Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Official Codex Chess Tournament

Will you participate in a Codex Chess Tournament?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Poseidon00

Arcane
Count me in.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
I already mentioned I was down but wanted to specify standard correspondence, fwiw.

grimace

Arcane
I'll play. Where are we doing it?

I already mentioned I was down but wanted to specify standard correspondence, fwiw.

This is the thread to plan chess tournaments.

Let's take a look at https://lichess.org/signup :

Computers and computer-assisted players are not allowed to play. Please do not get assistance from chess engines, databases, or from other players while playing. Also note that making multiple accounts is strongly discouraged and excessive multi-accounting will lead to being banned.
By registering, you agree to be bound by our Terms of Service.
  • I agree that I will at no time receive assistance during my games (from a chess computer, book, database or another person).
  • I agree that I will always be nice to other players.
  • I agree that I will not create multiple accounts.
  • I agree that I will follow all Lichess policies.

Registering a username at lichess has different terms of service than RPG Codex.

It will be impossible for all players to use the same username on both services (this forum and lichess).

We'll assemble a list to match Codex posters and their Lichess usernames.

Nahel

Arcane
Could be fun, if done on a relatively fast game time. No hours long game for me....

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
OT, but Retro Recipes is extremely disturbing to me. He doesn't look like shit. He's actually handsome in a non gay way. His wife is pretty hot. He has humor, is good at what he does, and is not an arrogant jerk.

This is a youtube/retrogaming anomaly.

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
You sign up. You create a group and then a private tournament and then you people in the group can join to it and set a start time or have start when a designated amount of people have signed up. You can play in groups where you play everyone in your group as both black and white and then have so many move to the next round until someone wins. They have a variety of options and time control. Also chess 960.

You can also select daily tournaments if you want to play where you have to make one move a day or whatever. They also have a decent but not great phone app.

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Make a chess.com account and join this club. https://www.chess.com/club/codex-chess-club

I can set up tournaments both live and daily and you can set up matches against each other once you are in. When you request access just send me your Codex username so I know you posted in this thread.

Let's get it on! I was thinking a daily tournament of 24 hours a move to start and then as we get members we can set up blitz, rapid or whatever time control we want for Codex related chess tourneys where we play live.

and 8 others

Savant
Signed up on the chess.com group started by Country_Gravy, but given the choice would prefer lichess.

Generic-Giant-Spider

strolls on by in his Chevrolet Caprice 1988, puts down tinted window and lifts his Bret Hitman Hart looking sunglasses

HAHAHAHA

Hey NEEERDS. How's your little NEEERD gathering going? What's this? A Chess club? Oh you want to play Chess? Hahahaha, would -love- to join such a stimulating time but according to my Dick Tracy watch I'm going to be late to my Magic the Gathering event. Yeah, got this sweet new deck I sold my mom's wedding ring to construct, heh. Sorry, would love to sit here with you NERDS and NERD it up but I gotta play a game with real skill. Hey, look at the bright side... at least you can say for once in your lives you actually TOOK A QUEEN! HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Alexa, play Last Resort.

speeds off with Papa Roach blaring

Cael

Arcane
strolls on by in his Chevrolet Caprice 1988, puts down tinted window and lifts his Bret Hitman Hart looking sunglasses

HAHAHAHA

Hey NEEERDS. How's your little NEEERD gathering going? What's this? A Chess club? Oh you want to play Chess? Hahahaha, would -love- to join such a stimulating time but according to my Dick Tracy watch I'm going to be late to my Magic the Gathering event. Yeah, got this sweet new deck I sold my mom's wedding ring to construct, heh. Sorry, would love to sit here with you NERDS and NERD it up but I gotta play a game with real skill. Hey, look at the bright side... at least you can say for once in your lives you actually TOOK A QUEEN! HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Alexa, play Last Resort.

speeds off with Papa Roach blaring
Nope. The MtG reference didn't clue them in. You failed. Try again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom