Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The PS5 and Xbox 2 thread - it's happening

Jrpgfan

Erudite
1tb is more than enough for a videogame unless you wanna keep every single game you buy installed in it forever.

Heck, I only play games on a 512gb SSD on my PC and I never even reached half of the storage space.

Tehdagah

Arcane
1tb is more than enough for a videogame unless you wanna keep every single game you buy installed in it forever.

Heck, I only play games on a 512gb SSD on my PC and I never even reached half of the storage space.
Some PS4 games are 100GB+, the PS5 games will be even bigger.

Jrpgfan

Erudite

Some PS4 games are 100GB+, the PS5 games will be even bigger.

You could still install 6 RDR2(takes 150Gb) with 1tb. I'll never understand how that's not enough for some people.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
How much space will next-gen games take, though? we went from 30GB games to 150GB ones in no time.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
Just fucking uninstall the games you're not currently playing. Unless you play 10 games at the same time.

Atleast we know for certain the PS5 SSD will be useful for something.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Step 1. Release "In-Engine" Footage, but no gameplay.
Step 2. Have the games playable by journalists at limited events ; someone will randomly figure out the demo was actually running on a high-end PC.
Step 3. Release new trailers that are slightly degraded over the Step 1.
Step 4. Console and games release , it looks like a slightly improved PS4 game. It's too late. You bought it.

tritosine2k

Erudite
The thing to look for is visibly separate AO and soft shadows, then it is same shit for the most part (because faking area lights does that).

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
You can't understand how someone would want more than 6 games installed on his machine?

6 massive open world AAA games? No, I honestly don't understand the need for having them all installed at once. I have a 500GB SSD for my PC and have never had an issue with space, as long I put my premium quality adult entertainment on my external quick enough. If you're bouncing around between 10 AAA games all the time that sounds like more an issue with your attention span than the size of your drive. If you're worried about preserving them, you wouldn't be buying DRM'd downloads to begin with.

retinoid

Savant
Good to know they've completely fucked up the Oddworld: Abe's Exodus remake like they did with the first game. The originals have some of the most unique art styles and atmosphere of any game, but yeah let's throw that out the window in favor of generic Pixar/Unity Engine garbage.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom