Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline It's Pause For Orders, not Real-Time with Pause

Darklands is great despite pause for orders...

EZ2mvxnWoAY_ddR

Where was that? An interview?

J1M

Arcane
RTwP is always inferior to TB or direct real-time.
This is frankly bullshit.
How would, for example, Freedom Force be a better game if it was strictly in Real-time only?
Same as every "Stop Hitting, I'm Thinking" game: the difficulty could have been designed around something other than the maximum combat duration that the player was willing to endure.

Last edited:

Ranarama

Learned
Perhaps it should be called Go At Your Speed, seems a much more fitting name.

RTwP is always inferior to TB or direct real-time. It's like finding something in between two options, but sacrificing good from both.

Like, "I don't want to stay sober, but I don't want to drink alcohol, so I drink non-alcoholic beer instead."
Or, "I don't like women, but I'm not gay, so I will fuck shemales instead."
no, wrong answer. You just fuck a girl in the ass-you must actually be gay to not know this...

JK ;)

Norfleet

I've always said it's real-time with queue. Every real-time game fuckin' has pause.
Some don't, just to be annoying. Others give you a pause option, but you can't DO anything with it, sometimes not even look at the damn game because it blacks out your screen when you pause.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom