Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Is divinity 2 ego draconis worth playing?

I never got into this game unfortunately. It somehow always gave me that feeling of playing with toys: The stiff character movements and animations, the overall appearance of the world, everything felt so strangely plastic-like and non-organic to me. What I found interesting though was the dragon part, it was impressive to see the world from above (not being able to use my dragon powers to annihilate my foes on the ground was underwhelming though). A strange game for me, I tried to replay it from time to time but never got very far.

Citizen

So far it's a mixed bag. I love the level design with a lot of vertical exploration and secrets, not many RPGs do that (really only Elex), I love the amount of optional content that is kinda hidden from the player at first glance, but slowly unfolds through exploration (basically every NPC has a shitton of skeletons in a closet and quests that you can only access by stumbling on something exploring the other side of the map). Combat is pretty horrible, but has very fun skills (polymorphing stronger enemies into ladybugs to buy you some time to clear their minions is very fun). Visuals are mostly fugly, but some places like crypts and goblin lairs are surprisingly atmospheric. Characters are mostly just over the top comedic, but it fits with the game tone

Overall it's pretty good if you're an explorefag and can stomach the combat

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
No. There are at least 10000 better games to choose from if you have nothing else to do. I mean, why do this to yourself? Game was mediocre even at the day of its release. No one cared about it because it was shit, the only thing it had was the semi-AAA graphics.

I don't understand why people spend their valuable time on earth looking for obscure niche trash to play. Just mod Skyrim.

DraQ

Arcane
No. There are at least 10000 better games to choose from if you have nothing else to do. I mean, why do this to yourself? Game was mediocre even at the day of its release. No one cared about it because it was shit, the only thing it had was the semi-AAA graphics.
I don't understand why people spend their valuable time on earth looking for obscure niche trash to play.
'Tards. 'Tards never change.
Just mod Skyrim.
I do. And?

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded

I don't understand why people spend their valuable time on earth looking for obscure niche trash to play. Just mod Skyrim.
A game doesnt havet be a 10/10 to be enjoyable you stupid dipshit.
And skyrim is ten times more bland.
What a fuckin idiot.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
What a fuckin idiot.

It has. Life is short. There is not time to waste in mediocre games. There are places to visit, girlfriends to fuck, buildings to build, fortunes to amass! So many things to do. So when you waste time to play games, you need to only play the best available.

In other words: Skyrim, YOUR favourite game too, though you won't admit it. Just show us your Steam profile, and no photoshop and other shenanigans!

Varnaan

Augur
It's a good game if you don't mind third person action combat, considering people here like the shit show that Witcher 3 is it shouldn't be a problem.
It's even better if you contextualize it with Divine Divinity, Beyond Divinity and the making off that show how much publishers screwed with Larian.

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
What a fuckin idiot.

It has. Life is short. There is not time to waste in mediocre games. There are places to visit, girlfriends to fuck, buildings to build, fortunes to amass! So many things to do. So when you waste time to play games, you need to only play the best available.

In other words: Skyrim, YOUR favourite game too, though you won't admit it. Just show us your Steam profile, and no photoshop and other shenanigans!
I am not wasting time if i am enjoying it you dumb piece of shit. Divinity 2 is not just mediocre either. Its a gem to play and simply rought around the edges.
And who is saying i have not played the best games available already?
What a clown.

Incendax

Augur
Yes and no. There are some really great moments in the game and many novel ideas. It's also pretty funny. But there are many parts that are slow and completely forgettable, and the cut content is glaringly obvious.

Give it a try. If you like it, great. If you don't, then stop playing.

Citizen

It's sooooooo addictive. The game is janky af, many crashes when you do some unexpected shit (travel to late-game locations before doing necessary quests, dying in the middle of certain actions and so on. Feels like they barely tested it), combat is a mess and there's completely ZERO balance between different skills. Fighter's skills have terrible RNG (10% chance to proc some effect on a 20sec cooldown skill? GTFO loool) with the only upside being the damage scaling from your weapon damage stat, while mage and ranger have OP flat damage skills and can CC chain for days. Most of the skills are just one-point wonders that barely increase their effectiveness with additional investment, so you can just dip your character into them and PWN. My pure fighter was struggling, now I respecced him into a summoner + archer and I can mow down mooks without trying.

Yet I still keep sinking hours into it because the world is great, quests, dungeons and puzzles are entertaining. It's like ELEX with its insane amount of vertical exploration, but instead of using a jetpack you shapeshift into a dragon. And being a dragon is INCLINE

Zlaja

Arcane
Make sure you're playing the Dragon Knight Saga version of the game. It includes the expansion and has somewhat upgraded visuals.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
This game is very fun, yeah. It's kind of simple but like Divinity 1 it has charm which is kind of the most important part.

Original Sin loses that charm I think, tried too hard. I think they got encouraged too much by that RTS and went too far, I hope BG3 dials it back.

deama

Prophet
I believe one of the newer re-releases of the game (developer's cut) added a "developer cheat panel" that allows you to enable dragon morphing at any point in the game, however I'm not sure if you can make it so ground enemies don't disappear, is that possible? Anyone tried it?

JDR13

Arcane
It's almost worth playing for the soundtrack alone. Kirill Pokrovsky was a great composer, and Divinity II has some really fantastic tracks.

Falksi

Arcane

You've really undone yourself here.

You see, I always just had you down as a more popamoley, consoley type gamer who appreciated Skyrim and games of it's ilk because that's how you're wired. I'm not of your level of Popafagness, but I am definitely one of the Codex's more console/popamole inclined posters, so can appreciate that angle.

But to praise Skyrim, yet slate this? I mean, WTF? I seriously can't think of anything which Skyrim does better than D2:TDKS, other than mod support.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I abandoned this game when I got to the fortress and could become a dragon, I think. Around there anyway. If I recall correctly my main issue was stiff movement and combat? I remember a lot of awkward jumping. One of those "maybe try it again someday..." games along with Gothic 3 and Venetica.

catfood

AGAIN
I abandoned this game when I got to the fortress and could become a dragon, I think. Around there anyway. If I recall correctly my main issue was stiff movement and combat? I remember a lot of awkward jumping. One of those "maybe try it again someday..." games along with Gothic 3 and Venetica.
Did you play a melee character?

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
You've really undone yourself here.

You see, I always just had you down as a more popamoley, consoley type gamer who appreciated Skyrim and games of it's ilk because that's how you're wired. I'm not of your level of Popafagness, but I am definitely one of the Codex's more console/popamole inclined posters, so can appreciate that angle.

But to praise Skyrim, yet slate this? I mean, WTF? I seriously can't think of anything which Skyrim does better than D2:TDKS, other than mod support.

Every single thing is done better in Skyrim. Every single thing. If you seriously can't think of anything, it is just your need to fit in with the crowd here. Plenty of years of RPGCODEX propaganda have brainwashed you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom