Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Zoria: Age of Shattering - a party-based RPG with base management

NeLeS

Tiny Trinket Games
Developer

NeLeS

Tiny Trinket Games
Developer
Hey, awesome, fast catch, we just released the page.
Yeah, it's also coming to Steam in the form of a Prologue. Content-wise it will about the same thing, but with a number of improvements, mainly updated UI and all the fixes that we apply to the demo as well based on feedback ... and probably a few improvements also, based on the feedback.

The choice is based on Steam's way of promoting content = 0 visibility for a DEMO but full game visibility for a Free Prologue (same thing, but we pay the fee for a game launch :)) - and as a very small team/studio visibility is most important.

We welcome feedback either way and from any source - here, Discord, itch.io / Gamejolt, Steam when it's released. We hope you like the demo, just keep in mind everything you see can be subject to change based on feedback and also, we didn't include the management systems - they activate in the Outpost you are supposed to reach after the end of the DEMO.

There should be an update in a couple of days on itch.io / Gamejolt based on feedback, if you feel like avoiding a few minor bugs we bumped into.

Tavernking

Don't believe his lies
Developer
73D1r8u.png

pivE1Gu.png

Nice.

Sloul

Savant
Is there any character creation in the finished version?

I played the demo and the combat felt minimalist, it was only a matter of: i attack, the enemy attack, i attack etc.

NeLeS

Tiny Trinket Games
Developer
Hey Sloul, thank you for your feedback, but would need a little more info on "felt minimalist, it was only a matter of: i attack, the enemy attack, i attack" - it's turn based combat, I don't really know what would make it feel less minimalist. There are many abilities as you progress, offensive, defensive, buffs and debuffs, healing, single target and AOE, but at the very start might feel a little limited, until you unlock more abilities. On the other hand, we don't want to make it over-complex, aiming for a balance of complexity and speed of combat, don't want for a battle with a few characters to last half an hour or so.

Regarding the character creation - the game work differently from a traditional CRPG and so does character creation. Think the way X-COM handles characters, it's quite similar. There is no character creation in the traditional sense, but you don't really play with a single party, the only constant is the commander. The rest of the party you choose who you take with you depending on your preferred style, on the story requirements (maybe a character is needed for a certain quest), on the availability (you can have injured characters waiting to recover), on dungeon specifics (a dungeon high in the mountains will clearly need a mage to summon bridges for example).

Consider the Demo is a mission but we picked your party for you - because of the necessary story development, to introduce you in the world. There are more classes, more abilities and ofc you have your own choices in how you build every character in your roster, what abilities you choose. Together these options should allow for quite a wide variety of play styles.

A few question:
- was combat slow to develop into something interesting?
- did you use the skill system to get more abilities?
- did you get to the end of the demo, through the dungeon?

Thanks, cheers

Sloul

Savant
A few question:
- was combat slow to develop into something interesting?
- did you use the skill system to get more abilities?
- did you get to the end of the demo, through the dungeon?

Thanks, cheers

- yes, it was dull (sorry): no flanking/backstabbing (aka positioning), no movement abilities, no light/darkness mechanic, no fire spread, no environmental interaction/creativeness (aka I kick someone in the balls into oil puddle, so that it falls, and then proceed to burn it by throwing a lamp). etc. etc. etc.
Even if I am going a bit far, what I mean is: dull. Nothing.

- First part of your question: yes.

- No, there was a bug preventing me from finishing the demo (I think), the latest part of my playthrough was killing a mage (the first mage you meet).

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/1216470/view/2190381723567438933

Launch Announcement

Greetings adventurers of the world of Zoria,

Today we have great news and we wanted to share them with you. We finally have a certain date for the release: the 30th of April, 10AM PDT.

Because of that we decided to give everyone a little intro to Zoria: Age of Shattering Prologue.

Zoria: Age of Shattering Prologue is meant to introduce the player to the world of Zoria. The game consists of a series of unique places and events, dungeons, epic fights and classic, party-based RPG adventure.
While Zoria: Age of Shattering will be about balancing management of your followers and Outpost with adventuring out into the world, the Prologue is all about exploration, adventure and the stories and events that lead to the player taking control of the Outpost.

What you will find in this Prologue:

Story and Quests – the story follows the events that lead to the main character taking charge of the Outpost, the formation of his first party of followers and the stories he encounters along the way, stories that, together, paint a picture of the world and its inhabitants.

9a3f461ac7f250b01f5ca84a68292a823d44d362.png

Survival system - resource management and, yes … hunger. Making camp and resting will restore health, vital resources and even cleanse a few negative effects. But resting is only available if the party has the necessary supplies. So, keep an eye for items around you that could provide supplies.

4bf9157d9e7dd6cd55c26fb4b353fb0b50ef33e5.png

Tactical, turn-based combat. Most of the encounters should be easily managed by the player but there are a few that require a little more care and wise management of the available abilities. The combat itself is a mix of old and new, as it is turn-based but not grid-based, and not overly complex, allowing for a greater freedom of movement and gameplay speed.

319763d6aa52fbc66d5ec76a0a33f56d65fcf5f9.png

Abilities and gear management – each follower class has its own abilities to choose from, abilities that get unlocked when a follower reaches certain levels. So different players have the choice of abilities to match their playstyle, for each class. Gear is acquired from combat, exploration and doing certain quests.

e06a2c1dccb5b275b86f9ba852bf8ed4e237327d.png

Environment-specific abilities: in Zoria, some places are only accessible by using some of your follower’s abilities and each class has a different environment-specific ability. Depending on the party, some areas may not be accessible and only returning with a different setup can insure all areas are explored.

5bf248c2498d5d78d1e99c1f249f3abb5099ee0e.png

With all this said, there are still a lot of things left out for the future.

Metal Hurlant

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Decided to give this a go. It's a work in progress so take that into account. It's a pretty easy game and very linear. I had no idea what I was doing and only realised halfway through where your abilities were and you could select different skills. Same with resting and didn't know you could rest and ran out of healing potions early on. I recommend not using any healing potions at all and save them all for the final boss fight because you're going to need every single one of them. The final boss is OP. Rest after each battle which I did. You press R to rest. D'oh! You start rest spamming after each battle and it makes the game easy.

Halfway through once I figured everything out, I went back to the beginning and started again. Also, you get a group of companions at the start of the game that help you out with the first lot of battles and before they leave, you can steal all their stuff - armour, weapons and everything else they have on them and give them to yourself and the next lot of companions that come along.

If you know what you're doing, you could probably finish the prologue in an hour, two at most.

Zoria.jpg

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Steam demo is out.

(Actually I guess it might be the same thing as the prologue?)

NeLeS

Tiny Trinket Games
Developer
Hello everyone,

One of the developers here.
Yeah, the Demo for the festival is about the same things as the Prologue, in terms of content, but with a number of improvements:

- Formations - 4 premade and 3 custom formations.
- Combat UI update - informations on line-of-sight and available abilities on future position, ground indicators for movement and various other small improvements to improve the combat.
- default movement on character turn
- clicking on an enemy engages default attack, if in range
- Compendium update with enemies info, strengths and weaknesses for all enemies - classes, types and variants.
A number of other small improvements and updates and ofc a rebalanced Guardian fight.

Regarding Metal Hurlant's review, a few quick notes:

"It's a work in progress so take that into account." - yeah, very much so, and we might have let it out in the wild a bit soon, with many things not final, but we decided getting feedback on the game early it's better, even if it might put some players off, due to it's state.

"It's a pretty easy game and very linear." - It was intended - to make sure the experience is consistent - again, early state of the game, did not want it to be neither too hard nor too confusing, so we kept the Prologue simple. The following area, Rithvale, where the outpost is located is a free roaming area (I feel open world is too pretentious a word), so the plan is for the game to be less linear than the Prologue was. Sure, there's a storyline, but the player is free to follow the main quest, side quests, we have some secondary quest lines ... so it's not meant to be linear.

Regarding the game systems and functions you were not aware of - yeah, Tutorial was quite bad. We're constantly improving on it, but it's an alpha, the tutorial even more than the game :)

Resting is working a bit differently from the intended final form, that will include alchemy and cooking, so the player can rest, restore the characters attributes and then use potions or food. Also, supplies will be nowhere near as plenty, but we did not want, for the demo / prologue, for less skilled players to get themselves into a corner with no chance of advancing, so we oversupplied ... a lot :cool: The final game will see resting as an option, with ups and downs (increased chance of being attacked while resting for example), but also use potions and food instead to restore health or other attributes. Also, there are the shrines, that ofc work only with a Battle Cleric in the party.

The armor "stealing" was ... well presumed, so we did give them lvl 1 armor :P Our Discord community is quite skilled in RPGs and what exploits we missed, they sure didn't.

Hope you enjoyed your playthrough, we're working on improving the game, its systems and ofc, adding content for the following months. A lot of what we added in terms of improvements this last month, was based on the players feedback, so all feedback is welcome.

Thank you
Cheers

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I gave this a go and got to the forest before I had to go out. The tutorial section is very weak, your party is tremendously overleveled and overpowered. The fact it's not linear is confusing from a structural point of view. The fight with the necromancer is optional, yet it doesn't give you any loot ???

I suggest a complete rewrite. You should start with the whole party together once you leave the keep, but you get separated after 2 battles at most, forcing you to find another way to them alone. That other way is through the graveyard with the necromancer and you rendezvous with them at Orlos, or whatever his name was. There needs to be drama here, defeating him and going your marry way with a sound victory is not a good hook. Either he has to escape or someone has to die (or better yet, turn on you), leaving you weaker than you were before.

The leveling is too fast and the AoE skills have to have downsides. The AoE healing should heal your enemies as well (unless they are undead maybe, for flavor), and the AoE damage should damage your party. I suggest other skills for the first character, he's very boring and very useless. Shield charge or bash instead of that healing thing, Throw Weapon doesn't complement the other skills, I suggest Scorpion from Mortal Kombat-like "get over here" component to the thrown weapon or a different skill entirely.

The party shouldn't be so bunched up together in whatever formation they are using, their positioning at the start of a battle is very awkward and unwieldy, your own characters block line of sight most of the time. The action point economy is also awkward, it doesn't matter what distance you go to, you always consume the whole action point(s). Just shuffling to the side shouldn't do that, you still shouldn't be able to use that action point to attack for example, but you should be able to continue movement until the entire distance the action point grants is covered.

If the bonus party members are representative of your own characters are high lvl, they need better and more useful skills. I threw them a quick glance and they were all damaging or healing spells on a variations on a theme basis.

Last edited:

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I gave this a go and got to the forest before I had to go out. The tutorial section is very weak, your party is tremendously overleveled and overpowered. The fact it's not linear is confusing from a structural point of view. The fight with the necromancer is optional, yet it doesn't give you any loot ???

I suggest a complete rewrite. You should start with the whole party together once you leave the keep, but you get separated after 2 battles at most, forcing you to find another way to them alone. That other way is through the graveyard with the necromancer and you rendezvous with them at Orlos, or whatever his name was. There needs to be drama here, defeating him and going your marry way with a sound victory is not a good hook. Either he has to escape or someone has to die (or better yet, turn on you), leaving you weaker than you were before.

The leveling is too fast and the AoE skills have to have downsides. The AoE healing should heal your enemies as well (unless they are undead maybe, for flavor), and the AoE damage should damage your party. I suggest other skills for the first character, he's very boring and very useless. Shield charge or bash instead of that healing thing, Throw Weapon doesn't complement the other skills, I suggest Scorpion from Mortal Kombat-like "get over here" component to the thrown weapon or a different skill entirely.

The party shouldn't be so bunched up together in whatever formation they are using, their positioning at the start of a battle is very awkward and unwieldy, your own characters block line of sight most of the time. The action point economy is also awkward, it doesn't matter what distance you go to, you always consume the whole action point(s). Just shuffling to the side shouldn't do that, you still shouldn't be able to use that action point to attack for example, but you should be able to continue movement until the entire distance the action point grants is covered.

If the bonus party members are representative of your own characters are high lvl, they need better and more useful skills. I threw them a quick glance and they were all damaging or healing spells on a variations on a theme basis.

Nice try but there is no saving this game, this is just the wrong platform, it's a mix of RTwP designed console game made turn-based (no encounter design, no deployment, piss easy/trash combat) and garbage MMO character development (+1 armor point gives you 0.15% damage reduction or something).

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

A recording of the livestream for the Steam Games Festival Summer Edition, June 21st 2020.
- A full playthrough of the Demo, available on Steam,
- A small presentation of the game and its systems
- Answering all the questions coming from Discord, Steam and Twitch
- A quick presentation of the tools we use while developing this game.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Coming to GOG: https://af.gog.com/game/zoria_age_of_shattering?as=1649904300
https://af.gog.com/game/zoria_age_of_shattering_prologue?as=1649904300

https://zoriagame.com/2020/07/02/stats/

Systems Overview: Stats

Greetings adventurers of Zoria,

We’ve had a busy couple of months with the release of the Prologue and the Steam Summer Festival, going through all the awesome feedback we have received from you and updating and improving the Prologue based on that feedback.

With Prologue update 0.3.5 launched and all that behind us now, we are moving towards finalizing development for the features that are still missing and adding content for the game.

For today’s Devlog we will make an in-depth presentation of updated stats system and its influence on skills and items in the game. We will not be discussing exact numbers since game balance is still ongoing and many of these numbers will probably be adjusted several times before release, but the workings of the system remain in place.

First thing to mention, we are renaming some stats that proved to be confusing for a lot of players to be more in-line with classic RPG players expectations.
  • Mastery becomes Strength
  • Prowess is now more properly named Agility
  • Speed is now Initiative, to better illustrate its role in the combat queue.
Together with the new Stats we are introducing several new concepts:
  • Melee Attack Power
  • Ranged Attack Power
  • Spell Power
  • Block Power
Every ability’s power is influenced by one of these 3 values, and each of these values is directly influenced by a Main Stat.

Block power only applies to characters wearing a shield and mitigates a percentage of the damage received depending on the Block Power of that character.

Stats-1024x572.png

Character Overview
With all this said, character stats now look like this:

Main Stats

These stats directly influence the character’s various attributes (health, damage) and the power of a character’s individual abilities.

• Stamina: directly affects the character’s health. Especially important early game and the single greatest contributor to player survivability.
  • Strength: especially important for melee characters, directly affects Melee Attack Power and increases the Energy pool for Lancer class and Captain. Also increases block power for characters wearing a Shield.
  • Agility: increases Ranged Attack Power for Ranger. Increases Melee Attack Power for Thief. Increases Melee Attack Power for Lancer, Kingsman, Battle Cleric and Captain, to a smaller degree. Increases Energy pool for Ranger, Thief, Kingsman. Increases Crit Chance with values depending on class. Increases Armor.
  • Intellect: Increases Spell Power. Increases Magic Armor. Increases Crit Chance for magic abilities. Increases Mana pool for Wizard, Necromancer, Priest, Battle Cleric, Bard.
  • Armor: reduces the amount of damage received from physical abilities and effects.
  • Magic Armor: reduces the amount of damage received from magic abilities and effects.
Secondary Stats:

• Initiative: it influences the character’s place in the combat queue at the start of the combat as well as the place it will be placed in the queue once that character’s turn is finished. A character with a high Initiative value will be placed higher in the combat queue, once its turn is completed, than a character with a low Initiative value.
  • Hit Chance: chance to hit with an ability. Is directly influenced by level difference between the character and the enemy. The higher the level of an enemy compared to the character, the lower the Hit Chance.
  • Crit Change: Critical chance is influenced by the dominant stat for that class – Agility or Intellect.
Elemental Resistances:

All magic effects belong to a type of elemental magic.

• Fire Magic
  • Water Magic
  • Nature Magic
  • Arcane Magic
  • Death Magic
  • Light Magic
The Light and Death Magic are in direct opposition, with Death Magic wielders being especially weak to Light Magic and Light Magic wielders especially weak to Death Magic abilities.

Enemies weak to Fire Magic are also equally weak to physical Fire effects, like the Fire Arrow Ranger ability.

Elemental resistances mitigate a percent of the incoming damage from that specific element. Gear pieces with elemental resistance have values representing their elemental resistance. These values translate to different percentages of elemental resistance, depending on level, making a low-level gear piece more effective in elemental protection for the appropriate level character.

Effects:

These effects are placed on the character by various abilities and can be temporary (only during combat) or permanent (must be removed either by resting, using a potion or in the Outpost). Each effect influences the player’s stats differently:

• Sunder: can be applied by physical abilities. Decreases the player Armor and can stack multiple effects.
  • Wound: can be applied by physical abilities. Decreases the player Initiative while active.
  • Bleed: can be applied by physical abilities. Deals damage over time to the character until removed.
  • Stun: can be applied by any kind of abilities. Locks the character in the current position in the combat queue for its duration.
  • Poison: can be applied by Nature abilities. Decreases Hit Chance.
  • Disease: can be applied by Nature abilities. Decreases Agility and Intellect.
  • Curse: can be applied by Death abilities. Decreases Strength and Magic Armor.
These effects do not show on the Character Stat sheet but in the abilities description for each ability that places a certain effect. Some enemies can be immune to certain types of effects, making the abilities that place those effects less effective. This immunity will be shown in the Compendium entry for each enemy.

Stats influence on abilities:

The power of each ability of a certain class is affected by a certain main stat. Because of this, different builds for a class can benefit from a different main stat.

As an example, below some of the Kingsman’s abilities and the stats affecting their power:

Strength: Basic Attack, Vanquish thy Foe, Avenger Strike, Bash of Wrath

Agility: Shield Wall, King’s Resolve, Deflect, Hold the Line, Avatar of Protection

Intellect: Magic Absorption, King’s Fire

Fatigue: is a special stat, central to the Fatigue and Outpost recovery mechanic. We will introduce more details on this mechanic in a dedicated post, at a later date.

Together with the Stats update we are also introducing new stats to armor and weapons.

Durability: all weapons and armor now have a certain durability that decreases with each combat. Once a gear item’s durability reaches 0, that item is no longer usable and provides no contribution to the character’s stats.

Armor Types:

• Light Armor: worn by Wizard, Necromancer and Priest classes.
  • Medium Armor: worn by Ranger, Thief, Bard classes and the Captain.
  • Hardened Armor: worn by the Ranger, Kingsman, Lancer, Battle Cleric classes and the Captain.
  • Heavy Armor: worn by the Kingsman and Lancer classes.
Weapon Damage and Spell Damage:

• All weapons have a weapon damage stat. This damage is added to the base attack of the character using that weapon.
  • Specific caster weapons, like the Staff, have a Spell Damage stat instead of Weapon Damage.
There are any more changes coming to Armor and Weapons, but we will detail those systems in our next Developer Log, that will focus on gear and the Crafting System.

https://zoriagame.com/2020/08/19/systems-overview-crafting/

Systems Overview: Crafting

Today is the turn of the Crafting System to receive a thorough presentation. The crafting system is part of the Outpost base and follower management System, but since it is almost complete and ready to go into closed beta testing, we decided to introduce it before the overall presentation of the Outpost.

Crafting in Zoria: Age of Shattering revolves around 2 key elements – recipes and player’s freedom to experiment and optimize.

The Crafting Screen:

The screen is split in 3 parts:
  • Available recipes on the left side
  • Inventory with all the available materials and crafting items on the right side
  • The crafting area in the center.
Once a recipe is selected, that item’s characteristics, bases stats and requirements appear in the crafting area. Each requirement slot must be filled with the specified number of materials (e.g. 2 Crystal slots, 1 metal slot).

Crafting-Step-1-1024x576.jpg

The item’s stats change according to the materials used to fill the slots, the complete stats being visible in the upper part of the central screen.

The lower part of the central screen is where the special slots are located: the Crafting Kit slot and the Unstable Slot.

Below them there is the item’s cost to craft and the Crafting Chance, that will remain 100% as long as no material is added to the Unstable Slot.
Recipes:

In order to craft any item, Armor, Weapon or Trinket, a recipe is necessary. These recipes can be acquired in a number of ways:
  • Through exploration – either on the main area map or exploring dungeons and hidden places.
  • Quest rewards – by performing certain tasks and doing various quests.
  • Missions – by sending characters on unattended missions that reward recipes.
Recipes, just like the items they help craft, are grouped by rarity:
  • Common
  • Uncommon
  • Rare
  • Exotic
  • Epic
Each recipe allows the player to craft a certain item: Armor, Weapon or Trinket, of the recipe’s rarity.

All recipes have the following:
  • Item Level.
  • Item Type: Armor, Weapon, Trinket
  • Base Stats – 1 to 3 base stats, specific to the recipe, depending on item rarity.
  • Item Durability.
  • Crafting Kit slot.
  • Crafting slots, number depending on rarity.
  • Unstable Slot.
Item Level:

• Each recipe can craft an item of a certain level, its base stats depending on this level as much as the recipe’s rarity.
Item Type:

• For Armors – Armor Type – light, medium, hardened, heavy
  • For Weapons – Weapon Type – sword, axe, dagger, …
Base stats, depending on item types:

• Armors can have 1-3 Main Stats, depending on rarity – Stamina, Strength, Agility, Intellect.
  • Weapons can have 1-3 Main or Secondary Stats, depending on rarity.
  • Shields can have 1-3 Main Stats, depending on rarity and also have a Block Chance Stat.
  • Trinkets can have 1-3 Secondary Stats, depending on rarity.
These stats are fixed for each recipe and will add their values to the custom slots of the recipe.

Item Durability:

• All items have a base durability. This base durability is based on the Common Crafting Kit.
  • The items durability can be improved by using better Crafting Kits.
Crafting Kit Slot

• Crafting Kits are the base of any item to be crafted.
  • The Common Crafting Kit can be used to craft any item, either weapon or armor, and it comes with a base Durability value.
  • Other Crafting Kits can be used to craft specific items of greater durability – Uncommon, Rare and Exotic Crafting Kits provide greater durability for the crafted item, but they are specific to an item type.
  • The type of Crafting Kit used is entirely at the player’s discretion, there are no limitations within the recipes.
Freedom to experiment and optimize:

The Crafting Slots and Unstable Slot together allow the player to experiment and craft a number of different items based on the same recipe, depending on the materials used.

Crafting Slots

• There are 2-5 crafting slots for a recipe, depending on rarity.
  • Each Crafting Slot has a Material Type and a quantity – e.g. For a common item, the recipe can have the following slots: 2x Metal and 3x Fabric
  • For an item to be crafted, all required slots must be completed.
  • An item will be successfully crafted using any materials of the type and quantity specified in the Recipe – Metals, Fabrics or Crystals.
  • Each material provides a different stat allowing the player to experiment and create different items starting from the same recipe.
  • Completing all Crafting Slots with the appropriate materials results in 100% chance to craft that item.
Crafting-Step-3-1024x576.jpg

Crafting-Step-4-1024x576.jpg

Unstable Slot

This is the true wildcard of the crafting system, allowing the player greater freedom in crafting but bringing along greater risk in the crafting process.

• Additional to the normal Crafting Slots, that provide 100% chance to craft the item, all recipes also include an unstable slot.
  • This unstable slot is completely optional, filling it is not required to craft an item.
  • The Unstable Slot is the only slot where Fragments can be placed, a special type of crafting material, that provide enhanced stats.
  • The Unstable Slot allows the player to craft more powerful items but with the added risk of the item’s chance to be successfully crafted decreasing.
  • For each item placed in the Unstable Slot, the chance to craft decreases by 15% and the item durability decreases by 3%.
Crafting-Step-6-1024x575.jpg

The Blacksmith:

Being part of the Outpost facilities, crafting is accessible through the Blacksmith and uses the Outpost inventory, where all the materials accumulated during the player’s adventures are located.

Outpost-Structrures-View-1-Blacksmith_resize-1024x576.png

As with most of the buildings in the Outpost, the Blacksmith can be upgraded, providing access to more recipes or other bonuses. More about the Outpost and the upgrade system in a future Devlog.

With crafting is almost in testing phase, Alchemy and Cooking are already in development and they will be the subject of our next Devlog, followed by the other systems that make up the Outpost.

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

A quick look (WIP) at the Wizard's tower area in Thallamar. This city is now the new Capital for the Elion Empire.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

A quick look at creating enemies in Zoria: Age of Shattering
Ori Deathblade is one of the members of Or Cult. He is a melee enemy using arcane enchanted daggers.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1159090/view/3075372026644215510

Devlog: Updates for 2021 so far

It’s been a long time since our last Devlog, but there are also many changes that happened to the game in that time. The main reason we’ve been silent is that we’ve been busy making the game.
Because of this, today’s Devlog is a short and introductory one, with a brief description of all the things that happened to the game since.

Alchemy and Cooking:
our last Devlog was about Crafting, but in the meantime we also implemented the Cooking and Alchemy systems. We will be making a separate Devlog detailing how the systems work in the following days.

7a8cbb21c235ff87e6faaa8336a1bea41d0efcb8.jpg

Quest System Update:
this update is not something immediately obvious to the players, but it’s nonetheless a very important update, as it allows us far more control in crafting the quests and interactions in the game. With this update we now have far more freedom in making dialogue choices as well as quest choices that have real impact and consequences in the game.

717512302d27019f8609c088d6a502b9fb5e5082.png

NPC behavior system:
we wanted the world of Zoria to feel alive and inhabited by all kinds of characters, each with their lives. We achieved this by creating a behavior system for all the humanoid NPCs in the game, friendly or hostile. Each NPC in the game has one or more points of interests and behaviors, triggered by different events in the game.

b0de7dfd37bfea4f58f518480528acb147b32d52.gif

Classes and Abilities update:
this is a big one. We are in the process of updating the skill trees for all the classes in the game, with new abilities and a completely revamped tree. The update is intended to give more agency to the player in customizing all the followers, as well as making the combat more interesting with all kinds of new abilities.
We will return in the following weeks with detailed presentations for each class, the skill tree and all the abilities available.

a2f6addd8d4dda515250e09d86558b30826d08a0.png

Content:
Together with all these updates we have been working on the content, with the first big area in the game, Rithvale, almost complete at this point, in terms of main area, dungeons and encounters. There is still work being done on the main quest, side quests and all the small details that make a game good. As with all the other elements described in this post, we will return with a more detailed post about Rithvale.

We also completely reworked some of the scenes from the Prologue (Thallamar for example) and increased the visual quality overall.

97f8363652619135bc4de4df8b3927af69136176.png

Until further details, I leave you with the new Main Screen background:

youtube_16x9_placeholder.gif

If you want to join the conversation, you can join our Discord:

Tavernking

Don't believe his lies
Developer
Infinitron this is the sixth post you've made in a row, nobody has replied to you, and all you've got is 1 informative and 1 NO react. It's time to let it go man.

ntonystinson

Scholar

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1159090/view/3075372026644215510

Devlog: Updates for 2021 so far

It’s been a long time since our last Devlog, but there are also many changes that happened to the game in that time. The main reason we’ve been silent is that we’ve been busy making the game.
Because of this, today’s Devlog is a short and introductory one, with a brief description of all the things that happened to the game since.

Alchemy and Cooking:
our last Devlog was about Crafting, but in the meantime we also implemented the Cooking and Alchemy systems. We will be making a separate Devlog detailing how the systems work in the following days.

7a8cbb21c235ff87e6faaa8336a1bea41d0efcb8.jpg

Quest System Update:
this update is not something immediately obvious to the players, but it’s nonetheless a very important update, as it allows us far more control in crafting the quests and interactions in the game. With this update we now have far more freedom in making dialogue choices as well as quest choices that have real impact and consequences in the game.

717512302d27019f8609c088d6a502b9fb5e5082.png

NPC behavior system:
we wanted the world of Zoria to feel alive and inhabited by all kinds of characters, each with their lives. We achieved this by creating a behavior system for all the humanoid NPCs in the game, friendly or hostile. Each NPC in the game has one or more points of interests and behaviors, triggered by different events in the game.

b0de7dfd37bfea4f58f518480528acb147b32d52.gif

Classes and Abilities update:
this is a big one. We are in the process of updating the skill trees for all the classes in the game, with new abilities and a completely revamped tree. The update is intended to give more agency to the player in customizing all the followers, as well as making the combat more interesting with all kinds of new abilities.
We will return in the following weeks with detailed presentations for each class, the skill tree and all the abilities available.

a2f6addd8d4dda515250e09d86558b30826d08a0.png

Content:
Together with all these updates we have been working on the content, with the first big area in the game, Rithvale, almost complete at this point, in terms of main area, dungeons and encounters. There is still work being done on the main quest, side quests and all the small details that make a game good. As with all the other elements described in this post, we will return with a more detailed post about Rithvale.

We also completely reworked some of the scenes from the Prologue (Thallamar for example) and increased the visual quality overall.

97f8363652619135bc4de4df8b3927af69136176.png

Until further details, I leave you with the new Main Screen background:

youtube_16x9_placeholder.gif

If you want to join the conversation, you can join our Discord:

Would be something to put an eye on if it fulfills all this

Dexter

Arcane
Atmospheric music, some spelling mistakes in the first few texts you can see which doesn't leave a good first impression. Graphics are alright. TAB is apparently a highlight key that the game calls a "vision ability" lol. "F" auto picks up items from the ground.
20210619143850_1rujy1.jpg

The entire level map is uncovered from the start, although there's no markers, quest pointers or anything like that. Tutorials are just PopUps on the Screen, could be done a lot better. There's ~140 Stat points (main Stat painted Orange) and 5 Abilities you are to choose for every character that joins your party (without knowing much about the combat system or what abilities are useful, this might be a Demo thing to be able to test out different builds).
20210619161549_1fhjj5.jpg
20210619150023_1c6jq6.jpg

HP seems to be relatively important in battle, the more HP a char has, the longer they'll stay in more difficult battles, ~350-400 chars go down easily. For some reason you can even directly increase your Armor or Magic Armor protection as a Stat, weird choice. Lots of lore dumps at the beginning of the game in dialogues, scrolls you can pick up and read, and including "letters" conveniently placed to tell you about the final moments of whatever band of Adventurers. Gets a bit better later. Equipped items don't change character looks, there seem to be some class-specific secret rooms.

There seem to be Shrines with ~1min cool-down that restore your HP and remove Negative Status effects if you have a "Battle Cleric" in your team. Action Points in combat (usually two for each char) are displayed by red jewels at the top of the Screen. Turn Sequence is displayed to the right of the Screen Top down. "Focus" is a battle resource that you cultivate during battle with simpler attacks that you need for more advanced abilities. You usually start battle by walking towards the enemies and doing some basic attacks first.
20210619162103_1onkj3.jpg
20210619173313_1yhkv5.jpg

At the start of the Demo you make your way to a forward military camp right North of your starting location and get the choice of "going through the caves" or taking the way through some "Abandoned Fillondian outpost", choosing the caves requires you to choose a Female Lancer for your party that's proficient in clearing away rubble, the other way a Male Kingsman/Soldier that's proficient with Mechanics. NPCs either don't talk to you or only have generic responses before a Quest advances to the point that it allows you to talk to them, after which they get green glowing globes over their heads. If you go to the Goblin camp South first you can choose between an additional Wizard or a Ranger. You can play with a party of up to four in the Demo, but formations indicate that it could be up to six in the final game.
20210619155000_1pqjpt.jpg

Story seems to be about military trouble between two countries, the Izirian Empire (a "Magocracy" led by powerful Mages and Necromancers) and the Kingdom of Elion, which you are a part of as a Military Captain that's losing the war badly. Otherwise seems a bit generic.

Either my party build was shit or the game got more difficult near the end there, wiped a few times and got by in some fights with only 1 of 4 remaining standing, and only because of buffs, HP and other pot use. There were some mage class Undead enemies doing 3 consecutive attacks every round and Summons and basically just picking off my chars one by one. Position seems important, there's Backstabs leading to Criticals and Side attacks, although I'm not sure how to position a char other than make him attack a target facing a certain way. Some chars also retaliate, was usually the Ranger that launched an arrow towards a Mage's or Necromancer's face when attacked.

Demo is rather lengthy compared to some of the others. It seems competent enough, graphics and assets are pretty good, it shows promise in other ways and with its systems, there's certainly more here than the usual Indieshit Infinitron keeps shilling, but there's just a lot of "beginner's mistakes" in the design everywhere.

Some more Screens:
20210619142313_163kv3.jpg
20210619142332_1s4ji2.jpg
20210619143837_190jcq.jpg
20210619144418_14tjpe.jpg
20210619150437_19wkni.jpg
20210619150751_1dfjgn.jpg
20210619163032_1dwkhc.jpg
20210619163243_1fqk53.jpg
20210619163302_1qijtp.jpg
20210619165002_17ijbx.jpg
20210619165414_19qjc0.jpg
20210619170236_1bgk2l.jpg
20210619172440_1gzj6y.jpg
20210619172642_1asjs1.jpg
20210619174146_1omkn7.jpg
20210619183505_1kska5.jpg
20210619190050_1gljoe.jpg
20210619190153_185j41.jpg
20210619200507_1bek5x.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom