Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Last Of Us 2 - now with protagonist-murdering trannies

DeepOcean

Arcane
there are people comparing it to Game of Thrones season 8 and Last Jedi levels of bad.

Different kind of bad. GoT 8 is just ordinary incompetence.

Stuff like Last Jedi, ST: Picard or TLoU2 are very different. As SkillUp said in his review - the central theme here is deconstruction.

People either already understand or they will understand sooner or later.
And the problem of Picard and Last Jedi isnt deconstruction but ordinary incompetence at trying deconstruction and from SkillUp's review and the leaks, that seems the case here. If you try to "deconstruct" characters and dont know what the fuck you are doing, you will end up with a mess worse than it was if you just made a by the numbers story. What I question isnt that the characters are a bunch of depressed grim dark bums but the whys and hows of the story and, sorry, Cuckman obsession with politics dont make me confident he and his team can write any shit.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I've just seen new leaks.

The start character is Abby therefore Joel is not a playable character at all because he is killed in the first part of the game.

It looks like there is an entire organization dedicated to killing Joel and which is lead by Abby. Tommy and Joel save Abby from some shit and then Abby kills them once they reach safety.

Her revenge motivation is a big and dumb joke: Who cares about revenge in post-apocalyptic times? Awful writing.

Edit: This is basically an ANTIFA-power-trip game.

Edit2. Dina is Jewish lesbian bigot. The game checks all the progressive talk points. Literally all.

Anti-Christian. Anti-white-males. Anti-patriarchy. Pro-Jewish. Strong independent women. Diversity is Strength. Blablabla.

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Also who cares about bigotry in a post-apocalypse? Privation and constant threat of physical harm aren't enough?

Yeah this.

Only SoCal dangerhair vegans can think anyone would give a flying fuck about respecting muh rights in a dog-eat-dog postapo. These idiots would be the first to be turned into a fucking timbale by chad raiding Tyrones.

Machocruz

Arcane
I haven't eaten in two days. Food is scarce, as well as water. The cannibal rape squad is out there looking for me, their dogs have my scent. I don't know how much lon...wtf, did I just hear some privileged piece of shit say "all lives matter?!"

vonAchdorf

Arcane
EaVUUT-XgAQr42q

I honestly think that Games Reviews is far more shilled than even movies. You can have a AAA developer give them dolla bills and instant 9/10 even if it's complete dogshit. Even the dolla bills didn't save the Rise of Skywalker from its ire, even if it's from those soy people.

I hope we get a day where shilling dies down (never going to happen) until maybe those dumbasses in power lose money and get booted.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
I honestly think that Games Reviews is far more shilled than even movies. You can have a AAA developer give them dolla bills and instant 9/10 even if it's complete dogshit. Even the dolla bills didn't save the Rise of Skywalker from its ire, even if it's from those soy people.

I hope we get a day where shilling dies down (never going to happen) until maybe those dumbasses in power lose money and get booted.
Nobody trust mainstream reviews anymore, they know it's all a farce, what's worse, they accept the farce as spectacle and partake in it, just as a way to meme and start fanboy wars on internet forums. Most consoomers already decide which game to buy months before release. Reviews of AAA games don't matter, just more bread and circuses.

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Who cares about revenge in post-apocalyptic times?
I seem to recall wanting to exact revenge on Benjamin Benedict "Benny" Benson (originally called the Benign Benevolent Benefactor in Van Buren) after he robbed and shot me in the post-apocalyptic Mojave Desert. Granted, that's more of a post-post-apocalyptic setting, but I still think vengeance is a valid motivation no matter how the world is faring.

(I don't play these games and am only here for the drama, but from what I've seen the execution of the whole vengeance thing in this game is obviously comically bad.)

Trans rights are human rights and therefore the bedrock of rebuilding society.

EDIT: I just read the synopsis of the plot of TLOU1 and holy shit its retarded. 20 years after the apocalypse and zombies are still running around stopping society from rebuilding? What the shit? And these characters have literally been BORN in the post-apoc world and yet are SJW indoctrinated? Were liberal arts colleges the only institutions to survive the apocalypse?

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Edit2. Dina is Jewish lesbian bigot. The game checks all the progressive talk points. Literally all.

Anti-Christian. Anti-white-males. Anti-patriarchy. Pro-Jewish. Strong independent women. Diversity is Strength. Blablabla.

If you think the woke Antifa brigade are "pro-Jewish" you're not paying much attention.

KVVRR

Learned
I can see Abby wanting to get revenge on Joel all these years later, but why would anyone on her group want to help her? They aren't Fireflies afaik and Joel's the brother of the leader of a small town. There's no reason anybody would support Abby's revenge quest other than finding Ellie and they don't give a shit about her. Even if they are fireflies it still wouldn't make too much sense since canonically Joel ever killed two of them in the first game, the surgeon and Ellie's mom friend.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I can see Abby wanting to get revenge on Joel all these years later, but why would anyone on her group want to help her? They aren't Fireflies afaik and Joel's the brother of the leader of a small town. There's no reason anybody would support Abby's revenge quest other than finding Ellie and they don't give a shit about her. Even if they are fireflies it still wouldn't make too much sense since canonically Joel ever killed two of them in the first game, the surgeon and Ellie's mom friend.
They are all related to the people Joel killed in the firefly hospital

blrrmmmff

Scholar
Why is it that these virtue signalling games are almost always bad? Gameplay is bad and repetitive, story is just lolbad. Clearly they did not do this in hindsight to try to sell more games as the game is drenched in that SJW stuff. You would think that if you want to create propaganda you would make it at least a good game that is addictive and that people really want to play?

Im waiting for the wave of games that specifically do not cater to this (aka go back to how it was years ago) and just focus on an immersive interesting game world.

Although the edgy anti SJW movies and games can probably be just as annoying.

Maybe it is no coincidence that the only game I really want to upgrade my PC for at the moment is Escape from Tarkov, which specifically do not cater to virtue signalling crowd.

vota DC

Augur
They are all related to the people Joel killed in the firefly hospital
But Joel exposed the pedoflies at the end: they have zero hints about a cure and are just deceiving everyone in a pathetic attempt to dominate others and enjoy perverted rituals on children.
Being related to pedoflies members isn't enough you have to be one of their leaders otherwise you would thank Joel.

watched the new leak. the writing is beyond stupid in this one
ns1vmrzpui451.jpg

:retarded::retarded::retarded:

also lol at Skillup being the only one not giving 10/10. the fucking state of video game reviews :negative:

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It paid off for him. With 900k views in 2 days its prob one on his most popular reviews ever.

I'm waiting for public reception to see if its gonna be review bombed. If it does then I bet there will be another 85 articles about toxic masculinity in gaming.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

If you think the woke Antifa brigade are "pro-Jewish" you're not paying much attention.

Judaim and Islam are taboo subjects for them. That's what I was trying to say.

Edit: Sometimes a have a foot in my mouth. The thing is Dina is an open lesbian but she is also practicing Judaism at the same time. Cuckmann doesn't want to subvert only the goyim's beliefs, he is going for Jews as well which is quite predictable because all revolutions eat their own children. The guy is an extremist.

Last edited:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

100% this

26mdggwkut451.jpg

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom