Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ fill my wishlist for upcoming steam sale

AliceAlcina

Learned
https://store.steampowered.com/wishlist/profiles/76561198254045418

More than half of my wishlist are games that are upcoming, so I clearly need to fill my wishlist with buyable options. Almost all of paid ones, I don't actually wish to play, but I don't know what to fill my wishlist with
I'm into fantasy, zelda like action adventures, bright and cheery games, RPGs, metroidvanias, 3D games of any kind and other gay stuff
I'm not into shooters, sci-fi, alternative fantasy themes, nor trash, but I'm OK with pixel art and stuff like Atelier

Have steam curator picky gamer girl... if you really like to know what games I dig the most, check that

I probably won't get serious answer, but I would like to get serious answer
I think everyone who read my gazillions "recommendation" threads at other sites are annoyed by my constant opening similar thread, hence, I'm bothering you
I'm probably not responding back to joke answers either
I don't know, I can't decide what game I wish to buy for myself, I think I'm done with buying games then... I despair

Don Peste

Arcane
d1dpT.gif

Reality

Learned
Monster Train - I've been eyeballing this as a similar game to Slay the Spire - I do think you get more information about enemy actions and that at the current patch state it's a lot easier but theme is cool.

Majesty: Fantasy Kingdom Sim - Partly a RTS-Godsim hybrid, but you don't need to like either genre because it's pretty unlike normal RTS with the only automatic unit actions - you can't give direct orders At ALL and the fantasy heros you recruit have to motivate themselves - very cool seeing charathers develop independent personalities and stuff and go off on their own. Some of the levels are a little inordinately stressful at first, but it's nothing that serious.

The Swords of Ditto - Indie 2D Zelda-lite with rougelike structure - I felt it was a little too easy, but at least creative and art direction probably strongest point.

The next three games need Multiplayer to get the most out of them

Crawl - very cool as a "reverse" version of Gauntlent so I guess you could argue that it's a Player vs Player Rougelike ARPG - A lot weaker pick if you are playing alone because AI are easy to push around.

Overcooked 2 - I think it's like crack. Very fun co-op game.

Worms Armageddon / or modern version: Worms W.M.D. - Every one needs this. Technically represents (and is practically the sole game of ) the artillery genre - But it's really an easy to pick up and learn party game. SP content is okay.

I also recommend every puzzle game under the sun but I understand that's a hard sell for most people.

Ivan

Arcane

More than half of my wishlist are games that are upcoming, so I clearly need to fill my wishlist with buyable options. Almost all of paid ones, I don't actually wish to play, but I don't know what to fill my wishlist with
I'm into fantasy, zelda like action adventures, bright and cheery games, RPGs, metroidvanias, 3D games of any kind and other gay stuff
I'm not into shooters, sci-fi, alternative fantasy themes, nor trash, but I'm OK with pixel art and stuff like Atelier

Have steam curator picky gamer girl... if you really like to know what games I dig the most, check that

I think everyone who read my gazillions "recommendation" threads at other sites are annoyed by my constant opening similar thread, hence, I'm bothering you
I don't know, I can't decide what game I wish to buy for myself, I think I'm done with buying games then... I despair
neckbeard.jpg

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture

Judging buy your curator, fucking weeb, play Voidspire Tactics and Horizons Gate for good FFT inspired indie SRPGs. Troubleshooter is really good srpg aswell
I dont see any Dragon Quest there, they might be the best current big budget JRPGs.
Persona 4 the Golden is coming to pc so there is that.
Valkyria Chronicle is Anime world war edition. First part is the best, very good aesthetic and charming characters
A lot of people who play similar stuff swear by the Trails in The Sky/of Cold Steel series. I dont but maybe its your taste.
Grandia I and II are better Trails, very good classical JRPGs. The HD remasters are adequate for the most part.
Recettear is a fun indie game where you are a small Japanese girl tending to a fantasy store with a ruthlessly greedy Fairy. Capitalism Ho!
Child of Light is a very charming JRPG by Ubisoft of all people. Highly recommended.

As for crpgs I do not see Planescape:Torment and Icewind Dale there.
Also Dragon Age Origins is the onyl Dragon Age somewhat worth playing.

AliceAlcina

Learned
Judging buy your curator, fucking weeb

My childhood game is NWN Diamond and NWN2 +expansion up to SOZ. It was hard to me to consider other games at the time, and I wasn't aware of Mysteries. Or modules or co-op in those games.
I was going to say don't judge, but that would be waste of words.

Basically, I found out new games fairly recently for someone of 25 years age, but still. The amount of hours put in BG2, DOS2, Bard's Tale IV, Witcher 3, Pathfinder KM doesn't make me a weeb because I dig Atelier series.

Latro

Arcane
Tales of Wuxia series and Environmental Station Alpha, one is a cheery chinese RPG series that's seriously great and the other is one of the best indie metroidvanias.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Judging buy your curator, fucking weeb

My childhood game is NWN Diamond and NWN2 +expansion up to SOZ. It was hard to me to consider other games at the time, and I wasn't aware of Mysteries. Or modules or co-op in those games.
I was going to say don't judge, but that would be waste of words.

Basically, I found out new games fairly recently for someone of 25 years age, but still. The amount of hours put in BG2, DOS2, Bard's Tale IV, Witcher 3, Pathfinder KM doesn't make me a weeb because I dig Atelier series.

It kinda does tho. Come to the dark side, our rpgs are (disclaimer currently) better anyway.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The Void

Pathologic 2

Arma 3

Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord (EA though, so you might still want to wait)

Tekken 7

Crusader Kings 2

Hearts of Iron IV

Attila: Total War

Stardew Valley

XCOM & XCOM 2

Divinity Original Sin (the first one only)

Risens

Hard West

Deus Ex (from the first one to the last one, they are really cheap on sales and all are worth a playthrough, the first one is the best, the last one is second best, with fairly mediocre-to-okay second and third)

The Precursors

Expeditions Conquistador

and so on....

Dramart

Learned
Dragon's Dogma, great characters creator, exquisite gameplay, immersive dark atmoshpere and excelent story, from the beginning to the end a game almost perfect.

purpleblob

Savant
I see Expeditions: Viking on your wish list - it's been out for a while, why don't you actually buy and play it?

I'd recommend Stardew Valley, Cat Quest 1-2, Monster Hunter: World

AliceAlcina

Learned
I see Expeditions: Viking on your wish list - it's been out for a while, why don't you actually buy and play it?

I have some play in gog in this game, but shy from buying this twice... it wasn't spetacular, but wasn't half bad either.

AliceAlcina

Learned
The Swords of Ditto - Indie 2D Zelda-lite with rougelike structure

Crusader Kings 2

Divinity Original Sin

Dragon's Dogma

Thank you all
Didn't like Swords of Ditto on GOG, so I refunded it, only to have mysteriously appear to my steam library, from Humble
Crusaders Kings 2 I really dig, have close to 400 hours in it, amazing
Divinity is Original Joy. so I like both
Dragon Dogma has so fucking clunky character creation and I don't dig actual gameplay, but I agree character creation is something very good.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
After finishing Spellforce 3 I started playing this:

So far Im having fun, not only due abundance of nice visuals but the turn based combat and encounter design is pretty fun and challenging. I still havent finished the game but so far its something I have no problem recommending even for full price.

B9BF6933F533C2A20E78709D0877FB0E7669DEBD

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom