Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Observer - first person cyberpunk horror game starring Rutger Hauer

Tom Selleck

Arcane
and story to the next level

Wait did I just play this watch this
w1EeZeb.png
four hours for nothing?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Watch Observer's development team walk you through a gameplay demo highlighting new content and changes made for the updated version of this next-gen horror game remake.

This Observer System Redux gameplay demo highlights a lot of the next-gen tech, like 4k textures, ray-tracing, and HDR, and that has gone into the Observer System remake. If you’re a fan of the Observer System game, then this remastered version could be the horror remake you’ve been looking for.

Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
I played this thing recently and it's one of the biggest piles of shit I've ever come across. Figures that the one-trick-pony hacks at Bloober Team only feel the need to update the visuals. The visuals were fine in the first place, it's the actual gameplay that is in serious need of some upgrading. It plays exactly like Layers of Fear (or any of their other games, really): Walk aimlessly along the spooky corridor until weird thing happens and the exit mysteriously appears, all the while adhering to a everything-at-the-kitchen-sink approach to horror, where no jump scare is cheap enough and no horror cliché is trite enough to not get thrown at the player. This game has pigeon-based jumpscares, for crying out loud! Read that again: It has PIGEON - BASED - JUMPSCARES! And if that was't dumb enough, they repeat that exact same jumpscare numerous times throughout the game. Not even Rutger Hauer can save this. In fact, he sounds like he was trying to have a nice nap in the recording booth until some asshole woke him up, handed a sheet of paper to him and asked him to read the words on the paper.

It's mind-numbingly, soul-crushingly, heart-achingly bad. And a new coat of paint won't change that.

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
I liked the Observer. It was beautiful and disturbing and really psychedelic by times.

Maybe the fact that it was Rutger Hauer's final work also contributed to the impression.

CbrZT8ZpMizvK38D695JQX.jpg

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The game already looked amazing. Upgrading the art was the last thing they needed to do. It's still a dull slog. Another layer of makeup and a tighter push-up bra doesn't make someone worth dating.

Prime Junta

I tried playing it but the FX were so heavy I couldn't stand it. I've never had a migraine but I imagine that's what it would be like.

Beowulf

Arcane
okay, now we are remaking 3-year old games.

the cycle is going faster and faster, I hope this civilization will eat itself and collapse.

...where was I?

Soon there will be a second dev team starting work on a remake when the first one is finishing the main game.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Steam page for System Redux. Demo is available as part of Gamescom event.

Time limited 80% discount for the original owners.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron

the cycle is going faster and faster, I hope this civilization will eat itself and collapse.

...where was I?
A remake of Quest for Glory (a.k.a. Hero's Quest) was released in 1992 with improved VGA graphics only three years after the original 1989 release with EGA graphics.

147154-hero-s-quest-so-you-want-to-be-a-hero-dos-screenshot-main.gif
147155-hero-s-quest-so-you-want-to-be-a-hero-dos-screenshot-cleaning.gif
962605-hero-s-quest-so-you-want-to-be-a-hero-dos-screenshot-inside.png
147189-hero-s-quest-so-you-want-to-be-a-hero-dos-screenshot-the-thief.gif

95229-quest-for-glory-i-so-you-want-to-be-a-hero-dos-screenshot-opening.gif
95231-quest-for-glory-i-so-you-want-to-be-a-hero-dos-screenshot-earning.gif
95245-quest-for-glory-i-so-you-want-to-be-a-hero-dos-screenshot-at.gif
616107-quest-for-glory-i-so-you-want-to-be-a-hero-dos-screenshot.png

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron

...where was I?
A remake of Quest for Glory (a.k.a. Hero's Quest) was released in 1992 with improved VGA graphics only three years after the original 1989 release with EGA graphics.

147154-hero-s-quest-so-you-want-to-be-a-hero-dos-screenshot-main.gif
147155-hero-s-quest-so-you-want-to-be-a-hero-dos-screenshot-cleaning.gif
962605-hero-s-quest-so-you-want-to-be-a-hero-dos-screenshot-inside.png
147189-hero-s-quest-so-you-want-to-be-a-hero-dos-screenshot-the-thief.gif

95229-quest-for-glory-i-so-you-want-to-be-a-hero-dos-screenshot-opening.gif
95231-quest-for-glory-i-so-you-want-to-be-a-hero-dos-screenshot-earning.gif
95245-quest-for-glory-i-so-you-want-to-be-a-hero-dos-screenshot-at.gif
616107-quest-for-glory-i-so-you-want-to-be-a-hero-dos-screenshot.png

Sure thing, but come on, you can't compare the technological gap between EGA and VGA & between 2020 and the old prehistoric stupid 2017.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom