Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Aurora C#

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Zt79Wli.png

Incantatar

Cipher
Fucking excellent. How buggy is it? Will wait a bit and hope it'll work fine on Linux.

Took my first dive in Aurora with this and it's been excellent so far. Figuring out the basics like how to design and build ships (where are the engines!? Oh I need to design them too first... ), how to send out automated survey ships and how that time increment system works and is supposed to be used (the last one's a bit mystery still)

With some space ambient on, the audiovisuals are good enough to satisfy my inner graphics whore. The Win2000-era office program looks of the old Aurora were bit too much.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Version 1.8.0 is out and while major bugs are squashed, there are still few things around that require DB to be updated. So version 1.9.0 is coming, probably this weekend.

Fingers crossed that it won't have any big issues so I can finally start my mega-campaign.

In the race window I can see how many junior officers and regular crew members my academies train each year, and adjust that. In ship design window I can designate some models to use conscript crews, so they don't take those (possibly) limited trained crew members. (Mining stations seem to require massive crews for example.) But I can't find anywhere the number of currently available trained crew members. Is that feature even in yet?

Hmm, ok. Sounds weird though if I can instantly adjust the numbers available.

Is there a convenient way to see how much I'm currently using?

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Anything that is shown on the Race window is AFTER all your current ships and stations have been populated. If you're really worried about it, use Conscript for commercial ships as crew grade doesn't matter to them at all.

If you really need to know how many souls you've sent into space, you'll have to do it manually by counting together the crews of all your ships/stations.

Also, version 1.9.5 is out.

urmom

Learned
Wow, this game is so hardcore it doesn't even have a website. (I wasn't able to locate any graphics either. I should be able to run this on my laptop.)

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
There are no graphics, not really. It's a bunch of line graphs. that's why it's called Excel in Space.

Version 1.11.0 is out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom