Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Persona 4 Golden - out on Steam

Jinn

Arcane
Good to see that the west proved them wrong, that is a lot of sales for such an old game and a strong incentive to bring other JRPGs to PC.

Yep, about a half a million dollars and rising on the first day of sales. Can't help but smile all day because of that.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
It's so satisfying to me to see console exclusivity rapidly dwindling over the past few years. I was even considering buying a Switch recently if they announced SMT IV and IV Apocalypse as ports to it. At this rate, I feel there might even be a possibility of those (and of course SMT V) to eventually get PC ports. At that point there would be like two games I would consider getting a Switch as justified, and that just isn't enough. Also lol at Xbox and PlayStation. PC master race triumphs again.

I remember when consoles had 90%+ stuff that was never ported. I'm so happy that there's a stratification now where the console is basically an easy to use mid level PC, so virtually everything (barring stuff that needs weird controls) can and is being ported.
Only thing needed is a Switch as Ninty does stuff differently and it fills a different niche(portable/party games). I wouldn't write off a Switch Jinn, especially a hacked one like I got.

Jinn

Arcane
I wouldn't write off a Switch Jinn, especially a hacked one like I got.

I feel you man, but portable isn't something I'm interested in, while I understand why others are. When I'm playing a game, I'm in my chamber removed from the outside world, IE my PC.

Hold no grudge towards those who like to do it differently though. In which case, a Switch is a prime and amazing device to own.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I wouldn't write off a Switch Jinn, especially a hacked one like I got.

I feel you man, but portable isn't something I'm interested in, while I understand why others are. When I'm playing a game, I'm in my chamber removed from the outside world, IE my PC.

Hold no grudge towards those who like to do it differently though. In which case, a Switch is a prime device to own.

Hehehe...well...you'll see how it is: Xenoblade series is worth it and of course BOTW2 when it comes out. I play the Kirby and Mario stuff, Kart is awesome always with people...and emulating DS and PSP stuff (that's not ported yet) is cool. Fire Emblem...but it's something you can always pick up for cheap when end of life and you can see what's available and what they managed to crank out of it. It's how the Vita was for me...when hacked it suddenly lived up to the potential it had. Can't believe Sony pissed it away like it did. Cheers.

Jinn

Arcane
Hehehe...well...you'll see how it is: Xenoblade series is worth it and of course BOTW2 when it comes out.

Hahaha, those were the exact two games I was referencing in an earlier post. While enticing to me in a way, I can borrow my brother's Wii U for Breath of the Wild and Xenoblade X. Xenoblade 2, while tempting, isn't enough for me to buy a system for. Again, if SMT IV and IV Apocalypse got Switch ports, and SMT V never have a chance of seeing the light of day on PC, I'll probably go for it. Otherwise, nothing else on the system has enough draw for me to consider it as a responsible buy.

EDIT: Obviously not the case for BotW 2, but you know what I mean.

Last edited:

Readher

Savant
Holy shit 20 bucks is such a steal. Seeing prior behaviour from Atlus (money and xp dlc lol) I would have thought they would sell this for 40.
PSP to PC is a pretty hard port and the game isnt easy to emulate, they could have charged 30 easily before people started complaining.

Feels like Atlus had zero expectations for that strange foreign console called the "PC" judging by the super low price and low marketing period.
Good to see that the west proved them wrong, that is a lot of sales for such an old game and a strong incentive to bring other JRPGs to PC.

Persona 4 Golden is a Vita game. No version of P4 was ever on PSP. The original was on PS2 (and by extension PS3 as a classic title) and Golden was a Vita exclusive.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Holy shit 20 bucks is such a steal. Seeing prior behaviour from Atlus (money and xp dlc lol) I would have thought they would sell this for 40.
PSP to PC is a pretty hard port and the game isnt easy to emulate, they could have charged 30 easily before people started complaining.

Feels like Atlus had zero expectations for that strange foreign console called the "PC" judging by the super low price and low marketing period.

Persona 4 Golden is a Vita game. No version of P4 was ever on PSP. The original was on PS2 (and by extension PS3 as a classic title) and Golden was a Vita exclusive.

MB, cant tell Sonys handhelds apart since I never owned any of them. Anyway there didnt exist a good port yet so they could have easily taken more $.

Reinhardt

Arcane
They sound like they freed themselves from slavery and crossed red sea lol.
It is a fucking port mates.
Port of good game > (((some people))) murdering lots of babies and stealing everything that was not nailed down before fleeing from chase.

raesha

Educated
no p3 or p5?
If this sells well, more will follow.

With Sega putting a boot up Atlus arse to go along with what makes them more money, Atlus attitudes to PC as a platform matters substantially less.

Readher

Savant
Official Japanese Persona account changing avatar and background from P5 to P4G and celebrating P4G PC release. It turns out that the PC version released the same day as Vita version (14.06) in Japan.

Eabz6dEVcAAMSDf

Also, quite ironic to see people "port begging" for a PS4 port, lol.

Last edited:

Readher

Savant
So.

Before I spend big money, are the improvements over the classic PS2 version worth to buy again ?

Depending on where you live, check out Fanatical and 2game (the latter is region locked to Europe, use WARIO64 code). It might be cheaper than on Steam for you.

As for imporvements, someone listed all the changes Golden brings in this thread (a few pages back). Whether they're worth it or not is something only you can answer yourself.

mogwaimon

Magister
Man screw P5 Royal for now let's ride this train and get some classics in here now while we can, let's badger them to bring the PSP version of Eternal Punishment to PC so we can finally have the whole sub-series in English for all their definitive versions. Let's get the PS2 Raidou/Nocturne/DDS, get Etrian Odyssey, get all the games that are a pain in the ass to emulate 100% accurately because the emulator either sucks or you're on a toaster. Then we can kvetch about P5 Royal, they'll probably do that one without any badgering anyways

jungl

Augur
looking at steam reviews. Most of them have anime avatars only play like a hour say its the best game ever also lot of them already played it. I couldn't help but laugh wtf is wrong with these people, for real? I don't know who more autistic the people over at the pathfinder threads or anime fans on steam. I love to be a japanese company and have these autistic losers by my mediocre game for the third time.

Persona 4 like the others persona games in the franchise is a storyfag game. It is a bad one the game really drags out and wastes your time with padding. The plot sucks and you know who the villian is midway. The characters all suck that never rise above their cliche anime archetypes to impress.

Machocruz

Arcane
Remember when I was playing vanilla P4 and SMT3 concurrently on an emulator. Good times. Then I transferred the folders to a different computer and lost all my progress on both somehow :negative:

Tempted to get this but I dont know if I have it in me to do boring ass dungeons over.

looking at steam reviews. Most of them have anime avatars only play like a hour say its the best game ever also lot of them already played it. I couldn't help but laugh wtf is wrong with these people, for real? I don't know who more autistic the people over at the pathfinder threads or anime fans on steam. I love to be a japanese company and have these autistic losers by my mediocre game for the third time.

Persona 4 like the others persona games in the franchise is a storyfag game. It is a bad one the game really drags out and wastes your time with padding. The plot sucks and you know who the villian is midway. The characters all suck that never rise above their cliche anime archetypes to impress.

The problem with Persona are its fans ironically enough. Love the games but they are pretty toxic to each other in saying BEST GAAEEM EVAR at every new entry and think the previous game is shite. Skyway would be proud.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom