Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Tell me hwhat fanboys, if I make 2 fighters and present the AI one of them, it lock onto him and then I pull it around the second fighter - will it continue running around locked on and eat AoO?
You're not impressing anyone here. Your inability to get past the prologue on hard is not indicative of "Poor AI".

Sykar

Arcane
The game has a crappy UI and usability and a retarded, exploitable AI - wchih jumped at me in the first fucking encounter!
Yeah, I'm one of the fanboys but this is true. The UI is serviceable, but it's ugly and poorly designed. However It's still a minor flaw and doesn't ruin the game at all, in my opinion. The AI is as dumb as it gets and the game even tells you that with its loading tips, but the game still manages to be fun and challenging at times. Fortunately, Wrath of the Righteous should improve it noticeably.

I would call it plain not ugly though.

Darko

Educated
Enemies have a chance to switch targets each round, and it seems to happen much more often on unfair. In a few rare cases they will chase one char until one of them is dead.

Found this gem behind a diplomacy check on Amiri. English is a bit unfortunate in that it requires clarification.
0H3Blkg.jpg

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Just curious, has anyone else tried the Races Unleashed mod? I've got a Drow Necromancer on the go atm for a Lawful Evil run.

They have special traits, their own paper doll and everything! (Included: Dhampir, Drow, Duergar, Hobgoblin, Fetchling, Suli, Ganzi.)

Sykar

Arcane
Not to mention that archers will often switch priority to targets with lower AC on unfair. But hey. let's not let that get in the way of our narrative. Game bad!

I see it regularly even in act 1. Skeletons, especially champions, and zombies, also champions, love to switch targets after a few rounds, sometimes even right away.

Just curious, has anyone else tried the Races Unleashed mod? I've got a Drow Necromancer on the go atm for a Lawful Evil run.

They have special traits, their own paper doll and everything! (Included: Dhampir, Drow, Duergar, Hobgoblin, Fetchling, Suli, Ganzi.)

Yes I am planning to do a Dhampir and Fetchling build, though not sure yet what classes to pick. Fetchlings biggest drawback is that it does not get any attribute bonus.

trimethylsilyl

Educated
What the fuck is the deal with the Autumn/Summer Golems' rolls? I just saw them roll natural 20 on all Reflex and Fortitude save rolls - consistently. After googling, it seems others have noticed that as well. Is this a feature or a bug?

On a slightly related note, I really dislike the House at the Edge of Time. Up until this chapter I really loved this game (as in one of the best games I've ever played), but now I'm just annoyed and losing my patience. It's not that it's difficult (I like difficult RPGs), it's just the sudden massive change in difficulty, as well a shitload of really long, boring encounters.

Yosharian

Arcane
What the fuck is the deal with the Autumn/Summer Golems' rolls? I just saw them roll natural 20 on all Reflex and Fortitude save rolls - consistently. After googling, it seems others have noticed that as well. Is this a feature or a bug?

On a slightly related note, I really dislike the House at the Edge of Time. Up until this chapter I really loved this game (as in one of the best games I've ever played), but now I'm just annoyed and losing my patience. It's not that it's difficult (I like difficult RPGs), it's just the sudden massive change in difficulty, as well a shitload of really long, boring encounters.
It could be that they have 'roll twice, take the best result' on their saves, not sure why they would have that though

trimethylsilyl

Educated
It could be that they have 'roll twice, take the best result' on their saves, not sure why they would have that though
That still doesn't make sense, as I literally saw 20 natural 20 rolls in a row (4 golems, 5 spells with Fortitude and Reflex saves), also I didn't see that ability while inspecting them

Crichton

Prophet

I've seen several sources claim that it represents some defense that plants have in P&P. Not being a P&P Pathfinder player, I can't confirm that. Obviously the game should explain WTF is going on regardless.

Yosharian

Arcane
Immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, morale effects, patterns, and phantasms).
Immunity to paralysis, poison, polymorph, sleep effects, and stunning.
Plants breathe and eat, but do not sleep.
So my question would be, what are you casting on them

trimethylsilyl

Educated

I've seen several sources claim that it represents some defense that plants have in P&P. Not being a P&P Pathfinder player, I can't confirm that. Obviously the game should explain WTF is going on regardless.
That's informative, and it makes sense - but they for sure weren't spell effects that were listed in the Inspect menu. I agree with your last sentence though, it's weird that the devs makes a point to explain everything via the Inspect menu, but then suddenly stop doing that for certain enemies.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
If they want to officially add TB mode better rewrite their AI behavior because it doesn't work at all with the mod. They still retardedly bum rush you every time which is an issue because they can't calculate attack range, they can't calculate movement range, they don't consider action economy at all which makes the game stupidly easy. They don't work with each other (this is less an issue in RtwP, e.g. where rogue and fighter ended arriving more or less at the same time in RtwP they will walk willingly into your position to die one by one in TB). They walk through CC spells like in real-time while players fine-tune their movement.

And make the player and AI are capable of using the same tools (Delay, 5 feet movement to full attack abuse, precise positioning). If those tools are not available to AI then it should not be available to players.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Finally made it to an interesting place in first (and probably last for now) modded playthrough.

MC is Aldori Defender/Swordlord Disarming tank/stud with everyone else having builds tailored to attack the specific weaknesses of the principal threats of each Chapter.

Here we have Linzi Bard to attack Will (will have Sorc splash later), Amiri Freebooter to swing Trollreaper and boost team (will have Greater Bull Rush soon to proc AoOs), Harrim Warpriest to tank and focus on Dirty Trick:Blind, Ekun for Devourer and Okbo using CotW to boost his Trips, and Jewb to buff everyone, here giving Harrim True Strike to land his Dirty Trick. That was the plan anyway.

Stunning Barrier Hargulka.jpg

Harrim's 42 AC just not enough against big Hargulka blows, but Stunning Barrier doing its work. It stays on until it works so is a nice spell on tanks. He also had Resinous Skin from Jewb (that's the Reflex save).

Hargulka debuff.jpg

Once Hargulka is Stunned he didn't have much of a chance, but really if any of these CMs hit he's toast, and Linzi adds insult to injury landing Overwhelming Grief as well. Her DC is already 19 and will be mid20s or more by midgame. Harrim's True Strike ran out by the time he got to attack but 29 CMB at level 8 will usually get the job done anyway.

MC Swordlord Tartuk.jpg

+36 AB at level 8 pretty solid and 35 damage not too shabby either. Will be able to get Image from Shared Spells in time for VTomb. Looking forward to Disarming a bunch of Zombie Giants.

Darko

Educated
Recently finished VTomb on unfair, the whole chapter is made trivial by mass heal scrolls.
Money is not a problem, still got 800k well before Rushlight.

Last edited:

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Recently finished VTomb on unfair, the whole chapter is made trivial by mass heal scrolls.

Where you have got Mass Heal scrolls? Iirc they are not sold anywhere at this point in the unmodded game.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

Where you have got mass heal scrolls? Iirc they are not sold anywhere at this point in the unmodded game.

His Octavia is (at least) lvl 14 so that could have something to do with it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom