Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Europa Universalis IV

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I tried watching that feature break down but those two retards are really shit at it lol. At least DDRJake was using the console and showing all the shit in older updates. Those two cunts are just playing Bohemia lol.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

female generals, you say? B)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
THE Caliphate ROLF!!!!

Geeee i am looking forward to playing with THE Empire or THE Kingdom.

What those lazy fucks did in the last year,fingering each other in the ass???? Fucking lazy retarded cunts!

Well, "the Caliphate" was originally a well-defined entity: the union of the entire Islamic world. Once you unify all Islamic communities under your leadership, you are the only legitimate caliph.

k8bm82xyn3x31.jpg

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

THE Caliphate ROLF!!!!

What those lazy fucks did in the last year,fingering each other in the ass???? Fucking lazy retarded cunts!

Well, "the Caliphate" was originally a well-defined entity: the union of the entire Islamic world. Once you unify all Islamic communities under your leadership, you are the only legitimate caliph.

:hmmm:
Ahhh the Caliphate is a divine muslim empire,it is a type of government,not country in itself. There were quite a few Caliphates and not all of them ruled over all of that land. Naming it just the Caliphate is beyond retarded at best lol. At very least they should have made it that you take the dynastical name of the ruler that made it and use it as a name for the Caliphate since the caliphates are dynasty named and not land named like kingdoms or empires. In reality only people having the blood line of Muhammad could be caliph. They could have made something interesting with bloodlines and protecting the dynasty and trying to get married with higher tier bloodlines......but sadly paradox are laxy gits. Fuck i know very little about kebabs and their land,culture and believes.....but i still know that much lol.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron

THE Caliphate ROLF!!!!

:hmmm:
Ahhh the Caliphate is a divine muslim empire,it is a type of government,not country in itself. There were quite a few Caliphates and not all of them ruled over all of that land. Naming it just the Caliphate is beyond retarded at best lol. At very least they should have made it that you take the dynastical name of the ruler that made it and use it as a name for the Caliphate since the caliphates are dynasty named and not land named like kingdoms or empires. In reality only people having the blood line of Muhammad could be caliph. They could have made something interesting with bloodlines and protecting the dynasty and trying to get married with higher tier bloodlines......but sadly paradox are laxy gits. Fuck i know very little about kebabs and their land,culture and believes.....but i still know that much lol.

Yeah, a "*dinasty name* Caliphate" would definitely be better, but we can't have nice things.

However, the caliphate isn't just another form of government, at least in its original meaning. The caliphate is the domain of the caliph and the caliph is the rightful successor of Muhammad as leader of the Ummah (the entire Islamic community). The islamic world had concurrent caliphates, but that's because there were rulers who didn't see the actual main caliph as the legitimate one (this is the case with the Fatimid, Cordoba and Almohad caliphates). In each period of time, we can identify a single "main" caliphate: the Rashidun (632-661), Umayyad (661-750), Abbasid (750-1517) and Ottoman (1517-1924) caliphates. So a "*dynasty name* Caliphate" would be the ideal solution for someone who manages to overthrow the Ottomans, but I see the "the Caliphate" solution as acceptable (you could see it as the "definitive edition" of the caliphate).

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
the caliphate isn't just another form of government,
And then goes and explain how it is a different government form :lol::lol::lol:. Being a theological empire with strong focus on bloodlines doesn't make it special lol. And no,calling it just the caliphate is retarded. I won't accept any excuses for that retarded shit,it is not like making it "dynasty" caliphate is hard.

Tytus

Arcane
And then goes and explain how it is a different government form :lol::lol::lol:. Being a theological empire with strong focus on bloodlines doesn't make it special lol. And no,calling it just the caliphate is retarded. I won't accept any excuses for that retarded shit,it is not like making it "dynasty" caliphate is hard.

" fantadomat Caliphate " when?

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
I'm not saying it would be hard, I know Paradox is full of lazy fucks. Still, a leader who manages to overthrow the Ottomans/Mamluks should be able to claim the title of caliph. Obviously a far more complex system where sultans and emirs can contest the current caliphate and establish their own and where you can strengthen your claim to the title conquering Muslim land would be cool, but we already got our Islam-centric dlc and I don't think we are getting another one anytime soon. Also, EU4 "nations" really aren't deep enough to correctly simulate the difference between the political and religions powers of a single dynasty.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

When the sun rises from the west and the codex becomes a knitting female centred forum!

I'm not saying it would be hard, I know Paradox is full of lazy fucks. Still, a leader who manages to overthrow the Ottomans/Mamluks should be able to claim the title of caliph. Obviously a far more complex system where sultans and emirs can contest the current caliphate and establish their own and where you can strengthen your claim to the title conquering Muslim land would be cool, but we already got our Islam-centric dlc and I don't think we are getting another one anytime soon. Also, EU4 "nations" really aren't deep enough to correctly simulate the difference between the political and religions powers of a single dynasty.
That would have been pretty good,but we got the retarded muh caliphate name lol. Tho it would have been more about the ruler having a muhammed's blood line and holding a bunch of holy cities like mecca,medina,baghdad and the persian one. Also at the start of the game the legit one is the mamluks,the green kebab became a Caliphat during the frist quarter of the 16th century,more than 70 years after the start of the game. The decisions seems very retarded to me,it needs to conquer a lot of fucking land,even european one. It should have been made so you need a few certain and not too hard to get regions and then you get missions for all that land,thus making it a fun game to play. Now it is retarded as forming rome.

Someone give fanta a benzo. :P

https://www.britannica.com/place/Caliphate

Not sure I anticipated it, but <well regarded encyclopaedia> seems to disagree / support NJClaw's take; and I mean, he's right in the idea that under Islam there's only meant to be one Caliph, and that is the person who rules over all of the Muslim world (which is how this tag switch works).
What is benzo?

Also no,there were enough caliphates existing in the same time period,it was not a unique government lol. It more or less means that the ruler comes from the muhammed's blood line and rules a lot of land and people. Caliph is not someone that rules over all muslims,it is more middle eastern focused. Also don't see how NJClaw is right when we are just discussing and not arguing while both being on the same wavelength :lol:,it is not like we have opposite views lol. Calling it just THE Caliphate is lazy and retarded.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron

When the sun rises from the west and the codex becomes a knitting female centred forum!
:kingcomrade:

That would have been pretty good,but we got the retarded muh caliphate name lol. Tho it would have been more about the ruler having a muhammed's blood line and holding a bunch of holy cities like mecca,medina,baghdad and the persian one. Also at the start of the game the legit one is the mamluks,the green kebab became a Caliphat during the frist quarter of the 16th century,more than 70 years after the start of the game. The decisions seems very retarded to me,it needs to conquer a lot of fucking land,even european one. It should have been made so you need a few certain and not too hard to get regions and then you get missions for all that land,thus making it a fun game to play. Now it is retarded as forming rome.
I agree 100% with you. It's exactly as the Roman Empire thing.

Also no,there were enough caliphates existing in the same time period,it was not a unique government lol. It more or less means that the ruler comes from the muhammed's blood line and rules a lot of land and people. Caliph is not someone that rules over all muslims,it is more middle eastern focused. Also don't see how NJClaw is right when we are just discussing and not arguing while both being on the same wavelength :lol:,it is not like we have opposite views lol. Calling it just THE Caliphate is lazy and retarded.
There were more caliphates in the same period of time, but there was always a "more legitimate" one among them (Wikipedia divides them in "main" and "parallel" caliphates). Usually, these "minor" caliphates were all tough until the actual big guy of that time decided to come and take what was rightfully his land. Whenever someone says "the caliphate" without specifying anything more, unless a specific dynasty can be inferred by the context, usually it means "the caliphate that succeeded the Rashidun one".

The Caliphate is the Realm of the Followers of Muhammad, same way the (Roman) Empire is – or at least it was supposed to be – the Realm of the Followers of Jesus of Nazareth.

I suspect this was in large part inspired by the Sassanids who kicked out the Parthians and united around Zoroaster's teachings. As far as I know, Zoroastrianism became an actual, serious organized religion only with the Sassanids, before them it was more like a cult or something, if even that. There were no great powers fully dedicated to a specific religion fighting holy wars and all that good stuff prior to 224 AD, aside from perhaps the Assyrians who supposedly believed Ashur was going to end the world if they were to ever stop conquering, impaling and flaying alive. (Ah, ha, ha, ha, flayin' alive, flayin' alive...)

I haven't watched the video but if you're a Muslim, you hold Mecca and you rule over all the world's Muslims, you should be able to form the Caliphate, there's no need for dynasty names or whatever. I doubt an inhabitant of Baghdad would say he lives in AN Abbasid Caliphate as opposed to just THE Caliphate.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
"more legitimate"
LoL there is no such thing as legitimate,it is like saying that one fate is more legitimate than others :). People that lived under it and ruled it saw it as the legitimate one. I don't think that there is rule that you could have only one caliphate. The legitimate one is the one that survives.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
"more legitimate"
LoL there is no such thing as legitimate,it is like saying that one fate is more legitimate than others :). People that lived under it and ruled it saw it as the legitimate one. I don't think that there is rule that you could have only one caliphate. The legitimate one is the one that survives.
Probably "more legitimate" isn't the best way to describe it, but there still is a clear line of succession that goes from the Rashidun caliphate to the Ottoman one. And the Rashidun one was THE caliphate. Just look at the list of caliphs:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_caliphs

When someone generally talks about "the caliphate", he is talking about the long line of succession of ecumenical caliphates than goes from 632 to 1924 almost without interruptions.

The non-ecumenical ones are "the other" caliphates, but they were mostly rebellious dynasties that didn't see the actual caliph as the legitimate ruler:
- Ibn al-Zubayr said "well, fuck it, I'm Muhammad's nephew, I should be the caliph!", then the actual caliph arrived and killed him;
- Abd ar-Rahman III said "well, fuck it, my dynasty held the caliphate before, so I should be the caliph!" (he was of the Umayyad dynasty, that held the caliphate before the Abbasids) and the actual caliph couldn't care less because he was already dealing with another rebellious self-proclaimed caliph;
- Al-Mahdi-Billah (the aforementioned self-proclaimed caliph) said "I'm a descendant of Muhammad's daughter, so I should be the caliph" and founded the Fatimid caliphate in 909, but the actual caliphate had already been in existence for more than 200 years. 200 years later, the actual caliph arrived and reclaimed that land;
- the Almohad caliphate was established in 1145, more than 500 years after the actual Rashidun caliphate was founded.

These "other" caliphates aren't even recognized as real caliphates by the Islamic community. "We" have a similar thing with the antipopes: we had a lot of them, but when we talk about "popes" and "the papacy", we always mean the actual recognized pope, not the antipopes.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
The amount of free labour gamedevs manage to extract, lol: https://eu4.paradoxwikis.com/Europa_Universalis_4_Wiki:Contest

What is benzo?
Benzodiazepines chill people out. Diazepam (Valium) or alprazolam (Xanax) for example (kinda hate how we always end up using yank terminology for these things, the chemical names ain't that hard).
Prizes

Users can enter the contest by contributing to the wiki during that time span -- with various actions providing different number of tickets.

The three users with the most tickets will each get to pick their product(s) of choice from the Paradox Web Store up to the amount they won:

Event_trigger.png
1st place can pick at an amount up to $60
Event_trigger.png
2nd place can pick at an amount up to $40
Event_trigger.png
3rd place can pick at an amount up to $20
In addition, the winners will also receive a special forum avatar and icon (). These are unique to major wiki contributors.
Paradox is really going all-in with this one, uh?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
(kinda hate how we always end up using yank terminology for these things, the chemical names ain't that hard)
:deathclaw:
Ahhh then why do you use it? Also such drugs are for wenches when they have a hysterical moment,i have never used such things.

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Ahhh then why do you use it? Also such drugs are for wenches when they have a hysterical moment,i have never used such things.

Because I thought you might only know them through western media, and was trying to be helpful. :P

Let's not continue that other line or I'll be quoting the S.C.U.M. manifesto in two pages or less. ;)

---

Who's everyone playing for their first game? I'm thinking Austria.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
(kinda hate how we always end up using yank terminology for these things, the chemical names ain't that hard)
:deathclaw:

Good thing, Benzos are super fucking addictive and chemical cancer in general. Also one of the easiest way to kill yourself since they have very lethal interactions with alcohol and opiates.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom