Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Memoirs of a Battle Brothel - a NSFW Cyberpunk RPG

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Could you give an example or screenshot of what you mean by pixel model corruption?

GZ2ADKQ.jpg

Here. Maybe it's my rig, who knows.

That's new, and obviously not supposed to happen. I tested the itch.io version and it seems to be working on my end, but there's any number of reasons why you may be getting jumbled images. I'll send you a key for the steam version, maybe that will fix it.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'd prefer to see the bonuses of my picks without having to select, going back, pick other option, get back again, etc.etc, a clear view on the select screen on bonuses would streamline the experience immensely.
I second this suggestion.

FWIW, when I tried the Steam version of the original demo, I didn't get any of that bugginess. Haven't tried the latest release.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I'd prefer to see the bonuses of my picks without having to select, going back, pick other option, get back again, etc.etc, a clear view on the select screen on bonuses would streamline the experience immensely.
I second this suggestion.

FWIW, when I tried the Steam version of the original demo, I didn't get any of that bugginess. Haven't tried the latest release.

I'll try to implement that by the next version, shouldn't be too hard.

I also changed a lot of fundamental things with the newest version, like encryption (not something I personally care about, but something I'm required to do). Nothing that should corrupt the asset frames like that though.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Played the public demo

A bit of everything, I wrote this as I played

Took a look to the licence file. Why libs for IOs and Android? From the itch page, the download is windows-only.

Same remark as the others regarding the split between choice and benefit at character creation

Perhaps some bounds to the up/down movement of the camera might be a good idea.

BUM1JMl.png

Aku2XF1.png

On the equip page, I think it should be "pgd down to switch", it makes more sense than rotate.

Saving seems slow (a few seconds).

Moving in the up/down directions feel slower than moving left/right, but only in 2D & iso mods. In general, I'd say movement speed are too slow;

A limitation of the display modes: it seems like I should be able to move there, but I can't. In 2D, it's visible that the object is an armchair, so the problem isn't present.
Tf2nEL1.png

Perhaps auto end the turn once the moves and skill use are spent?

Some slowdown (stopped animation) during the battle when the enemies are taking their turn.

I'm not sold on having all the powers separated by their branch when selecting in the combat menu.

That dead bodies on the floor prevent movement should be perhaps made more explicit. Before trying to, I would have though I could step on that blood spatter.

Message speed is at two different places in the option menu (in general and text speed).

The lore dump on Progressive/Traditional guild factions felt like, well, a lore dump. Perhaps having different characters saying each part it would feel more natural.

It's possible to miss the conversation with Diana before going to bed the first night.

Not sure how I feel about the contrast between the low-poly animations and the character artwork. It might be better to stay with just text.

Where do I get information on what my rep with the different factions is? And perhaps stats like cha and per.

"Bulletproof works both ways" :D

For the planting a bug quest, perhaps it would have been better if the task wasn't the same for Skal and the Iron Cartel guy.

Not sure if that's intended, but I got wiped by the battle against the three Iron Cartel thugs when trying to plant the bug.

After talking with Tanka about the drug, it could have been interesting to be able to interrogate the cultist outside to check if he was telling the truth.

The small steps minor tasks is still present after lifting the mercantile freeze.

I'm not sure if the effort of having three different perspective is worth it, I mean you'd have to do a lot of work to have all the scenes looking good under all the perspective and most players will only play with one.

Other than those quibbles, it looks really good

Last edited:

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Played the public demo

A bit of everything, I wrote this as I played

Took a look to the licence file. Why libs for IOs and Android? From the itch page, the download is windows-only.

Same remark as the others regarding the split between choice and benefit at character creation

Perhaps some bounds to the up/down movement of the camera might be a good idea.

BUM1JMl.png

Aku2XF1.png

On the equip page, I think it should be "pgd down to switch", it makes more sense than rotate.

Saving seems slow (a few seconds).

Moving in the up/down directions feel slower than moving left/right, but only in 2D & iso mods. In general, I'd say movement speed are too slow;

A limitation of the display modes: it seems like I should be able to move there, but I can't. In 2D, it's visible that the object is an armchair, so the problem isn't present.
Tf2nEL1.png

Perhaps auto end the turn once the moves and skill use are spent?

Some slowdown (stopped animation) during the battle when the enemies are taking their turn.

I'm not sold on having all the powers separated by their branch when selecting in the combat menu.

That dead bodies on the floor prevent movement should be perhaps made more explicit. Before trying to, I would have though I could step on that blood spatter.

Message speed is at two different places in the option menu (in general and text speed).

The lore dump on Progressive/Traditional guild factions felt like, well, a lore dump. Perhaps having different characters saying each part it would feel more natural.

It's possible to miss the conversation with Diana before going to bed the first night.

Not sure how I feel about the contrast between the low-poly animations and the character artwork. It might be better to stay with just text.

Where do I get information on what my rep with the different factions is? And perhaps stats like cha and per.

"Bulletproof works both ways" :D

For the planting a bug quest, perhaps it would have been better if the task wasn't the same for Skal and the Iron Cartel guy.

Not sure if that's intended, but I got wiped by the battle against the three Iron Cartel thugs when trying to plant the bug.

After talking with Tanka about the drug, it could have been interesting to be able to interrogate the cultist outside to check if he was telling the truth.

The small steps minor tasks is still present after lifting the mercantile freeze.

I'm not sure if the effort of having three different perspective is worth it, I mean you'd have to do a lot of work to have all the scenes looking good under all the perspective and most players will only play with one.

Other than those quibbles, it looks really good

Thanks, detailed suggestions like this are immensely helpful. Unfortunately, most of my answers would be along the lines of "it's something I'll fix later."

Some of what you mentioned are bugs, others are working as intended, although it's something I would change later.

Some answers in random order:

- Blood splatter marks bodies in combat, and indicates that you cannot stand on them.

- Fighting the three Iron Cartel gangers is incredibly difficult, as they are seasoned street fighters and outnumber you.

- Minor tasks are still in your quest log because you did not talk to the quest giver after taking care of Tanka.

- Most of the work for the perspectives is already done, so it's not a huge effort anymore

- You can see your faction reputation and stats on the Character page of the Status tab

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
New Patron and public versions out.

Content Changelog:

v0.042 Patron Demo

-Finished introductory questline

-New explorable area

v0.042 Public Demo

-Additional quests

-Buildable facilities with activities

-New companion characters

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
This is from the public demo.

When putting in your name, the letter i is not aligned properly:
zANranW.png

Similar problem with the letter l and the letters w and m take too much space:
yNOE7Fd.png

When selecting appearance, if you cancel your first choice, you have to read through the text of "now select your appearance" that is slowly emerging. It would be better to just instantly go back to the list of types as players probably want to check them all out before picking one. In fact, for all of the character creation options, it would be better to show the options on the screen instead of forcing the player to pick one to see what it does.

During the introduction, a typo:
FOVwfLb.png

There is no way to disable the text box so I could admire the art whenever I want.

Zombra

Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
A toggle for the text box is a really nice feature a lot of games have. As a screenshot collector I always appreciate convenient options to temporarily disable UI.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Walking speed changes from level to level. In my own room, I dash pretty fast but outside, I crawl. Auto-dash is a good idea but I don't know whether it's an FPS issue or what. Slow walking speed is one of my pet peeves.

Being able to use one of the mouse buttons instead of X or Space or Enter would be good, then I could play this with only the mouse.

Mouse scroll wheel support in the menus would be grand. Alternatively, you could make the combat menus big enough that I could use the mouse to pick which option I want. I know it doesn't fit the SNES/Megadrive aesthetic you have going on here but if the combat system will remain the way it is, you have to find ways to make it faster and easier.

If you select No when your bedroom bed asks you to sleep, it asks twice more before accepting no as an answer.

When Kore appears in your bedroom, you might as well have the conversation start immediately. Since I cannot do anything else but talk to her, it's just a waste of time and an annoyance making me walk up to her and start the dialogue. There's a typo in her dialogue:
5zpMklQ.png

The sex scene animation is well done though the really low resolution is a bit irritating. After having sex with her the next day, the music in the guildhall stopped. Thanks for teleporting both down to the guildhall though, that's a good idea.

Zombra

Patron
I would love to have one button for "hurry up the text" and a DIFFERENT button for "skip to the next line". Think about it, won't you?

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I would love to have one button for "hurry up the text" and a DIFFERENT button for "skip to the next line". Think about it, won't you?

There kind of is. To fast forward through text messages, press PgDn. It has the unintended side effect of changing your camera perspective however.

Walking speed changes from level to level. In my own room, I dash pretty fast but outside, I crawl. Auto-dash is a good idea but I don't know whether it's an FPS issue or what. Slow walking speed is one of my pet peeves.

Being able to use one of the mouse buttons instead of X or Space or Enter would be good, then I could play this with only the mouse.

Mouse scroll wheel support in the menus would be grand. Alternatively, you could make the combat menus big enough that I could use the mouse to pick which option I want. I know it doesn't fit the SNES/Megadrive aesthetic you have going on here but if the combat system will remain the way it is, you have to find ways to make it faster and easier.

If you select No when your bedroom bed asks you to sleep, it asks twice more before accepting no as an answer.

When Kore appears in your bedroom, you might as well have the conversation start immediately. Since I cannot do anything else but talk to her, it's just a waste of time and an annoyance making me walk up to her and start the dialogue. There's a typo in her dialogue:
5zpMklQ.png

The sex scene animation is well done though the really low resolution is a bit irritating. After having sex with her the next day, the music in the guildhall stopped. Thanks for teleporting both down to the guildhall though, that's a good idea.

Thanks for the suggestions. I've been looking into why traversal is slow outside and my first thought is that it has something to do with FPS (it's not noticable at all except on my nongaming laptop), but I'll look into ways of fixing it, as it is annoying.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Shoop shoop shoop

$20 buy-in, seems ambitious. Good luck Tyranicon !

Thanks! Looks like this campaign is going better than the last one. The demo links on the kickstarter are also the latest public version, if anybody's interested.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
New demo version up.

v0.05 Demo

Content added:

-New (skippable) intro scene
-Complete first guild-related mission
-Additional guild upgrades
-Vastly expanded combat skills

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
There hasn't been an update yet I'm really proud for Tyranicon for meeting their goal and a few stretch goals. I hope we get to at least 150%, and I hope the development goes well. Looks like a game I'd enjoy a bunch.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
There hasn't been an update yet I'm really proud for Tyranicon for meeting their goal and a few stretch goals. I hope we get to at least 150%, and I hope the development goes well. Looks like a game I'd enjoy a bunch.
Thanks!

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Hey codex, it's been a while since I gave an update on the game here. The Kickstarter was a success, so that gave me a lot more options in building the game out and in the development process. Here's what's been added to the closed beta since my last big post here:

Closed beta version 0.06
  • +2 hours of content
  • Faction quests! 8 quests are currently playable (ranging from a SCP Foundation expy, a bunch of cyberpunk Batmans, generic hive city gang #3, and the standard morally ambiguous mercenaries).
  • All 9 companions fully implemented
  • Three new hub locations (Commercial District, Dockside, Cellerdown Market)
  • Fleshed out skill trees rather than static skills learned on leveling.
  • Four main skill trees with 8 specialty trees and 4 more planned (magic monk, drone summoner, druggie berserker, tech Punisher knockoff)
  • Various new enemies, combat encounters, battle arenas, etc
  • Pets! Buy a dog or cat, or even giant mutant pugs
  • Hold meetings with your companions
  • New Guild Hall upgrades
  • Change your/companion classes
  • More that I probably forgot.
You can get access to the closed beta here: https://www.patreon.com/amemoryofeternity

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Not all the hookers in the game are "actively" working though
Sane people don't date or marry hookers for the same reason sane people don't eat food they found on the side of the road.

Also, you don't pay a hooker to have sex wit her, you pay her to leave.

It's always sad to see someone romanticize human trafficking and pretend there's some sophistication and mystique to women whoring themselves out (or being whored out).

lefthandblack

Arcane
Of all the possible things you could have done, you choose to make a game where you "romance" whores that you also pimp out.

I hope pandering to cucks sells.

There has never been a pimp in the history of the universe that has said, "Love ya' baby!" to one of his whores and meant it. Women are dumb, tell them what they want to hear and they do what you want.

It's why the dumb cunt with two black eyes says, "But he loves me!"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom