Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

There's no such thing as "future rpg players". Nobody under 25 years old plays RPGs anymore

How old are you? Don't lie or you will go to hell

• Total voters

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Indie Hardcore RPGs like AoD sell in the ten-thousands. RtWP RPGs like PoE or PF sell in the hundred-thousands. Turn-based tactical RPGs like DivOS sell in the millions.

What are you guys even talking about?
Don't know, I just made a dumb joke and apparently it became a thread.

AliceAlcina

Learned
I read and I play videogames, RPGs. Mostly play videogames and borrowing and buying books I don't actually read, just wish to read.

I'm officially 25, but as my birthday comes so close, I could say I'm 26 and 25 at the same time.... I'm so fucked up...

xuerebx

Erudite
What's next? I heard that Underrail is good. I hope it's true, I really hope.

It's awesome! Haven't spent 100 hours on a game since, like, a decade ago. I also started playing Wizardry 8 recently and I highly recommend it.

Cael

Arcane
Get the original TB DnD RPG: Gold Box games
Yes, Dark Sun: Shattered Lands is already on my list. Tried to go in blind, got my ass kicked. Good sign. Gotta try it properly sometime.
Wake of the Ravager is the better game, in my opinion. But that is probably because I have problems getting Shattered Lands to run properly :(

alyvain

Learned
So what was your first RPG? I'm 24 and for me it was Morrowind and then Fallout 2 when it was translated into my language and got to a local store. Then I played F1 and the Infinity Engine games. I kinda think that starting with Morrowind and Gothic 1-2 is a common starting point for Russian RPG players of my age, who then learned about older and, well, actual RPG titles in the Internet from people who were like 5-10 years older.

overly excitable young man

I turned 26 this year :negative:
I'm just about to hit 24. I know, I feel like I'm at the end of my youth! I started D&D with D&D 4 and some folks think it stank, I find it pretty rad. I remember my first computer - it was (get this) a Pentium Dual Core. Could barely play my first RPG: Borderlands. Ah man, that Moxxi - eh? She is quite empowered, if you know what I mean! Eventually I played Diablo 3 and leveled my black guy to level 80! I have to laugh at all those console gamers! Sure, Devil May Cry 5 was swell, but it sure wasn't no... Dark Souls!

This is the real problem our society faces right there!
What brings little kids to join such a disgusting site?

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Ancient RPG's from Bygone Eras of Development are much more affordable to sub-25 College Students like myself, whether or not they're subjects of worship on forums like this.

Only now the jokes on me, because no one in my circle gives a shit about 20-year old Tabletop RPGs, Blobbers or Immersive Sims when there's more Live-Service Crap or Throwaway Multiplayer Experiences to play. And now I have no where else to go to discuss them but here!

karnak

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
Truth be told, most guys my age (who were also RPG lovers - some of them even played P&P with me) stopped playing videogames because their wives stated that "games are for kids" (at least I managed to get my wife to play CRPGs).
So I have to admit that perhaps it's not fair to accuse the younger folks of only playing Decline, since many of them are the offspring of a bunch of mangina cucks. Given their upbringing they're doing the best they can with what they got. :(

Salvo

Arcane
So what was your first RPG? I'm 24 and for me it was Morrowind and then Fallout 2 when it was translated into my language and got to a local store. Then I played F1 and the Infinity Engine games. I kinda think that starting with Morrowind and Gothic 1-2 is a common starting point for Russian RPG players of my age, who then learned about older and, well, actual RPG titles in the Internet from people who were like 5-10 years older.

First RPG (and favorite, probably because of nostalgia) was Gothic 2. My dad bought it for me when I was 10 and I absolutely devoured it. Didn't find out for years that you had to install NOTR by opening the game folder though.

Boy was I a dumb kid.

Farewell into the night

You are wrong. Some of the kids and young adults still play rpgs/jrpgs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom