Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

abija

Prophet
This new renderer comes alongside continued graphics technology improvements such as a new Bloom system that is used extensively in the Harvest league.
What is this, 2004-2007? Wouldn't be surprised if they make that crap impossible to remove by not giving proper graphic setting, like they did with other.
Bloom, the reason to disable postprocessing.
All that talk during exilecon about them learning from games like rdr2 and other shit and then bam! new bloom mofos...

Gerrard

Arcane
:shredder: My luck is all gone next league.

ruOMF5p.jpg

Perkel

Arcane
Well new league seems to be something i can actually play with my janky builds. No timer means i can play it.

edit: wtf. I see this guy non stop in my game on oriath.

unknown.png

Perkel

Arcane
blood dance wasnt common unique right? Wondering if I can hope of getting it in ssf somehow

Blood Dance is common unique. Just not that common like some trash. It is go to piece to generate Frenzy charges.
Which is also why i don't understand rework of them. IT changes nothing.

There are shitload of old uniques that require a lot of work to make them viable like Crown of Eyes etc. but they somehow focused on either uniques that actually work or uniques that are not common.

Perkel

Arcane
The point i am making is that this unique already had use and it was not trash. There was nothing wrong with it.

Instead they should focus on stuff like Crown of Eyes which since ~1.0 is basically useless because they changed most of gems "increased" to more when it comes to attack and almost every other source of spell increased damage was renamed to elemental damage or other kind of not "spell damage"

There are plenty of trash uniques that drop commonly and are literal trash because game meta outpaced them years ago. Good example of that is Rigwald two haded sword it provides 0 unique things to it and damage is barely better than trash mediacore rare. Literally a vendor trash.

Typical trash that just needs some stat correction to be actually useful. It was made in time when multistrike was something rare and you had to find. Today you can just buy it, Just give it better damage and at least still you can use it as leveling unique, in this form it is just trash.

unknown.png

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
blood dance wasnt common unique right? Wondering if I can hope of getting it in ssf somehow

Depends on how much you play and juice. It's not a common unique, but I did find it a couple of times before hitting 36/40 and had to take them off my filter eventually. Why you want to do RF Trickster in SSF is beyond me, but that's your decision.

Perkel

Arcane
What do you mean why ? For science.
I also run plenty of custom janky builds. I never use PoB and i hate reading wikis.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Probably going to return to PoE when the league starts. Last time I played was legion, new atlas and cluster jewels seem cool. Bunch of new skills but actual melee still seems relatively shit. And I don't feel like doing frost blades or flicker strike yet again (even if they're more powerful than ever) so I'll probably try a miner this time around, that seems much less annoying now and is easy to level without trading. Minions are also kinda tempting with the new AI stuff, but I've been playing a minion build in Grim Dawn so kinda burnt out on that. Animate weapon is tempting though, I love the theme and the synergy with blade spells makes it so much better.

Edit: Didn't there used to be a chest piece or something that let you animate unidentified magic weapons? Was trying to search for it earlier but no luck.
EditEdit: NVM I found it, it makes magic items drop identified but people still don't know how to make it drop years later wtf.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
NVM I found it, it makes magic items drop identified but people still don't know how to make it drop years later wtf.
There are people who have figured it out, but they haven't made it public. There will usually be a few pieces that show up on trade every league, at huge prices.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Last minute SSF 40/40
f7avLPG.jpg

I wish the league had 1-2 more weeks, so I could have done this more naturally and maybe got a lvl100 in the process as well.

eklektyk

Erudite
next legue i will prob play jugg coz fuck ggg and whoever pretends to do enemy/boss encounters and have fetish on oneshots/on death effects/causstrophobic boss arrenas and other bullshit they produced for frikin THREE legues straight ....

lets hope this one person responsible for this shit went on cvacations or smth

Perkel

Arcane
Edit: Didn't there used to be a chest piece or something that let you animate unidentified magic weapons? Was trying to search for it earlier but no luck.
EditEdit: NVM I found it, it makes magic items drop identified but people still don't know how to make it drop years later wtf.

It is league item. Beyond i think which like all league items you get that drop under league influence. So breach items from breach etc. I got that chest-piece like 4 days ago randomly doing maps on standard.

next legue i will prob play jugg coz fuck ggg and whoever pretends to do enemy/boss encounters and have fetish on oneshots/on death effects/causstrophobic boss arrenas and other bullshit they produced for frikin THREE legues straight ....

lets hope this one person responsible for this shit went on cvacations or smth

That is intentional design combined with idiots. Basically GGG wants from PoE to be twitch ARPG and then FX team shits all over screen every time.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
That is intentional design combined with idiots. Basically GGG wants from PoE to be twitch ARPG and then FX team shits all over screen every time.
I think it's more of an unintentional problem with their design philosophy. GGG wants the game to be hardcore and difficult. But people keep finding ways to trivialize the content. This hurts the designers souls, and so for the next league/balance patch they adjust everything up. Problem is, the people at the top have essentially infinite hp recovery and sustain, and a clear speed measured in screens per second. So the devs find themselves relying on on-death effects, one shots, etc because those things can interact even with the most broken of builds.

They should just design the game for people who aren't putting 100+ hours into every league and let the broken builds be invulnerable, but alas, that is not what we get.

Damned Registrations

They should just design the game for people who aren't putting 100+ hours into every league and let the broken builds be invulnerable, but alas, that is not what we get.
They can't do that though because it would ruin the trade economy. And the entire business model is focused on forcing players to look at other players wearing sparkly hats they got from a 20$ lootbox. So they need loot to be so obnoxiously rare that you need a 5 screen per second blender to farm it before dying of old age, so the top .1% of players can dole out the good items to the plebs and the plebs can give their 20000 alteration orbs to the top players so they can craft their ilvl 9999 panties into god tier versions and clear even faster.

Problem is, the people at the top have essentially infinite hp recovery and sustain, and a clear speed measured in screens per second. So the devs find themselves relying on on-death effects, one shots, etc because those things can interact even with the most broken of builds.
You're on the mark here, but there's one more factor: players hitting alt-f4 to avoid death. They made the game about healing to full or dying in less than a second because if it takes 5 seconds to kill a player they can just disconnect before they ever die. And if they made players die when they disconnected people would bitch about that too. Which I still think is a better option, since as it stands people die from a split second of lag instead, which is more common than a disconnect.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
You're on the mark here, but there's one more factor: players hitting alt-f4 to avoid death. They made the game about healing to full or dying in less than a second because if it takes 5 seconds to kill a player they can just disconnect before they ever die.
This is kind of true but it still consumes a portal, same as dying. There is no exp penalty though, and if you are in hc it is obviously superior. There is some truth to what you say though, but I feel like it takes a backseat in most places to flasks and leech. As long as your clear speed is decent, you have practically infinite flask charges except for bosses, and even 0.2% leech will frequently be enough to let you hit the leech cap of 1/3rd of max life/s.

And if they made players die when they disconnected people would bitch about that too.
Afaik the game does take a few seconds to time you out on a real disconnect, meaning you can totally die from that. You can't die from a server crash though, because that destroys the map as well.

They can't do that though because it would ruin the trade economy.
Why would the top .1% of builds being actually invulnerable instead of just almost invulnerable ruin the economy? But yes, the easy availability of trade is also a problem since it will easily double or triple the gear quality of those that use it.

Damned Registrations

Why would the top .1% of builds being actually invulnerable instead of just almost invulnerable ruin the economy?
It's not that, rather it's that the top 1% of builds would now be almost invulnerable, so there'd be 10 times as much high end loot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom