Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's succeed at RimWorld!

ValeVelKal

Arcane
Edited the first post with :

- A nice index
- A list of who will play, and who will be pawn + clarification on how I order the pawn list :
Demo.graph had been skipped by mistake and is restored where he should be (2nd in the list, except if Johannes already played this month and gave other names :) )
Thanks to Johannes for naming a pawn SmartCheetah. He was indeed the next in line though I had not put him yet.

Now it is well started, can I repropose the following player to be in the playing list :

Andnjord : I count on you very specifically :)
Demo.Graph
Azira - buy the game :)
AgentFransis
Turisas Grimwulf You were called by your buddies
Dayyālu I know you are always ready for SG :)

Andnjord

Arcane
Andnjord : I count on you very specifically :)
fQzyGvU.jpg

Very well, if you insist...

First time I EVER edit a picture, hope you're proud Vale :D

EDIT: ValeVelKal To clarify, I just realized that it isn't quite clear that I am in fact accepting. My fault for picking the image of Caesar refusing the crown from Marc Anthony, but I couldn't think of a better one.

EDIT 2: So that's how you crop images....

Last edited:

Johannes

Arcane
Some more summer, I play in short sessions now, but I better do the report now that I still remember what happened.

We get a new quest:
61bnEKb.jpg

Really nice rewards, and a somewhat risk-free quest though it takes effort to care for the prisoners. I'm leaning towards the first one, that allows us to skip researching the instrument line completely even if a legendary piano plays just the same as a lesser one, though it looks nicer. Megascreen is great for recreation too, and gold can be given to empire for promotions I think. The bionic leg would be great too, but the other things there aren't that interesting since we don't have a powerful psyker yet. Plasteel can be used for sturdier turrets, but I haven't bothered with turret tech now either (animals are a good defense for time being). Goodwill is potentially really useful too, if you reach the ally status ( >75 goodwill), then you can request caravans and defense help from them. But tribals have the lamest caravans (no hitech stuff) and don't have drop pods so they can't send troops either.

I won't take the quest quite yet, I'll prepare a better prison/hospital first. It's a new disease for me also, added in a recent patch I think.

PuvXZVZ.jpg

And another caravan arrives, it's trading season right now apparently.

iABDmLL.jpg

It's a bulk good trader, this one will finally accept to buy our wares. We sell our excess clothes, drugs, and some meat, and get components, steel, chemfuel (to make molotov cocktail), neutroamine (used for various drugs), a single pig (would've gotten a breeding pair but they only had sows), and all of their silver.

2MQ2tk6.jpg

Prisoners keep fighting with each other, one loses a finger:
oWuidP8.jpg

Both of our doctors and our prisoners get sick with corona:
ksFT79l.jpg

A red fox tries to hunt one of our guinea pigs, but a heroic donkey slays the thief. And barely survives the fight herself, almost bleeding to death afterwards.

Also note how many animals Tindrli has tamed. They're mostly untrained though, since all the time's been spent taming instead of training.
h4EK05Q.jpg

iOjsozY.jpg

Some random dudes wander in for a visit, they don't even have anything to trade.

SL6YLok.jpg

And another quest:
TT9mlvh.jpg

sRuAu06.jpg

That's the guy we could get as a quest reward. Pretty good since now our only planter, Comtesse, is constantly overworked. But the royal favor would be nice too, it'd give one new psylink gadget for us. Goodwill to Empire isn't that helpful until we have someone of higher rank though, IIRC you can't request stuff from them unless you have that. I'm leaning towards taking in the colonist.

For the royal favor, Comtesse is a yeoman now. So she could reach the next rank with this, though I think she's not an ideal psyker since she's constantly working, due to being good at both plants and construction. So she doesn't have free time to meditate so much. Though right now nobody has extra time really, with so much hauling of the crops, restructuring the base, etc to be done. I'm not really sure who to plop the psyker gadgets into for best benefit. And does it really have to be the same guy as who has the ranks now, not sure...

What do you think of the rewards, what to go for? Raiding the camp should be doable with massive animal charge.

aU6AlEB.jpg

And then some thrumbos wander in. I don't have time to hunt them now, but it should be ok with using the animals as meat shields. Maybe we lose some animal, but we have a ton of animals so that's still fine.

Other stuff that's been going on, I've gotten microelectronics for a better research bench and orbital trade possibility. Also a huge corn harvest just ripened, we're really well off for food now. Also drug research has been done, we're now able to make yayo and flake (not-cocaine and not-crack). Now researching medicine production, then we can combine herbal+neutroamine into proper medicine. Then it's a bit safer to take the sick prisoners quest.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Should just turn the prisoners into organ donors.

ValeVelKal

Arcane
Really nice rewards, and a somewhat risk-free quest though it takes effort to care for the prisoners. [...]

I won't take the quest quite yet, I'll prepare a better prison/hospital first. It's a new disease for me also, added in a recent patch I think.
And that's, folks, the difference between an European like me and (presumably) an American like Johannes. I create an AirBnb, he converts it into a for-profit jail.

iABDmLL.jpg

I am impressed by the number of tamed animals indeed. Caravans are going to be easy to do.
Who is bounded to "Serenade" ? And what is the icon next to Mare 2 ?
Prisoners keep fighting with each other, one loses a finger
"I don't call that jailor violence. I lost a middle finger too"
[/spoiler]

That's the guy we could get as a quest reward. Pretty good since now our only planter, Comtesse, is constantly overworked. But the royal favor would be nice too, it'd give one new psylink gadget for us. Goodwill to Empire isn't that helpful until we have someone of higher rank though, IIRC you can't request stuff from them unless you have that. I'm leaning towards taking in the colonist.

For the royal favor, Comtesse is a yeoman now. So she could reach the next rank with this, though I think she's not an ideal psyker since she's constantly working, due to being good at both plants and construction. So she doesn't have free time to meditate so much. Though right now nobody has extra time really, with so much hauling of the crops, restructuring the base, etc to be done. I'm not really sure who to plop the psyker gadgets into for best benefit. And does it really have to be the same guy as who has the ranks now, not sure...

What do you think of the rewards, what to go for? Raiding the camp should be doable with massive animal charge.

Sure do, and pick the dude I think :)

Other stuff that's been going on, I've gotten microelectronics for a better research bench and orbital trade possibility. Also a huge corn harvest just ripened, we're really well off for food now. Also drug research has been done, we're now able to make yayo and flake (not-cocaine and not-crack). Now researching medicine production, then we can combine herbal+neutroamine into proper medicine. Then it's a bit safer to take the sick prisoners quest.

Is there any good reason to have different drugs going. Isn't one drug to avoid the chemical starvation penalty enough ?

ValeVelKal

Arcane
A bit late on that one, but I must say that the early Julaugust update was legendary :

- I learned new tricks for opening ancient dangers - just wait for a caravan to be there to help you,
- The wave of people just ... losing it ... was awesome to see. Plus the party with Azira insulting everyone,
- Having lost my favorite finger, I have to state that I was the only one with a good reason to pass my nerves on something (eg a megasloth),

Also, I checked a bit on the wiki and discovered thanks to you that Nutrient Provider is incredibly more efficient than cooking : not only the negative impact is "only" -4 and you save on the cooking time, but you also save on the hunting time as it produces the most food-unit-by-piece-of-raw-meat. It will definitely changes my strategy in the future.

Andnjord

Arcane
Good thing this isn't Dwarf Fortress and the pawns don't remember stressful events long term or we'd be looking at a tantrum spiral right now!
I was the only one with a good reason to pass my nerves on something (eg a megasloth),

I can only imagine the scene in the freezer, an elephant sized animal splattered all over the floors and walls and Vale casually walking out covered in blood as if nothing happened :lol:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Drugs are there for emergencies but they do permanent damage if you're unlucky.

Johannes

Arcane
The next day, the royal tribute collector arrives. They'll help also with dealing with the thrumbos, no need to endanger our animals after all.

14yj6ub.jpg

Doctoring while stoned isn't the best idea, but I suppose it beats not getting treatment
tsPEVFX.jpg

Then as Tindrli has gotten his flu meds, time to thrumbo hunt. He's quite good at dealing with animals now, so he can take a lot of shots before the thrumbo gets aggressive. But eventually it does happen
2NQrl78.jpg

JcL5Gik.jpg
nM1lJQ5.jpg
Alas, one of the thrumbos manages to kill one of the tribute collectors. This worsens our standing with empire a bit, as seen on the top of that last image. Both thrumbos still die, so it's a net positive.

Next up, Armlax mechhive decides to attack us out of the blue! I call in our animals to defend, by designating their allowed area into the main street where they're dropping with their drop pods.
N07xGPE.jpg

jGd2cue.jpg

kMfEPsA.jpg

aQIx2f7.jpg
Animals and Tindrli mob the pikemens on the street, while Comtesse and SmartCheetah take out the one in the still-empty prison quarters. finally the Lancer trying to destroy the stove is the last one standing, but he's kicked by a horse and shot down as well.

Overall nice defence, one donkey died from a needle to her brian. A bunch of other wounds as well, but only that one fatality.

Then it's time to clean this mess, and turn the mech corpses into steel. Previously they gave out plasteel and components too, but that got nerfed, now it's pretty thankless return economically, more about just ridding us of the corpses.

Once again Johannes is "too smart" to deal with the boredom of normal living, and decides to pig out on... nutrient paste.

And we accept the prisoners quest, as their ascetic quarters are now ready and prepared. They're brought in by drop pods, anesthesized, so we carry their bodies to their cells.

NTEJA8G.jpg

11xg8Yq.jpg

jrnw1Ev.jpg

KIR6qUc.jpg
The blood rot doesn't seem hard to deal with. Just herbal medicine keeps the affliction at <10%, (it needs to reach 100% to kill I believe), there's no immunity meter like with infections, plagues or flus, but apparently it'll go away after an indeterminate amount of time. Good treatment makes the disease percentage go down, with really good success it can just stay at 0,1%. So it's not too dangerous of a disease, just needs constant attention.

The prisoners also refuse to sleep on beds that are designated medical, unless they have some health trouble on top of the blood rot. So gotta make them normal prisoner beds then. Gavin's happy to stay in the med bed, since he flipped out and got beat as a reward. But when his bed is made from medical to normal, he suddenly falls out of it.

And suddenly a psychic shipwreck falls near us. It emits feminist propaganda that makes all men feel bad. It must be destroyed asap, but it's guarded by 3 melee mechanoids.
4myEqxb.jpg

Tindrli shoots at it, and the Scythers wake up. At first only one approaches Tindrli and the animal horde, which makes things a bit easier

KjyBiJE.jpg

57Ng68R.jpg

A horse is heavily wounded by the mechanoid, a field animal bed hospital is enacted and Tindrli quickly stops the bleeding without using any medicine at all. The mare will survive, but has a miscarriage due to the poor health.
aXApzYd.jpg

The remaining mech pair are then killed also, but they take an alpaca and a buck with them. Bucks are kinda useless anyway (don't produce anything, can't haul), the ones we have are just from random self-taming events. They can still die for the cause.

The ship is then destroyed. The new prisoners keep acting up, not happy about the tight rationing of food and their tiny cells. But that's ok, we can beat them as long as they don't die. Sometimes it's not that far off, Comtesse lopped a leg off one with his club - I switched her plasteel knife to a stone club so these guys wouldn't bleed all over when they chimp out.

It saves some time to not have to ferry them food all the time, so I haven't fed them at all yet - that's what the "medical emergency" red flag is for, too. But can't keep that up forever, since folks starve to death super fast in this game. It's super inefficient to haul them food all the way from the dispenser for each one, I may do them a dispenser of their own or just periodically haul a big bunch of meals to the entry room to cut down on travel time. It may be a mistake too to keep them in their own cells, unlike with normal prisoners there isn't much downside if they keep beathing each other when angry, instead of the door. As we just have to keep these guys alive, not in good mood or good health.
cJAL0gK.jpg

And another construction quest.
rYuXyrU.jpg

We're also running out of electricity now, not sure what's exactly the cause, since I haven't added much anything in a while. Maybe as it gets colder, the heaters gotta work more now? So I add another solar panel.

RzsjW6I.jpg

Actually now that I'm writing this, I realize I didn't turn off the machining table after shredding the mechs. But we've got a lot of components so the extra solar shouldn't slow us down at all, it'll be nice to have later on anyway.

Accepted the bandit quest, the location is a day to the north and we've got only 12 days to complete it. We should do that before the winter comes, anyway, so animals can graze on the way. Will get to it soon.

I'm thinking of this prisoner now, actually we should recruit him too... He could become our nobleman. He's not good at anything other than shooting and potentially crafting, but his jogger makes him good also for combat. He could just laze around, meditate, do drugs, and then run fast when combat occurs and do his psy shit and shootan. So maybe not take quests for noble rank before this guy's on the roster, but then start boosting him asap, and make the throne then also.
Wcp31td.jpg

E: also note the sick alpacas, 4 of them caught they plague. They'll be fine, just needs some care and herbal medicine for them.

Last edited:

Johannes

Arcane
Is there any good reason to have different drugs going. Isn't one drug to avoid the chemical starvation penalty enough ?
For that, yes, but hard drugs are generally useful for other things too. Makes people happy without the productivity loss that weed gives, and it's better for selling too. It's dangerous for your kidneys down the line, but luckily those can be replaced.

The "craft" work type that has all the drug making under it is a clusterfuck, btw - it has all kinds of things under it, like crafting clothes/weapons at crafting spot (uses "crafting" skill), making joints at crafting spot (uses cooking skill), making drugs at drug lab (uses intellectual skill), and dumb labor types like cutting stone blocks and making chemfuel, which don't use any skill at all. So it's really annoying how you cannot easily control that only somebody skilled in it will perform a task. You can assign a crafting bill to a specific person to do it, but then it cuts out the possibility of having more than one person being able to do it.

Johannes

Arcane
And the autumn continues.

Making some kibble, to use the insect meat from way back when the ancient crypt got the infestation.
ChUCqSL.jpg

Also researching Packaged Survival Meal, which lets us turn our food into a non-perishable and sellable form. We've got kinda unnecessarily much food right now, we can sell some of it when the opportunity arises - and it's still usable as food if shit hits the fan.

Our tribal prisoners attempt an escape, though they're all bruised up from previous berserk fits and fights.
qvO02cc.jpg

oj63iiQ.jpg

jSNrGqE.jpg

QCcSAtt.jpg

A rhino goes on a rampage after getting shot

9mkZiSR.jpg

hrpvjVv.jpg

uWTnNN7.jpg

Tindrli doesn't get hurt at all, but his trusty hunting guard Mare 2 get her hoof permanently damaged.

Soon after the failed jailbreak attempt, alpaca who got punched by white has a miscarriage.
SaTUEiB.jpg

Tindrli starts on the training of the animals, but it'll be a long process. Also building the quest monument out of wood here.

We also now have recruited both of the barbarian prisoners into civilization. Andnjord will be a helper on construction, and also help with the training of the animals - he's not that good at it yet, but the workload of all these animals is too much for Tindrli if he wants to do anything else than training, and he's got the passion. Demo.graph will do odd jobs, maybe get into nobility sometime in the future, and pretty soon she's leaving to raid the quest outpost with Tindrli and a bunch of animals.
eYlLdJ8.jpg

5hBP7F1.jpg

And a new quest:
c9e85Hw.jpg

9acowVI.jpg

It's a goddamn tough quest, two raids of 25 people. Though we get 6 extra dudes to help with it, that's still a crazy amount... But the reward is great too, 24 advanced components? That's a yuge boon for when we reach research to make bionic body parts and such, though that's still a while away. Plasteel is also good for a lot, it'll be useful for making stronger turrets on the short term. The raider's loot, and the prisoners, would also be magnificent. We've got just 4 days to accept though, not sure if it's feasible to get the base into a shape that can defend against them so fast. Turret research is almost done, I could blow all the steel n components we have into those, and then we need some kind of better perimeter wall to force them to face those turrets. And need to reorganise the base itself too, to make some kind of barracks for the 6 archers.

Never seen an animu stone before, but not really relevant for us as we have no tribal psykers. Wait, we do have one of the psyker artifacts, I'll let Demo.graph take that so then we will actually have a tribal psyker... But the first reward is still better.

Another thing to make for a better defense is to research go-juice production, at least the rented archers could use it and we wouldn't even care about addiction. But that research time takes away construction time from Johannes.

In any case, I'll try to make the base as defensible as possible asap, see how it looks like in 4 days (during that time also Tindrli and Demo.graph will go and kill the quest outpost, that'll take maybe 2 days back and forth), see how it looks like, if something special happens in that time, to finally judge whether to take this crazy quest or not.

What do you think about it?

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I've never played Rimworld but if you think you can mount a successful defense without losing too much then definitely go for it, as the update will be legendary! And nice to see I'm next on the pawn list, maybe we can capture a chad raider and convert him to our civilization.

SmartCheetah

Arcane
Hmm, depends on those raids. Are they gonna raid instantly after you take that quest, or it's gonna be random in 17 days window. I don't think you'd be able to build a proper working killbox in 4 days, but who knows? If there won't be any other chores? Also - depends on Bladed Frogs. If those dudes come mostly with melee stuff and bows/javelins, it shouldn't be that hard. Guns, on the other hand...
All those animals might be helpful tho. Lets say I'd go for it. You made a lot of great decisions thus far, so what exactly might go wrong?
:popamole:

Johannes

Arcane
Hmm, depends on those raids. Are they gonna raid instantly after you take that quest, or it's gonna be random in 17 days window. I don't think you'd be able to build a proper working killbox in 4 days, but who knows? If there won't be any other chores? Also - depends on Bladed Frogs. If those dudes come mostly with melee stuff and bows/javelins, it shouldn't be that hard. Guns, on the other hand...
All those animals might be helpful tho. Lets say I'd go for it. You made a lot of great decisions thus far, so what exactly might go wrong?
:popamole:
We could all die, that's the risk in it. Or alternatively just most of us. Nothing too detailed can be done in 4 days for sure, but an outer wall to funnel everything to a single point of entry with turrets may be possible. Just gotta make everyone work on that effort, crafting stone blocks and building (everyone who's not out raiding or needed for research... Lots of things to do here). I'm not sure when they will attack in that window, I guess it's random, but could be some more elaborate formula too. At least I hope it woouldn't be right on the start, but ofc that could happen even with random timing.

The types of guys, or the equipment at least, that they're sending is detailed in the quest description, here's the list of the various types:
https://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Raider#Mercenaries
So it's kinda guaranteed to have some rocket launcher guys even.

I also got the idea to send Azira into the nearest outlander settlement, which is a bit less than 2 days away with a horse. Sell most of the dusters made by SmartCheetah, most of the drugs we have (we have a lot), and packaged meals to procure some gear for the battle, hopefully doomsday/triple rocket launchers, psychic shock/insanity lances, (these are all really powerful 1-use items), and whatever else there is handy. Maybe donate stuff if there's enough to reach "allied" status, which enables us to ask them to send squads to help with our defense.
Just gotta hope he doesn't get attacked, since he can't defend himself...

Johannes

Arcane
And the rest of autumn:

The goal then is to properly make the base safe. So let's stop the work on the monument for now.
7aRXDRI.jpg

Tindrli tried to tame a rhino, it didn't work out so he hunted it instead. And insulted Azira on the way back.
TOpInTv.jpg

Azira leaves on a trading mission, taking pregnant mares and two donkeys with him:
qOL5IM6.jpg
Aj9hMr3.jpg

I forgot to give him a bedroll, so he will be a bit unhappier and I think also sleep longer, oh well.

And Tindrli and demo.graph leave to the outpost. demo.graph also has take the psycast artifact, and can now do the "painblock" cast.
They take with them the stallions, who can take damage unlike the mares who ideally stay safe to avoid miscarriages.
a52K6LD.jpg
Bs28w2j.jpg

Andnjord pays respects to the dog he never knew. Did you know it's usually ideal to have your graves in your dining room, to cut down on walking distance for the action? This grave placement has a more annoying issue too, as you will soon see...

Yayo use is rampant now to boost working efficiency and morale.
cwIBHU1.jpg

EmSBEYp.jpg

Azira runs into a caravan on the road. They're pretty limited in what they buy, we give them packaged meals in return for a psychic shock lance. They've got other good stuff to, but can't afford it since they don't want to buy the rest of our goods.

GN6FrPi.jpg

BXAvDxh.jpg

The other caravan arrives in the outpost, and the fight ensues:

HZL2OUg.jpg

Some simple battle preparations
BOp9sdu.jpg

Tindrli opens with a rifle shot to the head. one stallion is sent to a different position, to distract some of them. The enemies have short-ranged guns mostly, revolvers and pistols. One has a knife, and none are particularly good fighters.
I8VGLMk.jpg

f7thvlC.jpg

q4m4JKd.jpg

The animals are just fleeing from the enemies, instead of standing their ground in the area I've assigned for them. I don't remember this happening before.
BclFmGJ.jpg

The pistoleros charge towards us over the shifting sand, one dies while other wants to take cover behind the cliff
Rh0di9l.jpg

C4OX5jC.jpg

We retreat behind these rocks so that we can both fire at that guy, while Eller can't target us here without moving
yPIQ5Ob.jpg

We manage to down these, and John the Butcher who was threatening our stallion flees. We're not taking a prisoner here, he's lost a leg too, but we strip him of his clothes. The other guys are wearing disgusting tainted clothes, nobody wants to wear a garment somebody died in - but this guy's gear is fine.
hWLDQuh.jpg

zhccPQ4.jpg

The people are luckily unwounded, then it's just a matter of patching up the horses, looting their gear (including deconstructing the solar panel for its components), and hunting a megasloth for its meat and leather (you can butcher without the usual bench, using a butcher spot that gives you less produce, but costs nothing to build). And the quest reward guy arrives via drop pod to our base.
3vUQ4TU.jpg

iwxd2Ms.jpg

G43vXkB.jpg

There was no bed designated for him yet, but he doesn't mind...
5x6A4zI.jpg

For Azira, there's some technical problems... When he moves east, the animals are no longer able to graze in the climate. So they eat his meals instead, leaving him hungry.
At least he can buy more in the settlement, but that's pretty much money down the drain...
lHd6gXq.jpg

Plasteel is mined, to make sturdier turrets with. And walls are being built, the north side will have an open entrance for enemies but a good defensive position, aka killbox.
A4mqlQf.jpg

XZoXRk9.jpg

The victorious caravan returns home
SoNVzY3.jpg

Azira is again out of food, pissed off, but almost home. Simultaneously the quest timer is almost over, we gotta accept the quest before he gets back.

Somehow I forgot to take a screenshot of the wares bought, but it was an insanity lance, animal pulser (makes all wild animals on the map to turn manhunters), medical neurotrainers (used by Johannes and ValeVelKal - now the former is a passable doctor, since he previously had passion but low skill. And Vale went medical 11->14 iirc, making her more reliable in important surgeries), triple rocket launcher (1-use item also, launches 3 rockets with splash damage in sequence), some components and a bionic eye. And a cow and a pair of huskies. And some meals, but they ran out, as the animals kept snacking some of them again at the start of the journey.
W5W1mbc.jpg

Aand the quest is accepted. The archers are damn useless - they won't do any labor, don't have good fighting skills, and cannot change their gear from crappy shortbows. Eh, they're still ok meatshields, but I expected better.

And the prisoner herself too, she can sleep on the floor of the room of the other prisoners for now. For the archers I'll make beds now into the old dining room, which has now served as SmartCheetahs bedroom. The old table and chairs will be repurposed to beds.
wuA1wY5.jpg

The archers also go pay their homage at the Altar of the Dog. It's since been separated from the base proper, since you cannot build on mud.
MtTioNn.jpg

And Azira reaches home before the Bladed Frogs send their deathsquad.
ZYl0Rov.jpg

And a few hours later, it's time for battle.

The walls are basically complete, but the animals are caught grazing outside...
US05SOW.jpg

KEXts1r.jpg

PsSRgiD.jpg

So no, it's not THAT battle... Rather some tribals streaming in from all directions.

I try to call the animals in but they're sleeping, so they don't respond immediately to the change of their designated area.

They're sappers, but they mostly don't care to break through the walls as I suppose the animals seem like a juicy target to them. The final patch of wall is completed right on time, too.
vK3GqE6.jpg

xo7jnd8.jpg

WgK8FQA.jpg

One group still breaches the wall:
tNAYzoQ.jpg

And Tindrli has had enough. He's not in a bad mood, but he decides he will rather go gorge on snacks than stand for this crap. He's a gourmand, after all.

Meanwhile the animal carnage continues, most flee inside but some don't make it. The traps do some work on the savages though. More barbarians try to enter through that one hole that they made, but they get beat back with relative ease, and ultimately they all flee
BGPxRB2.jpg

IoYWr7h.jpg

Three of our archer guests are down, ValeVelKal took some minor hits, and a bunch of animals are dead or dying. No prisoners are taken. Now to just get medical care to everybody whos bleeding dry in time...

However something else is going on too.
What's this about Azira and his lovers? That's what Tindrli insulted him for earlier.
wQ8Nj0X.jpg

Ultimately a deer and some goose die, an alpaca has a miscarriage, but overall we didn't sustain very few losses. It was a tough spot to save a horse and the pig, right before they bled out.

It's also a big nuisance to carry meals to incapaticated people from the meal dispenser... Wish the hospital was next to the dining room, or maybe another machine should be built. In any case it takes a lot of walking back and forth, annoying but not much can be done about it right now, since there's more pressing issues.
KRU4k9r.jpg

More and more defenses are being added, and a corner for human corpses is added there. The other corner could hold prisoners after a future raid perhaps, so there's less distance to get them to a prison for medical treatment so they dont die on the way. Then they can be transfered to a proper jail cell after being treated.
Zb32jTR.jpg

And it's more food binging...
FhepC3n.jpg

A visitor comes by, we sell him some clothes for money
xF4Ba7g.jpg

Our current list of animals, only missing one male husky at the top.

The big lump of animals next to the doors is where they ones who are being trained, milked or sheared are, so there's less distance to travel for the pawns. Alas there's so many that some go hungry (training also feeds them, but only if they actually get trained):
PBUpW7B.jpg

And another quest, I accepted it though I'm having second thoughts about whether it's worth it or not:
5fseQBR.jpg

azmcU18.jpg

More and more defenses
iFZEzeA.jpg

And this monument gets ready.
U2nYDQm.jpg

State of the colony at the start of winter. Winter is super mild, the corn still isn't dead, and just got into harvesting condition - during the day it can reach growing temperatures... The Techprint that the message is about, was from the ancient crypt. I've got all the animals inside the walls now, learning from the last raid, but maybe should send some of the more worthless ones just across the map as a distraction... Though for a raid distraction, using the animal pulser should be even better. Though I'm running out of wild grass inside the walls, there's still the hay and kibble basically untouched.
dQ2e8F7.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom