Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights (NWN & NWN2) Modules Thread

Poseidon00

Arcane
Yep. Third chapter. There will be plenty of good ones before then but this is the definitive end-game shield for sure.

Dele

Liturgist
Guess there isn't a thread for rogueknight's swordflight but popping in to say that they are some of the best custom content NWN has to offer and im only at part 2, excellent work.

CeLL

Literate
Playing through Swordflight CH2 and I came across the haunted house quest. Having trouble with it though as after I have assembled the seal of truth, I go to the room with the portal and cast true seeing on myself, but the portal is not giving me any options to go anywhere. Any console commands I can use to progress this quest?

EDIT: NVM just edited the script that checks for true seeing, fixed now (well, a work-around, but whatever).

I'm stuck at the same spot. Could you please provide a workaround steps, because this module is too good to miss out for such a "bug".
Seal is probably casting See Invis instead of True Seeing. PrC probably. Thanks.

rogueknight333

Arbiter
...Seal is probably casting See Invis instead of True Seeing. PrC probably. Thanks.

You need to have a "True Seeing" effect active for the portal to work, so if the game has been modified so the spell does not actually provide such an effect, it would indeed not work. The simplest solution is probably to just use console commands to transport yourself to the point the portal script would have:

1) Enter "Debug Mode" by pressing the tilda key ("~"), typing:

DebugMode 1

and hitting enter.

2) Type:

dmjumptopoint 85 8 ghosthouse001

and hit enter. This should transport you to approximately the point the script would have, and allow you to defeat the Greater Spectre and complete the quest. You will lose out on a trivial reward of 88 XP the script would also have given you, which you could also award yourself using the "GiveXP" command in Debug Mode. Alternatively you could probably use the "dm_spawnitem" command to create an equipable item that confers True Seeing.

3) When done, type and enter:

DebugMode 0

CeLL

Literate
:salute:Thanks for the fast reply rogueknight. Glad there is a console workaround for this, maybe that will fix my other problem with Tyrants of the Moonsea also. :)
Well all went well until dmjumptopoint reported function not found. Coding RL quest continues. :D

Btw fantastic module, sir!

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron
Playing through Swordflight CH2 and I came across the haunted house quest. Having trouble with it though as after I have assembled the seal of truth, I go to the room with the portal and cast true seeing on myself, but the portal is not giving me any options to go anywhere. Any console commands I can use to progress this quest?

EDIT: NVM just edited the script that checks for true seeing, fixed now (well, a work-around, but whatever).

I'm stuck at the same spot. Could you please provide a workaround steps, because this module is too good to miss out for such a "bug".
Seal is probably casting See Invis instead of True Seeing. PrC probably. Thanks.
Sorry for the late reply, but it seems you already got your problem solved, it was a while ago when I edited that script, but if I remember correctly I just opened up the module in the toolset and found the ghost house area, found the script which determined whether you have true sight, and edited it. Sorry I couldn't be more specific, I forgot. I stopped trying to play with PRC in general though, it's just way to bloated, and instead of fixing this the mod-author just continues to pile more shit on top. It's just to much for me.

CeLL

Literate
No problem. I tried the same thing although it was my first attempt at the toolset. Casting the seal in game made See Invisibility icon on top so I thought by simply changing True Sight with See Invisibility in one of the scripts of the portal would fix it... but it didn't.
Good thing, rogueknights solution saved me from fiddling with the toolset again :) Don't wont to mess his creation, heh.

PrC though... I like the options, but if it will create further problems, will reconsider a cleaner game.

rogueknight333

Arbiter
Some people have reported issues in Swordflight that appear to have been the result of using the community patch, so I have recommended against using it in my series. I do not really know anything about the EE version in particular, though.

CeLL

Literate
The monk, Shandar T'Kor, in Desert Dragon tavern... is he under some kind of confusion spell? :)

Bo2Sae7.jpg

rogueknight333

Arbiter
The monk, Shandar T'Kor, in Desert Dragon tavern... is he under some kind of confusion spell? :)

Presumably you are playing v.1.08 of the module? This is a bug that was introduced in that version in the course of correcting another one. It should be fixed in the most up-to-date version of the module (v.1.09 - if you check the Readme notes about fixes it is mentioned).

You could get a little background information if the appropriate conversation came up, but you are not missing out on anything too important.

CeLL

Literate
Ah, yes, now I see, PrC compatible version is 3 months older than your chapter two build. Must check 1.09 patch notes - note to self.
Good to know he is not involved into any role for main plot or quest conversation.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Is the community patch for enhanced edition recommended?
Why not, it's not like the enhanced edition is itself recommended.
Diamond edition runs like crap, at least I can get some decent fps with EE

I'd give you a "Not Sure If Serious" button if I could but since I'm missing it (along with a LOT of other buttons... does one have to be a supporter to get all the buttons?), I won't. EE runs like crap on my mid-level 4GHz/GTX 1070-based system while Diamond runs like irish butter.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Some people have reported issues in Swordflight that appear to have been the result of using the community patch, so I have recommended against using it in my series. I do not really know anything about the EE version in particular, though.

There's also that Q-Project patch that, while it looks gorgeous, can really break certain things, like making certain monsters too large and unable to pass through doors. Amirite? Or was that fixed by the developers? It's been quite a while since I used it, or even played NWN (which ironically is my favorite all-time cRPG experience... with modules).

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron

I'd give you a "Not Sure If Serious" button if I could but since I'm missing it (along with a LOT of other buttons... does one have to be a supporter to get all the buttons?), I won't. EE runs like crap on my mid-level 4GHz/GTX 1070-based system while Diamond runs like irish butter.
Exactly the opposite for me, Diamond runs like crap often below 40 fps, EE runs above 60 vast majority of the time, one of the few good things about it.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane

Exactly the opposite for me, Diamond runs like crap often below 40 fps, EE runs above 60 vast majority of the time, one of the few good things about it.

I always use the opening scene in Swordflight 1 in the tavern as my testing benchmark (because it seems to have a lot of detail, many NPCs and placeables). As I move, scroll and pan the camera around and go from one end of the room(s) to the other, I get annoying micro-stutter with EE while it's much smoother with Diamond. I guess if you're playing vanilla or less demanding modules, the micro-stutter might not be as noticeable. And yeah, NWN Diamond (and earlier releases) has always had weird framerate issues I think and vsync doesn't even work in the settings. However, I still get a fairly constant 60 FPS in Diamond. Go figure.

CeLL

Literate
EE shows 50-80 fps here on my end so its fine. I never managed to succesfuly install Project Q. Isn't that graphical overhaul module specific?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom