Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer 2

Skaven are going to be a bit more intensive than regular since they have hordes of units (especially with how certain campaign skaven factions literally run around with 4 stacks of skavenslaves - over 10,000 models potentially). Aside from that the game is mostly a side grade in graphics.

Neroon

Novice
going on a hunch, you probably have a better card than i do, so don't worry. the real killers are loading times (even with an excellent ssd) and turn times on mortal map, which some patches ago could take even 2-3 minutes but they've been improved by some later patch but i don't know by how much.
Yikes, sounds like whether my graphics card is good enough or not I should consider another RTW2 campaign instead. Found a new mod to try out, but by then I had just started my first PFKM playthrough. Thx for the info at any rate!

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
going on a hunch, you probably have a better card than i do, so don't worry. the real killers are loading times (even with an excellent ssd) and turn times on mortal map, which some patches ago could take even 2-3 minutes but they've been improved by some later patch but i don't know by how much.
Yikes, sounds like whether my graphics card is good enough or not I should consider another RTW2 campaign instead. Found a new mod to try out, but by then I had just started my first PFKM playthrough. Thx for the info at any rate!

The end turn times were horrific pre-patch in TW:WH, since that patch they completely nuked them with some crazy computer voodoo so takes like 20-30 seconds now. I do have install on an SSD of course so YMMV.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
turn times on mortal map, which some patches ago could take even 2-3 minutes but they've been improved by some later patch but i don't know by how much.
That patch was what made me return to the game.
It's not even comparable to before the patch, really.
Even later in the game, for me the turn time isn't more than 20-30 seconds or so and early game is maybe 10 seconds :lol:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
turn times on mortal map, which some patches ago could take even 2-3 minutes but they've been improved by some later patch but i don't know by how much.
Even later in the game, for me the turn time isn't more than 20-30 seconds or so and early game is maybe 10 seconds :lol:
is the lighting still washed out though?

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
is the lighting still washed out though?

It's better but not completely fixed.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
thesheeep what "what"?

https://forums.totalwar.com/discuss...esses-up-old-world-models-and-custom-textures

XivRvPW.png

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ah, okay.
Well... couldn't have told you, either way.
I don't usually have time on the battlefield to inspect if my troops are properly lighted :lol:

AwesomeButton

Patron
It really ruined TW:WH2 for me. The first TW:WH looked amazing on the campaign map, and WH2 was suddenly with washed out lights and low-res textures in the jungle.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Clipboard02.jpg

Malus Vortex campaign on H/H. It was exceedingly easy however. Tz'arkan is pretty much a bitch now. The Southlands are so full of factions that you can swoop in and do whatever, then just sit out your victory with a couple of places that give scrolls.

Hmm, never tried malus in vortex really. Let me start up a game and play a bit...

kRwn2eO.png

AFE8qVQ.png

>tfw literally ambushed by over 9000 rats on turn 9. From a minor faction too.

Olinser

Savant
Hmm, never tried malus in vortex really. Let me start up a game and play a bit...

kRwn2eO.png

AFE8qVQ.png

>tfw literally ambushed by over 9000 rats on turn 9. From a minor faction too.

Meh, it's all trash skavenslaves. And Clan Moulder isn't considered a minor faction.

How do you managed to get 9 shades at turn 9?

Delete starting building on ark (its useless and only makes all other buildings cost more growth)->upgrade tier 2->shade building.

Meh, it's all trash skavenslaves. And Clan Moulder isn't considered a minor faction.

Even trash skavenslaves are kinda decent in melee in VH battle difficulty (and mass slingers still hurt like hell). Their lords aren't too shabby vs. Malus either. Thankfully their leadership is shit so you can chain-rout them with bolts and the chariots then use the cavalry to pursue.

I thought all non-playable factions were considered minor?

View attachment 13390

Malus Vortex campaign on H/H. It was exceedingly easy however. Tz'arkan is pretty much a bitch now. The Southlands are so full of factions that you can swoop in and do whatever, then just sit out your victory with a couple of places that give scrolls.

BTW where did you put all your slaves?

Last edited:

kris

Arcane
I discovered even another bug. currently engineers "+ range" bonus don't work. I just started up a game as skaven.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I discovered even another bug. currently engineers "+ range" bonus don't work. I just started up a game as skaven.
The game is really buggy atm, you also can't really attack things standing on top of the gate in sieges.

A horse of course

The game is really buggy atm, you also can't really attack things standing on top of the gate in sieges.

That's been there for at least a year or so. I believe it was broken in a patch that was meant to fix an older Siege bug. The biggest bug - units dropping orders - has been there since Warhammer 1 and they stopped trying to fix it, now pretending that it's a feature (units changing target when they make melee contact...except they drop orders when making melee contact with the same unit they were originally meant to attack if that unit disengages from melee i.e. any skirmish or routing unit).

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
You do have to wonder what they were doing to even cause some of those bugs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom