Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

urmom

Learned
Is there going to be a femshep for this game? Pfffffffft the male PC is lame-o.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.vg247.com/2020/06/07/cyberpunk-2077-xbox-one-x-hidden-message/

The Cyberpunk 2077 Xbox One X has a hidden message revealed with UV light

Eagle-eyed fans were quick to realize that the official Cyberpunk 2077 Xbox One X has a hidden message that can only be revealed with UV light.

The news comes from Reddit, where one of the many players who pre-ordered the official Cyberpunk 2077 Xbox One X shared a neat little detail they found on the back of the console.

At the back of the console, the words Uniform, Victor, Mike, and Echo are inscribed as a list of four, with the first letter of each word being heavily emphasized. On one hand, you might recognize these as the words representing their corresponding letters in the NATO alphabet. However, if you look a little closer, you’ll notice that the letters spell out, “UVME” – something players took as “UV ME,” or an invitation to shine an ultraviolet light on the area in question.

uvme-445x600.jpg

So, that’s what this particular Redditor did. After using an ultraviolet pen to shine UV light on the UVME section, they noticed a hidden message scrawled across the console. Some fans were upset that it has nothing to do with the potential of a Cyberpunk 2077 ARG (alternate reality game), in which the game begins to weave real-world aspects into its virtual story. However, others enthused over what amounts to quite a refreshing message from CD Projekt Red itself.

“There is indeed a hidden message but I think it’s better than something for the ARG,” writes Redditor Eversmans037. “It reads: ‘many languages, one message,’ and thank you in I think 15 languages.” It was later revealed by a commenter that these are the languages Cyberpunk 2077 will be made available in at launch.

You can check out two photos of the hidden message under ultraviolet light below, sourced from the Imgur post linked by the Reddit user who initially shared the detail.

cyberpunk-xbox-one-x-445x600.jpeg
cyberpunk-xbox-one-x-1-445x600.jpeg

passerby

Arcane
And more about cyberspace:
"..and especially what will be possible in this Cyberspace when it comes to depth and features, because the Cyberspace in Cyberpunk 2020 is a bit like Skyrim meets Tron. There are weapons like in a phantasy RPG. That u can summon someone who burns out an evil hacker. He scorches his brain and the hacker topples over. Or that you throw fireballs and block them with shields. So it sounds like a phantasy-RPG in a high-tech environment."

They could just rip off TRON 2.0 and it'd be glorious, but we will get jRPG summons instead.

Dodo1610

Arcane
And more about cyberspace:
"..and especially what will be possible in this Cyberspace when it comes to depth and features, because the Cyberspace in Cyberpunk 2020 is a bit like Skyrim meets Tron. There are weapons like in a phantasy RPG. That u can summon someone who burns out an evil hacker. He scorches his brain and the hacker topples over. Or that you throw fireballs and block them with shields. So it sounds like a phantasy-RPG in a high-tech environment."

They could just rip off TRON 2.0 and it'd be glorious, but we will get jRPG summons instead.

But now that we have summons we can all agree that Cyberpunk 2077 is a RPG amirite lads?

Zer0wing

Cipher
But now that we have summons we can all agree that Cyberpunk 2077 is a RPG amirite lads?
It's a JRPG!

Jokes aside, cyberspace summons is a substantional upgrade from Shadowrun games from gameplay standpoint, tbh.

Echo Mirage

Arcane
The Sega version of Shadowrun had an interesting turn based RPG version of cyberspace I recall. But beyond that I can't think of anything that really did anything interesting with the idea.

NullFlow

Savant
CDPR's senior quest designer said the translation about summoning creatures for combat in cyberspace is incorrect, writing, "The main thing is that this description of cyberspace was actually one of us talking about how it worked in Mike Pondsmith's Cyberpunk 2020, so we weren't talking about Cyberpunk 2077's features at that point". I'd be careful with information that isn't in English for this game, because mistranslations and sheer bullshit seem to seep in far too frequently. Unless I get a source beyond one redditor citing a podcast supposedly hidden behind a paywall no one else has mentioned or managed to translate accurately (details like this would probably be reported from an English media source), I'm considering the rest of that post unverified, repeating old information or riddled with bullshit. I can even remember some of the points like about the openness of the quest design being repeated in previous interviews, so some of it isn't a new revelation.

jf8350143

Liturgist
Around three month before release and still no marketing push.

Also they still haven't introduce any character other than Keanu.

Did CDPR run low on budget or something?

Perkel

Arcane
Around three month before release and still no marketing push.
Also they still haven't introduce any character other than Keanu.
Did CDPR run low on budget or something?

Me thinks they don't want to start marketing campaign until they know for 100% game is ready. Especially not after that delay from before where they had partners doing stuff for them and all of that was wasted.

Me also thinks that they are working on next gen port to launch game on both current and next gen.

The final point is that CDPR probably realized that they are big boys and end of the year spot usually is reserved for biggest hitters which sells the most copies due to christmas and all of that.

Harthwain

Magister
Me thinks they don't want to start marketing campaign until they know for 100% game is ready. Especially not after that delay from before where they had partners doing stuff for them and all of that was wasted.
In addition to the above, they could be preparing for the marketing push 4 weeks before the release. After all the majority of people are already conscious about CP77 and are expecting it. What CDPR really needs is broadcast the release date. Maybe throw in a few more short gameplay trailers to spike the hype, so people rush in to buy the game ASAP.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
You really think CP2077 lacks awareness at this stage?

Lol.

CP2077 is probably THE most hyped game of 2020 on all platforms.

Nah nigga, the game is gon sell like a naked thot on an island full of rapists.

The marketing push will happen soon anyway.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom