Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

There's no such thing as "future rpg players". Nobody under 25 years old plays RPGs anymore

How old are you? Don't lie or you will go to hell

• Total voters

Azdul

Magister
I want to officially apologize for putting false information in the poll. As "Joined" date is visible to everyone, I couldn't possibly be in 0-5 age range. But I'm young at heart.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
What is this nigger talking about? I’m 18 and I play CRPG’s.

Also WWS, and AH.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
So what was your first RPG? I'm 24 and for me it was Morrowind and then Fallout 2 when it was translated into my language and got to a local store. Then I played F1 and the Infinity Engine games. I kinda think that starting with Morrowind and Gothic 1-2 is a common starting point for Russian RPG players of my age, who then learned about older and, well, actual RPG titles in the Internet from people who were like 5-10 years older.

Fairly certain is was Moraff's Revenge on some janky IBM with an amber monochrome monitor.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
To treat the topic half seriously, I think the success of stuff like Divinity 2 shows there will be "RPG" fans for a long time to come. Whether that fits your personal definition I dunno, but it's a lot closer than Assassin's Creed and Witcher 3.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Point of order: Boomers didn't grow up with vidja, though I guess there are some who picked it up as adults.

I just turned 50 and I mostly grew up on coin-ops. First RPG was like King's Quest or Zork and I was already a teenager.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
hurrr we are an elite group of aristocrat gamers durrr nobody from these other PLEBS plays the roleplaying RPG games that we play hurrrr look at how unique i am

Sometimes you simply are what others make of you, though. I don't really see gaming outlets and communities tripping over to talk about at least half of what Codex discusses.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom