of Evil" is about abolishing the Fed? Or just the EU? Will there be a bonus for having Hayek, Mieses and Rothbard in one party?

BlueSalamander

Heroic Fantasy Games
Developer
I assume module 4 "Heart of Evil" is about abolishing the Fed? Or just the EU? Will there be a bonus for having Hayek, Mieses and Rothbard in one party?
Ahaha, good one! You can only end the Fed if you have Ron Paul in the party! :D That reminds me of this video:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom