Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Interactive fiction has come a long way since Zork.

screenshot602tkp9.png

(Game is Thaumistry: In Charm's Way, from 2017)

Edit: Finished it. Too short (Steam says 4 hours), but good. Cool puzzles, not bullshit hard, funny writing. Highly recommended. Where's the sequel, Bob Bates?

Last edited:

HansDampf

Arcane
3SxOA9r.jpg

Another Doom mod that requires not only mouselook but also jumping and crouching. Sacrilege! But this one is interesting. Every level has a number of coins, and in order to open the exit you have to collect at least 75% of them before time runs out. Collect 100% to unlock bonus levels. Colored coins have additional effects. For example, blue coins add 5 seconds to the timer.

buHschB.jpg

VX5reOW.jpg

This is the hub map from where you can enter other levels. Forced pistol starts.

3D2iVrq.jpg

JGJmQUT.jpg

There is no overarching theme. Every map looks different.

xPVNPD9.jpg

The game likes to throw tougher versions of vanilla monsters at you (like black Imps) to slow you down.

v25hkPm.jpg

The new alternative plasma rifle functions like a railgun that consumes 10 cells per shot and penetrates enemies. The visual effect is pretty lame for how powerful it is.

l1ACjFQ.jpg

And there are boss battles that don't completely suck. Except the final boss. That one is crap and doesn't deserve a screenshot.

ZHKXX78.jpg

E2CxtXP.gif

V5NsHnt.jpg

:positive:

6ngB9iI.jpg

The bonus maps are all unique. This one is an arcade parkour with boost plates and jump pads. You gotta go fast and not miss a blue coin.

dF9bbkB.jpg

Speedrunning the chasm.

zzdBJv5.jpg

aIJDFgs.gif

pLh5kL6.jpg

In the final bonus level you have to fight your way back through the hub while it's being invaded by monsters. Lots of monsters.

ZzOiaAx.jpg

And you get a much needed new power-up: Spread! Shoot 3 projectiles instead of one.

va4h0Ia.jpg

Works with every weapon.
:yeah:
The time limits are well balanced, getting tighter towards the end. There are also a bunch of extra community maps, which I haven't touched yet.
Two major complaints: 1) The HUD sucks. The default Doom HUD has big fat numbers for health and armor that are easy to read in the corner of your eye. Fuck that! How about itsy bitsy tiny numbers instead? I died several times just because I didn't notice I was low on health. 2) Searching for secrets under time pressure. In the worst cases you have to play the entire map again just for another chance to find the last remaining secret within 30 seconds. The maps should be played without quicksaves, but in those cases I made an exception. ... and also for the last bonus map, because
sweatonmybrow.png

Meanwhile...
nvAq142.jpg

jqrc8ff.jpg

There are 7 guards hidden in this image.

KcTSYzh.jpg

Damn, I'm looking good!

e6mOyeW.jpg

no.png

mF7SqOj.jpg

c9jlxNL.jpg

Silent takedown. :obviously:

RhHwF33.jpg

Not much longer.

kqwx9t4.jpg

PKZAYYO.gif

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Note that I used it on the GOG version (which includes Cleo), not sure if it works on other versions.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom