Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Persona 4 Golden - out on Steam

Perkel

Arcane
Waifu Simulator 4 : Golden Balls or Winged Exemplar Revengence

Jinn

Arcane
And bought. I was hoping those forum posts above were hinting at even more. Guess we'll see if there are some surprises later on down in the show?

Either way, happy first "Shin Megami Tensei" on PC, guys! It's a step in the right direction. GIVE ME SMT III!

Unwanted

†††

Patron
Waiting for some impressions on how it runs on toasters, for the poor folks like me.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Instantly bought the Deluxe Edition as well. Hopefully the launch is good enough to get ATLUS to start porting their games.

cruel

Cipher
In my opinion, this is the best jRPG ever created - hard to even point any flaws of the game. Easily 100h+ to beat the game, amazing attention to details, great characters, great story, fantastic music, and most of all you can just feel the tons of LOVE that was put when making this. The total opposite of typical Ubisoft cash grab released every year. 10/10, highly recommended for anybody on the fence.

Jinn

Arcane
It's already the global top seller, so I figure this is going to be a slam dunk for Atlus.

Puukko

Arcane
Denuvo... the lack of demons for enemies killed my interest in this originally and now I'm in a funny position where I have played 2 and 5 but not 3 or 4. But Atlus moving to PC is a positive overall.

cruel

Cipher
Two things for anybody playing this for the first time:
- english voiceacting is very good, probably no reason going with Japanese (unless strong preference)
- don't be annoyed by the first few hours, the game starts quite slow

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
- english voiceacting is very good, probably no reason going with Japanese (unless strong preference)

Yeah I will play this with Japanese voice, but when I played on PS 2 the English VA is good.

ATLUS games are probably one of the few Japanese games where I can play with English VA comfortably.

cruel

Cipher
Steam user rating so far - 98%. #1 global best seller as well - Atlus will be happy about this (which is good). Also, it means that they didn't break the port in any way. Good.

Also, it seems it runs well even on a toaster PC.

Last edited:

Maxie

to all weeblets about to cream themselves over a PC release of a Persona game - the gameplay proper starts around 2h in, only to get interrupted 20 minutes later
it's an interactive anime with a shaving of game on top

Unwanted

†††

Patron
to all weeblets about to cream themselves over a PC release of a Persona game - the gameplay proper starts around 2h in, only to get interrupted 20 minutes later
it's an interactive anime with a shaving of game on top
Which is a good thing for a place that loves PST and Disco Elysium, god forbid any gameplay on my narrative experiences!

CyberModuled

Arbiter
I mean hey, in a series where none of the games have good gameplay, they're all VNs to me.

Also rip anything Vanillaware

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom