Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wizardry The Wizardry Series Thread

Dungeon Lord

Scholar
Wizardry 6

I cannot drop or sell the Chrome Keys (3 pieces).
Do I need them? Or I have to keep them in my inventory til the end of the game as annoying trash?
I can drop Copper and Iron keys.

AArmanFV

Arbiter
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
The Iron Keys are useful if you don't have the skill to unlock a door or you jammed the thing but don't wanna reload. The chrome keys are necessary indeed, but I won't spoil you.

gman42

Scholar
IIRC all the doors that take the chrome keys are pickable, but they're necessary rooms to visit, so I guess the game marks the keys as essential so you can't make the game unwinnable by jamming them and then dropping/not taking the keys.

If you picked all those locks then you're stuck with the keys.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Listened to the second part of They Create Worlds podcast on Sir-Tech, they talked a bit about the lawsuits, and glossed over Stones of Arnhem in one or two sentences, which isn't surprising. Otherwise pretty good podcast, been listening to some other episodes and they've been pretty good too.

overly excitable young man

So why is the stupid fucking level 2 spiral allowed to be in Wiz1 and its still somehow a good game?
If modern games would do these things you would wet your diapers!

You Hypocrites! Y'all make me sick!

HOW DARE YOU!? HOW DARE YOU!? DISGUSTING! DISGUSTING! YOU JUST ABUSED A WOMAN!!!

jQbE9Ts.png

This fucking thing, you morons!

Casual Hero

Augur
Right, so what I do when I need to go down to level 3 is I press the forward key every time I want my party to move. It takes all of 10 seconds.

Retard in the shitbox - Esteemed gentleman in the thread

Play the game when you have so much fun instead of talking crap in a chatbox!

Last edited by a moderator:

Advanced Hero triggers me. He doesnt want to play the fucking game but pretends that he likes it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Casual Hero

Augur
Wow, so I just beat Wizardry: Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord. I have a lot of thoughts on this, so I'm going to write up a review/post-game thoughts soon. Feels good!
XobGrsg.png

Dungeon Lord

Scholar
First in my life I have to resurrect a character in Wizardry 6. What a shame. :decline: During the 4th play through. I always sell the resurrect things for money.
My bard was poisoned by a trapped chest. And I, a fool, saved before the rest. It was a high-level poison and my bard died in no time.
You can have only one save in Wiz6.
Nevertheless it was interesting to find and buy a resurrect scroll. I had no idea what to do.

AArmanFV

Arbiter
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Also at the beginning you have the ring of life, but you probably sold it.

Has anyone here managed to obtain and run Llylgamyn Saga?

In the thread was an user who had the game, I don't know if he manged to run it though. I wonder if it was released before 2000, because MS-DOS/Windows was different in Japan (at least when the PC-98 was still in the market).

Last edited:

gman42

Scholar
Uh, you find an Ankh of Life very early which have several charges of Resurrect.

He probably had sold it already, as he mentioned. I always do as well, way more important to be able to afford pretty much whatever you want from Queequeg and equip properly at that stage of the game IMO.

Dungeon Lord

Scholar
My party slipped and fell at the mountain. I tried 20 times but no good.
What should I do? There is no climbing skill in Wizardry 6.
Never mind. I managed to climb up after writing this post. :)

Casual Hero

Augur
If I remember correctly, it's just random chance. You just have to save first, and then keep trying until you don't fall and die. *game design* haha

Dungeon Lord

Scholar
If I remember correctly, it's just random chance. You just have to save first, and then keep trying until you don't fall and die. *game design* haha
Levitate spell can save you from taking damage.

What about lockpicking?
Only the Skullduggery skill counts?
Or have to be a thief/bard/etc class?
Is important the current level of the thief character?

I class changed Thief->Mage and suddenly having problem with the chest traps.

moleman

Arbiter
Patron
...I class changed Thief->Mage and suddenly having problem with the chest traps...

Happened to me too, but "knock-knock" spell is your friend.

Seems that some "skills" are connected to a certain class. For example only a bard can use instruments in Wiz 6.
If you change him to another class he can't use instruments despite having high music skill.
And only thieves seem to be good with "inspect" of chest traps.

I believe that changed in Wiz 7 but I am not sure.

Dungeon Lord

Scholar
What does it mean "dag nab it"?
It means "Fuck this shit!" ?? :smug:

I bought the GOG version. But they have not corrected the carry capacity bug. Can I use the Cosmic Forge editor to correct CC?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom