Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Trigger the codex with a statement.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Jrpg is better than wrpg. There are only a few wprg in the market because most developers in the west are busy making their next multiplayer first person shooter.

At least MP first person shooters aren't games about androgynous teenagers with oversized swords saving the world and you have everything on shooter market, from realistic milsim like ArmA 3 to complete crazy moba inspired games like Paladins... And there are a lot of RPG on market. Good RPG are rare in modern days, as good comics, good movies, good novels(....)

My major problem with JRPG's is their protagonist. Even Baldur's Gate 2 which is my favorite game of all time would be unplayable if i an forced to play as a guy like Van, Cloud, Rex or even Krys from Legend of Krys...

https://drawfee.fandom.com/wiki/The_Legends_of_Krys
dayd99f-366356de-d03c-432f-8628-29b97ed5b23d.png

Black lives matter more.

Depends where you live...

Last edited:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Ok here it is - I'd bang Lilura if that character a woman, not ugly, even if she is below average.

And the most triggering that it's true, not aome joke.
I would pay a visit if was in same country to that dame of rfined taste.

EDIT: That's happened after BG3 thread.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Jrpg is better than wrpg. There are only a few wprg in the market because most developers in the west are busy making their next multiplayer first person shooter.

At least MP first person shooters aren't games about androgynous teenagers with oversized swords saving the world and you have everything on shooter market, from realistic milsim like ArmA 3 to complete crazy moba inspired games like Paladins... And there are a lot of RPG on market. Good RPG are rare in modern days, as good comics, good movies, good novels(....)

My major problem with JRPG's is their protagonist. Even Baldur's Gate 2 which is my favorite game of all time would be unplayable if i an forced to play as a guy like Van, Cloud, Rex or even Krys from Legend of Krys...

https://drawfee.fandom.com/wiki/The_Legends_of_Krys
dayd99f-366356de-d03c-432f-8628-29b97ed5b23d.png

Black lives matter more.

Depends where you live...

Talking out of your ass again about shit you have no idea about. The guy in your second link is Luso from Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift. The legend of Krys is not even a game, its a parody made in the west you buffoon.

Anonona

Learned
androgynous teenagers

We know Victor, they make you feel weird and uncomfortable. You just have to state, over and over, how much you hate androgynous teenagers. But is ok pal, we know, we know.

Joking, we all know that you want to fuck dragons instead

Darth Canoli

Arcane

More plausibly, while the Japanese would play the same crap over and over again, it doesn't work in the west for the cRPG genre, you either have to release a good game or invent tepid water all over again with a new shiny package to make steamtards believe they're playing the second coming.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Joking, we all know that you want to fuck dragons instead

I believe that you are confounding me with Draq. (jk)

If i could fuck anything from fantasy universes, cute vampire brides that never age and are always loyal to her master(me). Most perfect waifu ever. hu3hu3hu3

The guy in your second link is Luso from Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift. The legend of Krys is not even a game, its a parody made in the west you buffoon.

I just googled jrpg protagonist and that photo was in a thread about xenoblade 2.

As for legend of krys, is from this sequel of hilarious videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usN2siiJaDc&list=PLDUoOYLKP1C7ByUy8XdA48_JmGgJuYSPE

edit : "The Legend of Krys (known as Krys of War: Shadow of the Skitterbug in America) is Drawfee's worst JRPG ever" https://drawfee.fandom.com/wiki/The_Legends_of_Krys

That is ludicrous hilarious...

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
The guy in your second link is Luso from Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift. The legend of Krys is not even a game, its a parody made in the west you buffoon.

I just googled jrpg protagonist and that photo was in a thread about xenoblade 2.

As for legend of krys, is from this sequel of hilarious videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usN2siiJaDc&list=PLDUoOYLKP1C7ByUy8XdA48_JmGgJuYSPE

edit : "The Legend of Krys (known as Krys of War: Shadow of the Skitterbug in America) is Drawfee's worst JRPG ever" https://drawfee.fandom.com/wiki/The_Legends_of_Krys

That is ludicrous hilarious...

Pretty obvious that you just googled "worst designed JRPG protagonist" or something to that matter, since Luso comes up fairly often in that discussion. Kind of hilarious, you have so strong opinions about JRPGs and need to mention them in each and any thread, but you have absolutely no knowledge about the genre. Like a deaf man trying to critique Beethoven your attempts are entertaining in their futility.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Fallout New Vegas gunplay is good. Mainly if compared to games like Hellgate London.

And hellgate londom gun mechanics are awful due the "muh balance, muh melee and ranged needs to be the same, so lets put 15m range for guns and magical skills"... The lack of recoil and high amount of cooldowns are also problems for hellgate.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
It's slightly better than the gunplay in Fallout 3. That's the highest praise I've ever heard or read about that. It's a great game for other reasons

Not true. Fallout 3 super mutants using .32 pipe rifles are so ludicrous, their hands or improvised throwing spears probably has way more chance to damage a armored personnel. The lack of iron sight and the armor mechanics is just retarded.

Guns can jam on FNV. I din't saw it in any other game. Your starting guns are imprecise, on poor condition and you rarely have any ammo. If you try to use anti materiel rifle without proper skills, you will have to deal with a drunk sway, you can chose all types of ammos, including even bragon breath for 12 gauge, due the armor mechanics reducing the damage by flat amount, you don't always pick the faster firing weapon, vs a heavily armored robot, a .308 AP round will deal far more damage than dozens of 9mm hollow point, but against a unarmored target, the 9mm hollow point will deal far more damage. Ammo types matters on fallout new vegas.

The unique lackluster thing is that they maintained the video game trope of shotguns being worthless past 20m when in reality, even without slugs, most shotguns has like 50m range with flechette or buckshot. And you can hit targets really far always with shotguns IRL

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
I completed the game on hardcore 4 times and all I can say is, you're remembering a much harder game than it actually is. Were you using difficulty mods? I found the ammo types negligable, I was actually pissed that I had to use a mod to get my 2 key unbound from change ammo type.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I completed the game on hardcore 4 times and all I can say is, you're remembering a much harder game than it actually is. Were you using difficulty mods? I found the ammo types negligable, I was actually pissed that I had to use a mod to get my 2 key unbound from change ammo type.

Well, A T-51b power armor which depending on your side you will gonna face a army with that type of armor, can give 31 DT. A battle rifle with normal .308 rounds can deal 48 (57.1 with all perks) damage. That is 17(48-31) damage only per shot or 8 damage if you are playing on very hard meaning that you will need dozens of shots to take out a BoS paladin. If you use .308 AP, you will gonna deal 0,95* 48-(31-15) since the AP round deals 95% damage but ignores 15 DR, or 29.6 damage, changing from normal .308 to armor piercing, increases your damage output by almost 2x vs this types of enemies. And in a DLC, i believe that there are armored robots with 40 DT. Anti materiel rifle has 110 damage. Even without armor piercing rounds, it will deal 79 damage per shot(110-31)

Animals without armor in other hands, my .45-70 Brush Gun can OHK then if i use hollow point but require 2 shots if i don't use.

Fallout 3 doesn't have DT meaning that the highest DPS gun is always the best gun regardless of the enemy armor... A 9mm SMG on fallout 3 would kill someone in power armor faster than a .308 battle rifle https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Damage_Threshold

-----------------------

And this is why flat amount damage reduction is better than damage reduction by percentage. You homogenize weapons/armor too much if your body armor can reduce 50% of the damage from a .22 LR silenced pistol or from a .50 BMG armor piercing incendiary

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
And this is why flat amount damage reduction is better than damage reduction by percentage.
Neither are better, they both have their uses and both do a good job at modeling different types of protection.
(DT = flat, DR = percentage)
e.g., in a fantasy game, plate armor would make sense to have high DT(especially against slashing type attacks) and some DR, with the gambeson worn under it providing a reasonable amount of DR and little to no DT.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom