Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio (Yakuza, Judgment, Binary Domain + more!) Discussion Thread

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wait,is the whole fighting shirtless a real Yakuza thing and not just something the developers thought?

:lol::lol::lol:
I'm sure the developers have the patent on the instant remove suit though.

Jinn

Arcane
I'm guessing a Judgement PC announcement, or Yakuza 3-5 remaster spontaneous PC release, or both.

....God I hope I'm right....about both.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
I really want Yakuza 6, because this would allow me to play the final version of Virtua Fighter 5.

Naraya

Arcane
I think Yakuza 0 was the biggest gaming surprise in my life. I thought it would be a 'lol stupid bruce lee beatemup' that I would drop after 10 minutes but it was just an incredible experience.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm guessing a Judgement PC announcement, or Yakuza 3-5 remaster spontaneous PC release, or both.

I'll take Yakuza 3 - 6 on PC. Judgement is probably a nice game but at this point I need my Kiryuu fix.

Reinhardt

Arcane
I think Kiryu is the best example of "decent human being" character done right in vidya. Usually good protagonists are exactly this - bland and boring. But japanese managed to pull this.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron

Yakuza 3-6,Judgement and Fist of the North Star ports

:fabulouslyoptimistic:

Readher

Savant

I imagine Fist of the North Star is a very low priority for them now since it sold pretty badly on PS4 and has no connection to the main Yakuza series. When you factor in that they're also porting Atlus games now, I doubt they have time for that. I imagine they want 3-6 out of the way asap to connect with LAD and then Judgment since it sold well on PS4 and has EFIGS translations for broader appeal.

Also, six Yakuza-style games being announced at the same event seems like way too much. I expect Remastered Collection and maybe one more title (6 or Judgment) at most. If they're going all out with announcements, I'd imagine Shin Sakura Taisen would be one for some variety.

Last edited:

Azalin

Arcane
Patron

I imagine Fist of the North Star is a very low priority for them now since it sold pretty badly on PS4 and has no connection to the main Yakuza series. When you factor in that they're also porting Atlus games now, I doubt they have time for that. I imagine they want 3-6 out of the way asap to connect with LAD and then Judgment since it sold well on PS4 and has EFIGS translations for broader appeal.

Fist of the North Star didn't sell well?Fuck

Looking at wikipedia,its sales at least for the first week weren't that far behind 7 and Judgement,123k versus 148k and 156k,who knows about total sales of course

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fist_of_the_North_Star:_Lost_Paradise
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judgment_(video_game)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakuza:_Like_a_Dragon

Last edited:

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Yeah, that actually hurt. I was hoping for the Remaster Trilogy. Emulating Y3 on PS3 is just not possible because of all those random freezes.

Reinhardt

Arcane
So they decided to make event for good games too. Clever.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom