Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This was an interesting exchange from the Kickstarter comments. I didn't bother quoting all the posts from the guy requesting the arcane archer.

Some Guy said:
We've got the ranger ...

Any plans to do an arcane archer type?

I'm planning to put a Mage Knight in that role, and I think it'll work okay. But just figured I'd ask!

HeroicFantasyGames said:
Thank you for posting Dromin! :)

I've just had a look at the Arcane Archer in the SRD. I'm thinking that for KotC 2, we could have an extra Mage Knight character-creation option allowing the player to select between Arcane Fighter and Arcane Archer.

The Arcane Archer would have some ranged-combat feats as well as the spells Lesser Magic Arrow and Greater Magic Arrow from the Ranger's spell list. How does that sound? Cheers! =)

HeroicFantasyGames said:
Cool! Yes, some specific feats would further improve the class.

I really like the Phase Arrow class feature from the SRD. It allows you to shoot arrows through walls. I could see how it would be useful when the party has retreated to a narrow corridor and there are enemies in the next room. :)

HeroicFantasyGames said:
Hello Dromin! :)

Yes, I agree, Arcane Archer is a great option. I also think that Phase Arrow and Phase Spell feats are must-haves. Should be okay to implement.

Also yes, it seems appropriate to give that class the [Archery] skill.

Thank you for the great suggestions! :)

Here's another one about class variants for the rogue.

HeroicFantasyGames said:
Thank you Entropy! :)

I'll reproduce my reply from below: maybe we can have a new Rogue character-creation option allowing you to choose between Ninja / Assassin and Swashbuckler / Fencer / Musketeer. Would you like that?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-revolutionise-old-school-crpgs/posts/2854959

Update #13: First Knights of the Chalice 2 Combat Video!

First Knights of the Chalice 2 Combat Video

Hello everyone! :)

I have just uploaded the fourth video in support of the Kickstarter campaign for Knights of the Chalice 2. The new video is the First Combat Video of KotC 2 Augury of Chaos as part of a series of five Combat Videos. The link on Youtube is: https://youtu.be/KN2nCvqlN48. Feel free to post comments here or on the Youtube page.

Updated Stretch Goals Image
To clear up any remaining confusion on the subject of animated sprites in KotC 2, I have just updated the Stretch Goals image. The stretch goals associated with sprites are now simply ‘Improved Animated Sprites’ and ‘More Animated Sprites’. We will get new Animated Sprites for KotC 2 even if we do not reach these Stretch Goals.

The updated Stretch Goals image can be found here.

Social Goals Report And Links
Yesterday, we had a nice increase in the number of backers and we made progress on the Youtube, Facebook and Instagram Social Goals, as well.

1d981ebf37812c954984327853cf36b7_original.png

Keep Spreading the Word, Valiant Knights and Wise Wizards! Your Stalwart Efforts Are Not Going Unnoticed, And The Kingdom is Grateful! Thank You!! :)

Also, please feel free to download the updated promo pack for KotC 2 if you would like to promote the campaign with images, text or animated GIFs.

Next Knights of the Chalice 2 Video
The next video in support of the KotC 2 Kickstarter campaign will be published on 9 June. It will be the KotC 2 video that I recorded using KotC 1 sprites for both the player characters and the monsters (skeletons).

Thank You Everyone for Supporting the Campaign!! ^^

AdolfSatan

Arcane
That's a nice idea, having token borders of customizable colour.

Sweet mother of Jesus, that combat video is pure undiluted incline.
:shredder:

And here's my fanart for kotc:
kkkodex.png

Sir Grognardot the KKKnight

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Point buy is amazing. No rolling for an hour. Limitations on the player has always led to creativity in my eyes. No all around amazing stats. Putting in your characters stats will require more thinking and you'll have to actually make decisions about your character instead of rolling for an hour then getting everything your character needed.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Point buy is amazing. No rolling for an hour.

I found the system in Grimoire (rolls + point buy) a reasonable compromise to min-maxing or rolling forever. Dark Sun is like that too. I like any system which tells me to stop obsessing over "perfect" builds and just enjoy the game.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Point buy is amazing. No rolling for an hour.

I found the system in Grimoire (rolls + point buy) a reasonable compromise to min-maxing or rolling forever. Dark Sun is like that too. I like any system which tells me to stop obsessing over "perfect" builds and just enjoy the game.
I like and share this philosophy yet everytime it's a roll system I'll roll forever. Don't have the will power to stop myself so I want developers to force me to

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
That combat video makes me think HOMM2 battle music would be a great swap-in out of the gate. This one gives me max nostalgia feels.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
The worst part is after you roll 10 hours and make a party, you start the game and realize you want a different party and start the whole thing over again.

Dyskolos

Cipher
HeroicFantasyGames said:
maybe we can have a new Rogue character-creation option allowing you to choose between Ninja / Assassin and Swashbuckler / Fencer / Musketeer.

Fuck yes if he adds fencer and musketeer. My favorite tabletop party to this day was a (homebrew) recreation of D'artagnan and the musketeers.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Point buy is amazing. No rolling for an hour. Limitations on the player has always led to creativity in my eyes. No all around amazing stats. Putting in your characters stats will require more thinking and you'll have to actually make decisions about your character instead of rolling for an hour then getting everything your character needed.
Thinking about this some more, I remembered that you can't roll "perfect" stats in this game in the sense that they'll all be high. It uses point-buy that you don't have control over. You can roll "perfect" stats in the sense that they'll be min-maxed if you roll enough times, I believe.

When a character is created, the abilities are rolled within the possible range with each value in the range having an equal probability. Then, if the total of ability points is below (or above) the set total for the race, points are randomly added (or removed). The set total is 73 for half-giants, 75 for centaurs, drakes, half-salamanders and mantis people, 79 for humans, 81 for dwarves, elves and kobolds, and 83 for halflings. For example, 79 points can yield the array: 18 15 13 12 11 10.

http://www.heroicfantasygames.com/FWE/Pages/FWE_Races.htm

Last edited:

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Thinking about this some more, I remembered that you can't roll "perfect" stats in this game in the sense that they'll all be high. It uses point buy that you don't have control over. You can roll "perfect" stats in the sense that they'll be min-maxed if you roll enough times, I believe.

When a character is created, the abilities are rolled within the possible range with each value in the range having an equal probability. Then, if the total of ability points is below (or above) the set total for the race, points are randomly added (or removed). The set total is 73 for half-giants, 75 for centaurs, drakes, half-salamanders and mantis people, 79 for humans, 81 for dwarves, elves and kobolds, and 83 for halflings. For example, 79 points can yield the array: 18 15 13 12 11 10.

http://www.heroicfantasygames.com/FWE/Pages/FWE_Races.htm

Thanks for the info, i hope it's better in action than it sounds because a Sawyered character creation is the last thing we need.

Last edited:

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Here's a little more info on the stats, in case people didn't follow the link. Each race has minimum and maximum values for each stat. For instance, a halfling can never have a dexterity below 16 nor above 20, unless you choose the "Wild" subrace option for halflings that gives +2 Str, -2 Dex, and -2 Int. I think choosing a high target stat race will make you not have to roll too many times to maximize the stat you want. Going with human could involve some rolling though.

Races_1.png

Subraces.png

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
So it's a mix between point buy and rolling. Only some races get less stat points overall.
Races_2.png

And come to think of it, half-elf as a human subtype is a nice idea. You get to keep the extra feats.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Nothing is set in stone, I actually hope he would give us the points to distribute however we want and save me hours of rolling... ( he did made a post saying he thinks about it ) the only fun point of rolling is trying to get super high stats, his method takes the worse of both systems not the good part.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom